John Barresi got my job

big bri

Some know ive been outa work for a while.Been a little unlucky with a few new positions ive chased and been pipped at the post.

A Job i realy did wana get came up about a month ago and i went for it Big Style.After some previous dissapointment with the others.I didnt wana leave anything to chance.

After three interviews ,i was still in the running as the huge pack of applicants thinned.I recieved a breif from the Company for a full days assesment.Covering everything from Buisness plans,Numerical tests,sales.Ther was ten remaining applicants at this stage.All realy nice people and all i thought could fill the position open that i wanted.

The last section asked to select a person to fill the very job i had applied for and was wanting so much.The person could be ... [alive,dead,fictional]I had to explain why i selected that person.Explain what qualitys they had and then do a full presentation on that person fitting them to the position.All this Infront of the Company hirers and firers[if y like]

I chose JB as my subject.I did consider myself,Stphen Hoath,Joe H,God,Churhill,John Wayne,The Wife,My dad,Felix Motram,even forest Gump.I finally decided on John and im glad to say.

Yesterday I recieved

we are pleased to offer the position of,,,,,,,,,,yehhhhhhhh baby,jobs a goodn

So a big thanks to John for being such a great subject.Im sure my Informative,whitty,and well reaserched presentation made the diffrence.Along with my dashing good looks and Charisma...lol

Jobs a good,

Ta JB

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

We shall see how the first few months go i think first,but i realy hope to take a week in August,so lets see.

Kite Party i missed so much this year.Realy wana get over for that also.

Thanks Dave,have a good weekend.

BRIAN...

Right on Bri! I hope you do have the chance to join the festivities at WSIKF this year, definitely a do not miss for any Rev flier.

I have been on the prowl for a better job, may have something in the works but don't want to jump the gun yet. Had to do something that led to 2 weeks recuperation, just to qualify for the position........

Thanks everyone,its a releif to be employed again.

Like Tom mentions ,its kewl the part Revs have played in snaging me the Job.Im so glad JB chose kites and not pole dancingw00t.gif .I may have struggled with that as a presentation.

BRIAN...

been at my job 16 years so far. im truely blessed to have it my area has the biggest unenployment in the whole state . but keep in mind i live in a shore town .. lots of summer homes here. i know i dont go to many festivals as i would want to be at . but i work hard to keep my wildwood home . i dont ever want to leave here . i want my son and future daughter to enjoy the beaches like i have for years.. great to hear the newa bri best of luck to you..

Cheers all,

JB,I have my notes[rough ones].Mainly bullet points and prompts.I did learn and practice at home on the wife and kids.The master copys i had to submit.The daughter has my flip chart[3ft by 3ft]which i didnt require in the end,but preped anyways.Everything was hard copy from research,my notes and info.They also had tobe submitted.Wiki was usefull,facebook and here for the info main body.Along with personal info about your qualitys.Which i already had of your good self.Which are obvious to all.

I would add.I wouldnt put someone forward for anything unless i was 100% sure they wouldnt leave me with egg on my face.Ive fell foul before.With John i was 100% sure.

Monks,the best part is John did actually fit the job perfectly,he starts in two weeks.Gets a nice car choice to,25days holiday,plus bank holidays,no weekends,fuel card and exspenses card,lap top,and phone all paid for and supplied,Ho and they pay ya aswell......

Bob,i think your correct.The countrys on the up.Congrats to your daughter also.I know we had spoke about her before,so thats fab news my freind.

Antman,i agree with the lifestyle and quality of life for the kids.Well worth the effort and perhaps giving up some personal things to acheive the result is what Marridge and kids is about,,,,a balance

Thanks all for your well wishes,its a real releif to snag the job i wanted.Rather than just any old job.John realy was a great subject.Intresting,diffrent from the norm,weird how well he fitted all my new employers values and needs.Im sure it made a diffrence to me getting the job

PASSION,,,,,,thats what the feedback was,they felt i had passion.Along with other stuff.A trate i sare with Jb and many here

Cheers

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri

nice effort Brian and a great story, thanks for sharing!

I'm fortunate as well to have a job that pays a decent living and offers security. It was kind of developed specifically for me and I've been doing it since 1993. My boss is a deeply religious black gal who treats us all as absolute equals and trusts us to just do whatever it takes. "You're all professionals I am not going to watch you. In fact I'm here if your ever need me, but I hired you to work independently, . . . so don't you EVER need me!" We're constantly challenged to maximize any budget and still create powerful vehicles by which we can deliver a cancer message. Our office does work thru an national exhibit program, meeting support, clinical trials patient recruiting, graphic design services, photography/AV support, printing (that's my part), distribution and warehousing. The work is interesting and challenging, honestly in this current economy

I'm darn glad to have ANY job!

Thanks again all,im proper chuffed[smile.gif HAPPYsmile.gif ]

Being outa work isnt me at all.Ive had a nice break,but needed to focus on finding the job i wanted.Rather than any old job.The Companys a good one.My MD is a nice fella and the guys and Girls im going to work with are real people from what ive seen.Not clones of eachother.Which you can sorta find in my industry.

Thanks for all the best wishes,its realy kewl of ya all,cheers

BRIAN...