Rev training day in the UK

Stephen Hoath

From comments on the forum and chatting to some guys around the circuit this year it seems that there is need/want for an opportunity for all us rev pilots to get together and for those of us with a little more experience (or just different experience) to share some of the knowledge around.

I would be prepared to be involved in such a venture (I may be able to persuade some others in the team) but would be interested to know if there really is demand for such a weekend.

Whilst team flying is my main focus I envisage that there may be some individuals who want to pick up some tips as well. If this happens it would be an informal affair at a suitable location. We have some fabulous beaches in the UK and so I was considering somewhere on the west coast around the middle of the UK such as ainsdale beach (near southport).

So, my questions to you all are:

• Is there any demand for such an event (1 day or weekend) ?

If so, where should it be held?

What do people want to know?

Let me know and we can try and arrange something.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From comments on the forum and chatting to some guys around the circuit this year it seems that there is need/want for an opportunity for all us rev pilots to get together and for those of us with a little more experience (or just different experience) to share some of the knowledge around.

I would be prepared to be involved in such a venture (I may be able to persuade some others in the team) but would be interested to know if there really is demand for such a weekend.

Whilst team flying is my main focus I envisage that there may be some individuals who want to pick up some tips as well. If this happens it would be an informal affair at a suitable location. We have some fabulous beaches in the UK and so I was considering somewhere on the west coast around the middle of the UK such as ainsdale beach (near southport).

Sounds good to me! And for me, most interesting. I note there are a few new members popping up and if like me, we newcommers, really need some help and advice!

I live in Devon and if there happens to be anybody on route ( if it happens) to where ever I would be pleased to pick them up.

I have yet to see another Rev flown in Devon! Where are you? :confused!:

Ian

This sounds like a great idea, as a newbie it would be great to be able to learn from real people.

I would not mind to leave the continent and come over to the UK.

Good Winds,

John

Sounds good to me! And for me, most interesting. I note there are a few new members popping up and if like me, we newcommers, really need some help and advice!

I live in Devon and if there happens to be anybody on route ( if it happens) to where ever I would be pleased to pick them up.

I have yet to see another Rev flown in Devon! Where are you? :confused!:

Ian

you have one of the UK's best down there in Devon :lol: Mr David Ellison he is on here maybe you could meet up ?

Hello Stephen

Sounds like a great idea.

But a heck of a trek = tired before I start ;)

Location is something that can be decided on later. I am in the middle of the UK and so it is no problem. I will try and find a good venue that is the best location for the many.

If we have people coming in from Europe (that would be great) then near one of the airports could be a good idea eg Stopsley near Luton. With Easy Jet prices, day trips are even possible.

What would be your preferred location?

Hello Stephen,

I would definately be interested in a training day in the uk, would love to learn from more experienced flyers.

As far as location, Ainsdale would be great for me as that is where myself & a few other rev flyers meet most weekends, but more than happy to travel to other locations.

Dave.

Just to add, I'll be happy to help provided I can get to where ever...

My Credentials...

As John Mitchell said a Great Rev flyers and a good judge, ME I think it's more the other way round. And as the Head Judge at World Cup said, "you're the best judge here" Oh and by the way, never been lower than 4th in any competition (I broke an upright spar in my Rev) and when competing with The Flying Squad, only ever came 1st. post-1801-1189027108.gif Now just need a Mod to upload it to the Emoticons :kid_smartass:

Hello Stephen,

I would definately be interested in a training day in the uk, would love to learn from more experienced flyers.

As far as location, Ainsdale would be great for me as that is where myself & a few other rev flyers meet most weekends, but more than happy to travel to other locations.

Dave.

Hi Dave, I will sit on this for a little while to see who want's to get involved. However, I love the look of the beach up there and I guess there in no space issues!

I'll keep you in the loop.

S

My Credentials...

As John Mitchell said a Great Rev flyers and a good judge, ME I think it's more the other way round. And as the Head Judge at World Cup said, "you're the best judge here" Oh and by the way, never been lower than 4th in any competition (I broke an upright spar in my Rev) and when competing with The Flying Squad, only ever came 1st. post-1801-1189027108.gif Now just need a Mod to upload it to the Emoticons :kid_smartass:

Can you clean up the text in the sign a little, and make the background transparent?

