What is your favorite Rev?

KiteLife

Tell us...  

104 members have voted

1. 1. For performance/response, which Rev do you like flying the most?

• Rev II
    • Rev I
    • Rev I Sedgwick
    • 1.5 EXP
    • 1.5 SLE
    • 1.5 B-Series
    • Supersonic
    • Shockwave
    • Blast
  2. 2. Now, which MODEL do you generally prefer given ideal winds?

• Standard
    • Vented
  3. 3. Which SPARS do you prefer, in their ideal wind range?

• 2 wrap (1/4" spars)
    • 3 wrap (1/4" spars)
    • 4 wrap (1/4" spars)
    • Race Spars (1/4" spars)
    • SLE

Question

• Answers 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

You had to ask? Like you didn't know?

Had the chance to get some sky-time today. It finally warmed to 50+ degrees, and the winds were guuusssty! Took the signed "B" up and had a great time, but wished I had received the mid-vent (on order) before leaving. Sure as Sh-it, when I got home, what was waiting for me between the doors? It's B-U-tea-full!

Story of my life... Maybe tomorrow...

Jynx :cat:

"EG"

wished I had received the mid-vent (on order) before leaving....

Hi JynX :)

nice mid-v

I've not had a chance to try mine out yet......

and I still haven't had conducive conditions to try out the RR in the Vented B (nervous - crazy winds here for that)

Baloo> you are a funny bear, is it 'cos your head is full of fluff and dreams of Revs....?

FYI it's all *your* fault my friend, I've been having 'Hot' thoughts ;) (he knows)

[edited: the hot sedgwick became a gift]

There must be a 12 step kiteaholics programme for you Bri. Your kids need shoes this winter ;)
Ho yes,ther draged up my two, :lol:

More shoes than Mrs A.Marcos.A bigger xmas list than Schindler,More high school musical stuff than Woolworth.Legoland would be put ta shame,xbox 360 and 1.7million games,Nintendo this,that, and the bloody other.

If it wasnt for blasted Football and HSM tradeing cards.I could retire to THE MOON.

BRIAN...PS, thers only 3 steps to Heaven.Pick up phone,dial,speak to Lolly...... :wub:

Have good weekend all

Wow!

Nice selection to choose from Brian.

If you stack em you don't have to worry abt which to fly, just which order you'd stack them.

Hmmm?????

Aret they just Awsome.Im a lucky guy i know.Dont wana put them away now ther up.

Ive put them in the order i beleive they had been born.Starting with the H,S,Wings.They would make a fair eyefull as a stack.The U J would be leading the way in a stack.

BRIAN...have a goodn

Got a mid-vent "B" series "Night"... Finally made it's virgin flight today (33 degrees :blue_sad: ) in winds ranging from 6-12 (only).. but it still performed rather nicely... when the winds did peak... it was a smooth as a baby's butt!

I also had my "B" standard along, as the winds died, I switched over.

I can't wait to get some decent winds (and above freezing temp) and take the "Night" up again... The colors are so awesome, it lights up the sky (even when the sun isn't what it should be)! LuvIT!

Hot thoughts? Possibly a mid-life-thang? Try black tea!

Jynx :cat:

The winds are pretty fierce down here in the Caribbean this week.... I've only been able to get the Power Blast 2-4 out twice so far... winds have been over 20 kts and I'm still trying to get to know the PB..... I have however, been flying the heck out my old REV II... right up until the line snapped yesterday in 23 kts of wind... damn! Had to do a bit of "field repair", but I should be back up and running.

That Power Blast 2-4 has some serious tug on it...we're getting to know each other slowly!! Here's a cool picture of playing near the water with the Rev II in some pretty strong winds... its sure a great kite!

post-2565-1236086949_thumb.jpg

Here's a cool picture of playing near the water with the Rev II in some pretty strong winds... its sure a great kite!

Hi

It's interesting to see you enjoying the extreme ends of the kiting spectrum.

Your Rev II is a beaut especially in those surroundings :)

Looks like a lot of fun, and very cool indeed.

Your blue, is a distant cousin of my Little Red, which has given me lots of joy :D

Have had so much fun with the rev IIs I'm thinking of getting a stack of them :w00t:

Too bad about your line snap... you'll have to think about replacing that, otherwise it'll keep breaking :(

The winds are pretty fierce down here in the Caribbean this week.... I've only been able to get the Power Blast 2-4 out twice so far... winds have been over 20 kts and I'm still trying to get to know the PB..... I have however, been flying the heck out my old REV II... right up until the line snapped yesterday in 23 kts of wind... damn! Had to do a bit of "field repair", but I should be back up and running.

That Power Blast 2-4 has some serious tug on it...we're getting to know each other slowly!! Here's a cool picture of playing near the water with the Rev II in some pretty strong winds... its sure a great kite!

That's not fair posting that picture, it's 12 degrees this morning with snow all over the place!

-Alden

Woah, one year on in my rev-experience, I shall re-evalute my favourites:

Rev1.5 vented B or other: to learn on, and to gain precision

Rev II: most fun and giggles :blue-love:

Rev 1 Sedgie: fav for light wind days

Can't say about the power or speed series as I've only borrowed some for a quick flight.

OK.... I think I found the upper limits of winds for the Power Blast 2-4.... after my poor little Rev II snapped its lines (again after a failed attempt to fix it), I decided to launch the Power Blast. I had thought the winds had slowed a bit, but they were still somewhere between 22-24 mph. I'm not a small guy (about 185 lbs) and I scared the living $hit out myself with that PB... I still have the skid marks in the sand where it dragged me. When that baby digs in, does it ever dig in!!!

I can make my REV II sing, but I have a LOT of work to do mastering that big Power Blast 2-4.... I think I'll back my wind "tolerances" waayyyy down for it for a while!!

My son is a little perturbed... he was just getting the hang of the REV II and won't even "try" the Power Blast... can't say as I blame him....

John

Alden: the warm weather is coming! It's 86F today in Grand Cayman.... niiice.

post-2565-1236186294_thumb.jpg

post-2565-1236186308_thumb.jpg

OK.... I think I found the upper limits of winds for the Power Blast 2-4.... after my poor little Rev II snapped its lines (again after a failed attempt to fix it), I decided to launch the Power Blast. I had thought the winds had slowed a bit, but they were still somewhere between 22-24 mph. I'm not a small guy (about 185 lbs) and I scared the living $hit out myself with that PB... I still have the skid marks in the sand where it dragged me. When that baby digs in, does it ever dig in!!!

I can make my REV II sing, but I have a LOT of work to do mastering that big Power Blast 2-4.... I think I'll back my wind "tolerances" waayyyy down for it for a while!!

My son is a little perturbed... he was just getting the hang of the REV II and won't even "try" the Power Blast... can't say as I blame him....

John

Alden: the warm weather is coming! It's 86F today in Grand Cayman.... niiice.

It's supposed to be near 60F here this weekend so I am looking forward to that. If you keep this up I'll be asking about guest rooms at your place! Then we can try some team flying with the PB's.

-Alden

John I think that skid marks in the sand would be the least of my worries with a PB in those winds.

My Blast takes me along in the gusts, and I am no lightweight.

I do LOVE your Rev 2. I specially like the solid colours. I have 3 Rev 2's myself, 2 solids and one old twin colour.