Rev training day in the UK

Stephen Hoath

I had already suggested that together with " I dont drik, I dont smoke, I just Fly kites, edited together... with Revolution by the Beatles [bTW Past Masters Vol 2 release year on CD 1988 (Yes 20 Years ago!!! spooky)] & Children of the revolution by Marc Bolan, and best of all Revolution Deathsqaud by Dragon Force (a bit fast but a great name !!) Or how about Revolution 1993, by Jamiroquai

Dum, dum dum

dum, dum dum

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had already suggested that together with " I dont drik, I dont smoke, I just Fly kites, edited together... with Revolution by the Beatles [bTW Past Masters Vol 2 release year on CD 1988 (Yes 20 Years ago!!! spooky)] & Children of the revolution by Marc Bolan, and best of all Revolution Deathsqaud by Dragon Force (a bit fast but a great name !!) Or how about Revolution 1993, by Jamiroquai

Mr Hathaway is preparing something all being well...

Maybe he should get in touch with Andy Preston who did IDD IDS IJFK

Felix

Big thank you to everyone and especially Steven & Bruce for letting me fly their vented kites, and more so for not showing their nerves as a complete novice clattered around the skies.....

More seriously, I came away having learnt a great deal and inspired to practice more often after seeing what Jeremy achieved in such a short time scale.

Their are numerous other people who deserve thanks including Gary, Rob, Bob and nameless others. Your help and input was much appreciated and I hope to see you all again at various festivals.

For those that need longer handles given the increasing wind speeds, I can offer my pipe bending services.

mark m

Back in Devon safe and knackered.

"Awesome" time had amongst the UK contingent of this truly dysfunctional family!

Lots of wind, lots of venting, lots of fun.

Good to put faces to many new friends and great banter catching up with the old reprobates (you know who you are!)

....apparently at some stage the gorilla ate the pie, but we all know who did it first (at least 20 years ago) ;)

Hi Dave.Good to see ya arrived home safe and well.Thanks for the tips and advice on the sticks and handles.Great to talk and fly with ya Dave.

So it did eat the pie then.I herd that,AMAZEING.

Thanks for the great idea you had on the handles Dave and shareing your knowledget with us,great idea that Dave.Your a wise Man and a wealth of info. ,,,2.9% OF THE TIME :kid_devlish: .

BRIAN...ps,is it a new idea Dave :blue_wink:

Good afternoon People!

Been in about an hour after the trek home. Bit nervy setting off, having listened to the weather forecasts for the north of England and Scotland (these are places above Birmingham - for all you soft southerners...), but only the second last 20miles of the 400 was at all dodgy.

Just spent a great 15minutes laughing my head off at everyone's comments about the weekend - everyone obviously enjoyed it, which is just fantastic.

Gimme 24hours or so (and a flurry of red-faced PMs to check things/names with various people :confused!: !) and I'll post the 'report'!

Gotta join in the effusive thanks to Stephen and all the other non-organisers though and all the coaches who bizarrely happened to be there even though nothing had been organised. PLEASE feel free not to bother to organise more things in the future!

Fraser

Oh, incidentally, did everyone have INSURANCE? Ha!

Really nice comments guys, I know i'm normally over on the other forum, but this great, hope you all got home safely, sounds like you all did.....personally i had a fantastic time even though i was on my "GAP" year last year...nice to be back in the fold...................on a really personal note, moi flying with the Decs...thanks Felix....Looking forward to bris/port....

Hope everybody came home having learnt a little bit more.....

Also i think a very large thanks should go to BOB, who did a lot of the backstage stuff.....un-sung hero!!

Hope we can do it all again soon, in warmer conditions.....Just had a thought, how about a Revolution weekend in Spain.....Bob, over to you!!!!

Gary the Rev

THE FLYING SQUAD

Really nice comments guys, I know i'm normally over on the other forum, but this great, hope you all got home safely, sounds like you all did.....personally i had a fantastic time even though i was on my "GAP" year last year...nice to be back in the fold...................on a really personal note, moi flying with the Decs...thanks Felix....Looking forward to bris/port....

Also i think a very large thanks should go to BOB, who did a lot of the backstage stuff.....un-sung hero!!

Hope we can do it all again soon, in warmer conditions.....Just had a thought, how about a Revolution weekend in Spain.....Bob, over to you!!!!

Gary the Rev

THE FLYING SQUAD

Valencia is at the end of March as I recall!

Felix

Ian4C is the one I think people are waiting for, he is the one that took the video of the of the FS & Decs mega team that people want to see, but don’t want posted on You Tube, but it may be a few days before he posts, I know he was of to visit family before heading home.

I think “un-sung hero,“ is pushing it a bit, all the thanks I’ve had. I’m starting to blush. :blushing:

I think the title of hero of the w/e has to go to either Fraser for distance travelled or to Sailor99 for his team flying, he recons he’s only been flying Revs a few months but he put me to shame.

Don’t look at me I’m not up for not organising this one. It needs somebody with a good knowledge of Spain, I’ve never flown a kite on mainland Europe, though if you know of any well travelled Rev flyer who fancies giving it a go, please let me know, though not for a couple of days, I’ve just put the dates for Portsmouth an Bristol on the family calendar and I think it might be wise to let the dust settle a bit. SWMBO is a little :angry:

Sailor99 for his team flying, he recons he's only been flying Revs a few months but he put me to shame.

You're too kind young sir. I guess I spend too much time watching the video's that came with the kites and 'imitating' what john-B does with his hands, if you see what I mean. Maybe I should get out more! As for the team flying, all I can say is that it rocks! Just a shame that the lines get all wound up - why has someone not invented bluetooth revs?

A wee bit belated I know but thanks to the organisers and teachers for a Great Weekend :)

It was nice, from a noobs point of view, to meet so many friendly and helpful peeps

on a hill in blustery bedfordshire for the enjoyment of defying the weather and keeping kites in the air. :clap;

:dual:

Here are a few pics I took on the Saturday..... Enjoy Saturday Pics

Any News on the PIELLA TRIP Bob

BRIAN...

I refer you to my previous answer.

Don’t look at me I’m not up for not organising this one. It needs somebody with a good knowledge of Spain, I’ve never flown a kite on mainland Europe, though if you know of any well travelled Rev flyer who fancies giving it a go, please let me know, though not for a couple of days, I’ve just put the dates for Portsmouth an Bristol on the family calendar and I think it might be wise to let the dust settle a bit. SWMBO is a little :angry:

BTW. Do you have travel insurance? :dizzy: