REV shots with famous landmark backgrounds!

quadkit

the train tunnelly horse thingie is a different horse altogether...

post-1812-1248769298_thumb.jpg

this one also taken with Ant&K on 'his' hill ;)

There are many white horses in UK, but I believe this is one of the oldest if not the oldest.

Now then you cant fool me ...that's a Sheep not a Horse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

post-1082-1249090382_thumb.jpgSue and I happened to be flying kites with Scott Weider at the opening ceremony for the Black Ships Festival in Newport. A black tie affair at a museum, the Rosecliff Mansion in Newport (RI). We flew in the back yard on the ocean. Scott flew up close to the crowd, mansion, statues, etc. Just moments after this picture was taken major thunderstorms and lightning moved in forcing a "quick" exit.

This one's being posted for Scott.

Steve

Thanks Steve and Sue for taking the photos

What A great experience, One to remember for me, Flying my kites in places you wouldn't think possible!

Here is one flying in front of the Travelers insurance building in Manhattan NY, during the Tribeca Film Festival in March

Flying one handed and shooting the photo with my phone camera

post-1950-1249096003_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott A.

Thanks Steve and Sue for taking the photos

What A great experience, One to remember for me, Flying my kites in places you wouldn't think possible!

Here is one flying in front of the Travelers insurance building in Manhattan NY, during the Tribeca Film Festival in March

Flying one handed and shooting the photo with my phone camera

Hi Scott-

Great shot!!! How cool that you were flying with indoor technique, one handed and then able to take the shot, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chicago landmarks as seen from Northerly Island. My son doing a tip-stand on Sears ( aka Willis ) Tower and my daughter flying a std Rev over the skyline. Last picture is over Aon building with John Hancock in the background.

post-2965-1255657481_thumb.jpgpost-2965-1255657847_thumb.jpgpost-2965-1255657516_thumb.jpgpost-2965-1255657501_thumb.jpgpost-2965-1255657828_thumb.jpg

John

IKE website has good listing of Chicago area flying fields.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...4.27124&z=7

I haven't flown them all, but my favorite by far is Northerly Island. Clean winds off the Lake, large field, and great views of Chicago skyline. If you are flying short lines, there a lot of small parks and lakefront areas to fly. Navy Pier area has some nearby parks. Dave at Midwest Kites may have some better insights.

Parking area may have changed. We have a club fly there tomorrow and I'll check out current situation.

Double check Chicago Park District website to ensure no concerts (summertime) or other activities planned at Northerly Island.

http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/index.c...9e7c589e0ba.cfm

Address is 1400 S. Lynn White Dr.,Chicago, IL 60605 for GPS and phone is Phone: 312-745-2910

Best way is to come in off 18th Drive, not McFetridge.

post-2965-1255751146_thumb.jpg

Let us know when you are in town and we can announce on IKE forum and do a club fly.

John

IKE website has good listing of Chicago area flying fields.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...4.27124&z=7

I haven't flown them all, but my favorite by far is Northerly Island. Clean winds off the Lake, large field, and great views of Chicago skyline. If you are flying short lines, there a lot of small parks and lakefront areas to fly. Navy Pier area has some nearby parks. Dave at Midwest Kites may have some better insights.

Parking area may have changed. We have a club fly there tomorrow and I'll check out current situation.

Double check Chicago Park District website to ensure no concerts (summertime) or other activities planned at Northerly Island.

http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/index.c...9e7c589e0ba.cfm

Address is 1400 S. Lynn White Dr.,Chicago, IL 60605 for GPS and phone is Phone: 312-745-2910

Best way is to come in off 18th Drive, not McFetridge.

post-2965-1255751146_thumb.jpg

Let us know when you are in town and we can announce on IKE forum and do a club fly.

John

Thanks for all that info! Will definitely get in touch!

• 4 weeks later...
you may have heard of the saying.... "an English man loves his castle..."

so we went and flew at an Englishman's folly at the famous Broadway Tower in the English Cotswolds, enroute from a wedding at Dumbleton Hall (a stately home). Pics are in the link.

Great fun

ah awesome pics Choccy. You made me home sick

Bazzer