I'll be happy to add it to the emoticons, if you can tweak it a bit for me. ;)

My Credentials...

Ah come on Simon! I didn't say you were just a good judge. I said you were a very good judge.

you have one of the UK's best down there in Devon :lol: Mr David Ellison he is on here maybe you could meet up ?

Thanks for that Garry. I realise now, that it was David Ellison, who was demonstrating the Revolution kites at the Exmouth Kite Festival June this year, who first got me interested. I had a conversation with him about the Revs. He started me on this EXPensive new found hobby! EXP, 1.5 SLE, Rev 1 SLE, Rev 1 SLE Vented. Learning very fast and enjoying every moment of kite flying.

At Exmouth we have several grass sites and of course the estuary, and beaches.

Ian

Missed this one Stephen.Near swollowed my Crumpet whole at Brekie when i read AINSDALE.

HO YES PLEASE SIR,can i have some more :rolleyes::D

I am a little one sided on the venue suggested.Its only 30miles tops for me,but be in no doubt anyone who hasnt been ther.Ive been to alot of UK beeches and Ainsdale has yet to be beaten for many reasons.

As a site its HUGE[ need to watch the rare high tides though],miles and miles of flying room.

Its safe,you can fly from your car boot

Views are amazeing,with a backdrop of power kites and North Wales one side and Blackpool in the Misty distance

The HOFFS]Coast Guards lol]are proper.Not jobsworths.They respect our hobby and more important our safety.

I will travel,No Probs,but it would be GREAT as a venue for such an event

Good Idea Stephen...

BRIAN...

Just a thought that another + FOR Ainsdale would be,

.Liverpool and Manchester :plane: Airports are close.Easy Jet From Liverpool is a stones throw away.

The train links to southport are OK.

Motorways are good.Thers enough of us up here to collect flyers from Airports/train stations/bus depots. :group:

Thers a few camping/caravan parks within a few miles.Ones walkable to the beech.I would be delighted :sign_welcome: to help with the Caravan i have.It sleeps 3 Adults nicely.I also have a few good pop up TENTS.ther just the job for this type of thing.I have an awning i could also put on the van to fit more in.

The site i ve stayed on ,very near to the beech is quiet,but very clean.They have the best showers and stuff.

Thers plenty of :big_beer::big_band: close by.The Sands is a dedicated kiters pub.Landlady is very nice :throb:

Thers a Tesco/shops 2 mins away

The wind at any beech is obviously better than :rev_clockwork: inshore wind[HOPE I DONT REGRET THAT REMARK ]

As Dave B said.Ther can be half a dozen of us ther at the weekends :rainbowwave: .

WHEREVER FOR ME.Just need a little notice.

Bring it on,,,,,yes,yes

BRIAN...

I will definitely second the ainsdale recomendation and can confirm it has everything a rev flyer could ever want. In fact im going there on saturday and then up to balckpool on saturday night for the blackpool iluminations :) .

P.S. if you see this bri, dave or claire, is anyone else going to be there this weekend?

I will definitely second the ainsdale recomendation and can confirm it has everything a rev flyer could ever want. In fact im going there on saturday and then up to balckpool on saturday night for the blackpool iluminations :) .

P.S. if you see this bri, dave or claire, is anyone else going to be there this weekend?

A few of us as usual will be ther Andy. CU ther mate.

BRIAN...

He started me on this EXPensive new found hobby! EXP, 1.5 SLE, Rev 1 SLE, Rev 1 SLE Vented. Learning very fast and enjoying every moment of kite flying.

Expensive? That's what I thought, I reckon if I lost my Rev bag and all it's contents there would be an insurance claim of a little over £1,000. But then I thought again, this is all top end kit, how much would it have been if I had taken up golf. And we don't have expensive club membership, green fees, or those silly pullovers. :)

That reminds me. My wife was in publishing and was helping to "translate" a British travel guide to American. She didn't notice a warning about a "sleeping policeman." She thought it really was about a policeman who was asleep. :lol: It was published that way here in the States.

Hi,

New to the site, but i would be interested, i have had my RevII for 6 years and have just recently purchased a Rev 1.5SLE at the Bristol festival.

Off this Saturday for some much needed flying time.

Hope to meet up soon.

Happy Flying