Loads of Brake

Baloo

Question

I am sure I was following a conversation about flying with loads of brake. Been looking for ages and can't find it now. I think I was reading it Yesterday, either that or I was dreaming.

Anyway to the point. Tried the first (or last) top knot and second bottom knot this evening. It took a bit to get it launched, didnt like to fly when the wind dropped, I was on a b'v with Equipped rods mind.

Initially it wanted to keep flicking, then I found I could flack the flick. Tried it a couple more times, not too neat and rather slow but for the first time I could flack my flicks so can actually calim to have done a few flick flacks.

Got more used to it after a while. The kite was much quieter and seemed to do what I wanted it to do more.

Still got to own my hover and want to learn Bicycle.

Going to keep trying with the brakes on and see if it gets easier. Seems to make sense anyway.

Thanks for the posts about it making me try.

You watch I will go strasight to the thread now won't I.

Cheers all.

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Straight line left to right, pinky, thumb, thumb, pinky.

Hold your hands out, palms down, now keeping that position, close your hands like you're holding handles... That's true horizontal. ;)

==

Same idea, making mock Rev handles with your hands (like hang loose)... Touch your thumbs, and drop your pinkies down so your hands form an a-frame.

This is my ideal hand position, more or less.

For me, the only time my handles are vertical is when the kite is going up or down. When going side to side the hands follow the kite meaning like left wing up, left hand on top. The handles only go horizontal when needed. Horizontal for me means that instead of the handles moving strait at me, they move to the side of me. Think of your hands vertical infront of you. On the horizontal motion the handle moves toward my hip as apposed to my stomach. Does that help? VISUALIZE.... :kid_brooding:

Sorry, I was trying to be funny.

Dean B)

:w00t: put your thumbs together, pinkies down. Put your thumbs in or on your belly button (depending on an inny or outty) point your pinkies to the outside of your feet with your feet shoulder width apart. Help?

Dean B)

P.S. If your at work and you get a funny look just tell them it's an addiction your working on. :w00t:

Straight line left to right, pinky, thumb, thumb, pinky.

Hold your hands out, palms down, now keeping that position, close your hands like you're holding handles... That's true horizontal. ;)

==

Same idea, making mock Rev handles with your hands (like hang loose)... Touch your thumbs, and drop your pinkies down so your hands form an a-frame.

This is my ideal hand position, more or less.

Yep, got it. On inverted my pinkies will be above my thumbs, sometimes - usually if I am doing something precise like an inverted kiss. So, one to consider when flying.

Thanks Dean ... just the incentive I needed to go back to yachting! :wacko:

Just thought I'd try to help. :sign_kitelife: At least I covered my boobs. :blushing: I figured that if you couldn't see the belly button like I was yakin about you might end up with your pinkies aimed up when inverted. :kid_brooding:

:w00t:

Dean B)

Yep, got it. On inverted my pinkies will be above my thumbs, sometimes - usually if I am doing something precise like an inverted kiss. So, one to consider when flying.

Perhaps these help, first, Sailor with horizontal hands, flying an inverted slide.

Second, Pete on the right flying my Bv with "loads of brake" and Colin on the left without much brake, Colin now flys with a lot more brake.

post-559-1214862505_thumb.jpg

post-559-1214862534_thumb.jpg

The handles are not standards it should be said, and there was a lot less brake than I fly with (no criticism implied), like a lot less brake. And it was a rev I, just the second time I had flown one. so it is somewhat unusual. But, it has to be said, hand position on the handle aside, that would be my norm for an inverted slide. So as I say, something to think about and experiment with.

Cool, after grossing Jonesey out I was hoping I hadn't spoiled the mood or offended anyone else today. :sign_kitelife:

Dean B)

Sorry Dean... you didn't gross me out I've just been off slipping into a sports bra before I post my reposte picture ... be afraid :lol:

Cool, after grossing Jonesey out I was hoping I hadn't spoiled the mood or offended anyone else today. :sign_kitelife:

Dean B)

Still early yet Dean :blue_wink: .

OK,Im gerrin mi yed round this,

Long handles,17inch arent they.So how much longer do my leaders/pig tails need to be.Than the B Series ones

BRIAN...

:devil: Mm,TA Bruce.

I wonder,Your mate Pete.On the right.Does he have a license for the Ariel in his hat...

sorry mate.Couldnt not say something :devil: .

Thanks for the info pal.C U SOON

BRIAN...

post-559-1214864114_thumb.jpg

10-4 Bri, I will have to ask him about the licence, he has always got his ears on. :lol: ...oi...you aint gorn orf topic ev ya?

Yeh, you are right Sailor, I had dropped a lot of brake off the handles for Rob, he flies with less than I do, dont seem to hinder him none though. :D

Long handles,17inch arent they.So how much longer do my leaders/pig tails need to be.Than the B Series ones
what did you have to go and do that for? Now we are going to have a load of "my pigtails are longer than your pigtail" type pictures. For goodness sake! ;)

post-559-1214864114_thumb.jpg

10-4 Bri, I will have to ask him about the licence, he has always got his ears on. :lol: ...oi...you aint gorn orf topic ev ya?

Yeh, you are right Sailor, I had dropped a lot of brake off the handles for Rob, he flies with less than I do, dont seem to hinder him none though. :D

Isn't that picture like sacralige (or how ever you spell it)? I got crap for even mentioning duallys. Notice the wrists?

Dean B)

post-559-1214862505_thumb.jpg

Alright Sailor, I just got a reason to pull out my SLE's.

Now, bend over for your whipping. <grin>

No, seriously, whatever works for you... But I've got to say that the ergodynamics and leverage of this hand position is not as efficient as the "A" position, for any maneuver with the kite... Slides or whatever... My hands go almost straight vertical on straight up/down controlled flight stuff, but stay in the "A" 90% of the time otherwise.

Big disclaimer here... I only comment based on my experience and developed theories... I fully respect anyone's preferences and style.

As for Dean... OMG, what a photo. :blink: