Revs and Relationships

KiteLife

I guess I've got it pretty good... as long as he gets his alotted amout of snuggle time I can pretty much get away with flying when ever the wind is good! But I do have to tell him where I am flying, in case he decides come out and play with his trainer power kite! Or to check up on me! hahahaha :bag:

I have to tell you, flying kites has brought my husband and me closer together. We just discovered the activity a little over 2 years ago, but we absolutely love it.

While I am not a quadhead (yet), I have progressed from single line to dual. I might learn to fly a rev in the not so distant future, but I totally support him in his flying. I even bought him one of the Bazzer Dragons for his birthday, even though it is not until July. I gave it to him at Smithsonian.

We will soon be empty nesters (the youngest is a senior in high school), and I look forward to spending quality time together on the flying fields.

Joyce

• 2 weeks later...

When I told my new other half that I fly kites, the initial reaction was puzzlement!

From the start I said, if you want to see me at weekends, you can either come to the kite field with me when I want to go, or sit at home on your own. I think he got the message about this "addiction" .. lol

The first time I brought him out to the kite field, puzzlement changed to curiosity.

After a while he was brave enough to have a go, and then he realised it wasn't as easy as I (and friends) had made it look!

Now he appreciates how difficult it is, there's no worries. He is very useful as ground crew, with an understanding of how the kite should fly, and how to untangle lines, etc. he can spot what the problem is and help out. Better than just standing on the sidelines not knowing what to do!

Now he's got his own SLE & Vented Revs, I'm so surprised (and happy!) that a someone who's only even been mad about football can love flying kites so much!

Plus I am encouraging him to fly with other people around, rather than being on his own, as having to concentrate hard improves your flying skills... ready for that Megateam!

Hezz

When I told my new other half that I fly kites, the initial reaction was puzzlement!

From the start I said, if you want to see me at weekends, you can either come to the kite field with me when I want to go, or sit at home on your own. I think he got the message about this "addiction" .. lol

The first time I brought him out to the kite field, puzzlement changed to curiosity.

After a while he was brave enough to have a go, and then he realised it wasn't as easy as I (and friends) had made it look!

Now he appreciates how difficult it is, there's no worries. He is very useful as ground crew, with an understanding of how the kite should fly, and how to untangle lines, etc. he can spot what the problem is and help out. Better than just standing on the sidelines not knowing what to do!

Now he's got his own SLE & Vented Revs, I'm so surprised (and happy!) that a someone who's only even been mad about football can love flying kites so much!

Plus I am encouraging him to fly with other people around, rather than being on his own, as having to concentrate hard improves your flying skills... ready for that Megateam!

Hezz

And a nice guy .........................oh my god what am I doing ..................................... :lol: :lol: mine's a Leffe

• 3 weeks later...

As many out there know, I am one of the lucky ones.

I have had an interest in cars since I was a young boy who's father was a Hudson Dealer. When I took up Street Rodding, Lynn jumped right in and likes it as much as I do.

In 2000 I got a Vintage Airstream travel trailer. Lynn again was right there sewing her heart out and always ready to "hit the road" to a car event, trailer event, kite event,or just to get away (from what, I don't know).

That brings us to this "ripstopitis" we all seem to have. A few weeks after I got my first Rev, Lynn was on the handles. Then she got her own Rev. Then on the sewing machine. Now we almost always fly standing right next to each other. We both love pairs and team quad flying.

Come to think of it, we are a "team" at almost everything we do. (Lynn doesn't help me polish the Airstream)

Yes. I am truly one of the very lucky ones.

Come to think of it, we are a "team" at almost everything we do. (Lynn doesn't help me polish the Airstream)

Jim, if you want more practice polishing my 31' Airstream could use it bad! :kid_smartass:

I am quite happy, I tracked down my last (currently existing) leak. I caulked around the water heater and the trailer has remained dry through three torrential downpours.

Now, about that polishing...

-Alden

Just booked this years family summer holiday ..... we usually book one of those converted French farm house type villa's down in the Southern half of France.. have used the same company for 10 years on and off as they have a range of very nice properties, very secluded, own pools etc etc .... So in choosing this years property it came down to two ... one in a beautiful woody valley and a similar property on top of a hill with a large exposed grassy field attached .... Mrs Jones liked the former.... guess which one I booked!!

Am I doomed??

no way, you're the man of her dreams!

she has everything she needed except a whole forest full of insects to annoy her. It's not about the field or kites, it's about her comfort. You gotta' "sell it" a little bit.

Thought I might take the opportunity to gift the rest of the family their own personal Rev's and we can all fly into the sunset together... think sunset over the vineyards, crickets singing, Wine, cheese and bread waiting on the veranda, Rev's entwined in the clouds.....

Yeah right!

• 4 weeks later...

Boy, I'm late to this topic.

Having been written up in a few newspapers and local magazines from the midwest to the southeast including Southern Living the Carolina version regarding flying kites and how my Wife and I met.

To Sum up the lengthy story, First I've been flying kites for the second time since the late 80's. Was going to a Kite Festival in Wayne NE in the early 90's, a buddy who wanted to tag along was asking specifics of where to meet and Future Mrs. was walking by him while on the phone and invited herself along saying 'I Fly Kites'.

There was room in the car so...

1 year later at the Callaway Kite Flight I bought 2 Rev II's one for her (Blue and Pink) one for me (Blue)

5 years after first meeting at the same Kite Festival I proposed (5 years was probably due to the name of the festival, "Chicken Days")

Been Married since 2000 and had a little Kiteflier in Dec '06. Been going to festivals and flys as much as possible, slowed down with the little one a bit (he gets fussy and haven't figured out how to put him down for a nap on the field yet, any ideas?)

BTW, she did fly kites and she meant stunt kites. Her dad had a Hawaiian that he had difficulty getting into Saudi just before the Gulf War, luckily someone in line behind him at customs said the native term for 'Kite' while he was being forced to put it together.

So Kite relationships can work

• 1 month later...

Ok here's a pickle which I might need a little help resolving ....

August 21st is the day iQuad arrive in the UK for the summer festivals.... I along with Sailor am picking the boys up from the Airport and giving them a bed for the first night of their stay .... something has been niggling me about that date ..... you guessed it 15th Wedding Anniversary ... 15th isn't anything special right?? or maybe it could be 'carbon' or 'polyester' ...

Anyway I hope you iQuad boys know a few songs or double as a mariachi band in your spare time so that you can serenade Mrs Jones at her romantic dinner for 8 ... maybe I could have them appear out of a cake??

... Please send thoughts and suggestions to:

The doghouse

Little Underthumb

England

:blushing:

Ok here's a pickle which I might need a little help resolving ....

August 21st is the day iQuad arrive in the UK for the summer festivals........

you guessed it 15th Wedding Anniversary ...

Ooops major pickling for you Jonesey!

did you forget about *that* date when you made plans ?! :kid_frustrated:

Buy some good ingridents and do a dinner impossible type show. Food network. I'm sure the iQuad boys will know it. LOL, they get so long to cook you and your wife a dinner to remember. I'm sure you'll remember it one way or the other. But allrecipies.com is a good place to start. :kid_devlish: Lincoln City here happens to fall on my wifes bday. Think I'm missing iQuad, Penny and the others? :kid_brooding: Oh, I don't think so. We'll get rid of the kids for a weekend on the coast (first for us in 5 years) and I'll fly with everyone. Maybe her too. LOL

One day of non sacrifice is due.

Why wouldn't bringing celebrities into the home for a chance meeting be a good thing? :wacko: