Australia

mike_fnq

Thanks for the replies guys!

Stephen: Been to busy flyin to take pics but will try to remember the camera when we head out later today...

Gary/ALL: consider the invitation extended!

John: Mackay is pretty close (by Aussie standards) around 740km (460mi) to the South of us

Bob: :)B)

finally got some pics up...

pic 1 My B series being flown by Col's wife Veronica.

pic 2 It's hard to fly with precision, balancing a sonic on your head! :-)

pic 3 Col's "raspberry" sonic and My B-series back to back

It's a great site at low tide we do feel compelled to keep a bit of an eye out for large pointy toothed handbags though

post-1758-1188316645_thumb.jpg

post-1758-1188316674_thumb.jpg

post-1758-1188316703_thumb.jpg

finally got some pics up...

pic 1 My B series being flown by Col's wife Veronica.

pic 2 It's hard to fly with precision, balancing a sonic on your head! :-)

pic 3 Col's "raspberry" sonic and My B-series back to back

It's a great site at low tide we do feel compelled to keep a bit of an eye out for large pointy toothed handbags though

Stunning location, I have turned an unfetching shade of green :kid_cussing:

That's got to be one of the best views from a flying site. Can anyone else compete?

• Like 1

Sweet pics. :)

You really get toothy monsters in that water?

Very rarely at that particular location but not unheard of, enough to make ya wary :blink:

from local paper....

http

://www.newsphotos.com.au/mastheadhome....&DocType=4

The pic in the link was taken @ centenial lakes a park a few min from the CBD.

• 2 years later...

Very rarely at that particular location but not unheard of, enough to make ya wary :blink:

from local paper....

http

://www.newsphotos.com.au/mastheadhome....&DocType=4

The pic in the link was taken @ centenial lakes a park a few min from the CBD.

Hi,

I am emmigrating to Sydney in November and was wondering is there any rev flyers in Sydney and if so where do you fly. I will be in the San souci / ramsgate area.

Cheers

Andy

Hi,

I am emmigrating to Sydney in November and was wondering is there any rev flyers in Sydney and if so where do you fly. I will be in the San souci / ramsgate area.

Cheers

Andy

Andy ..

I'm off down to Sydney for a month in a few weeks and have been trying to find local flyers to hook up with ... I'm currently waiting for a response from a sydney based club who have a few sites listed on their website .... I will let you know how I get on!

Jonesey

• Like 1

Hey Mike,

There are a number of Rev flyers all over Aust. Small pockets of flyers everywhere. There are a few people that I know that fly Revs in FNQ some where (they auctally did some night flying with lights on the kites and some profesional camera, some awsome photo's). Most of the Aussie flyers are also big buggiers etc as well. We do have a forums that they mainly visit.

Andy and Jonesy,

There are some guys in Sydney that fly revs. I know of at least one person in the Hunter Valley that has a 2.4 Blast.

There is also a good number of flyers in Melbourne but again the revs come out when the wind is light and the buggying is a little boring. I know of 2 people in Hobart that fly revs (badly) and there are a couple that have revs in South Aust but dont know where they fly.

• 7 months later...

Hey Dave,

Not really sure if there are many down your way. If you keep an eye out in the EK forums, you will see that here are oftan trips that the buggiers make from ACT and a lot of the sydney guys head to 7 mile beach. I think a couple of thoes guys fly the revs as well but they will be wanting good wind so they can go fast. Have not looked at where Narellan is until today, wow you are a long way inland.

The other option you can try is the AKS. Looks like they have regular fly days at Tania Park, Rooty Hill, Shoalhaven and Orange. Dont know what the closer ones are to you as I have not really looked that much. If they have any members that are flying rev's they should be able to let you know and where they are.

The final option is something that I have been trying to do. Talk your mates into learning to fly kites. :D

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all,

I've just started flying in Sydney, NSW - I got a Rev 1.5 SLE for Christmas after seeing a guy flying one next to the Washington Monument on a trip last November.

I have seen plenty of kites out and about but no other revs yet...

So far I've been flying in two main locations, Sydney Park when I'm at home (great in N/S winds, and with the planes landing/taking off nearby), and South Coogee when I'm at uni.

Any others out there in Sydney?

Cheers,

Stef

Hi all,

I've just started flying in Sydney, NSW - I got a Rev 1.5 SLE for Christmas after seeing a guy flying one next to the Washington Monument on a trip last November.

I have seen plenty of kites out and about but no other revs yet...

So far I've been flying in two main locations, Sydney Park when I'm at home (great in N/S winds, and with the planes landing/taking off nearby), and South Coogee when I'm at uni.

Any others out there in Sydney?

Cheers,

Stef

Hi Stef,

I'm wondering if I was the guy you saw at the monument. I don't recall talking to any Aussies, but maybe we did not talk. Was it a first Sunday of the month or another day. I try to get down in the mornings on a Sunday at the monument periodically.

Welcome to the Dark side, and have fun!

Adam

Hi Stef,

I'm wondering if I was the guy you saw at the monument. I don't recall talking to any Aussies, but maybe we did not talk. Was it a first Sunday of the month or another day. I try to get down in the mornings on a Sunday at the monument periodically.

Welcome to the Dark side, and have fun!

Adam

It would have been Sunday morning the 13th of November, there was some sort of running race on that morning. I didn't stop to talk because we were only there for a day really, and I had to make absolutely sure we made it to the Air and Space Museum. I just gaped for a few moments at the awesomeness of it, made a mental note of the "Revolution" logo and kept on walking. I think the sail was mostly (partly?) white/light with maybe blue or green accents (but don't trust my memory here). Definitely wasn't one of the power/speed kites and I don't think it was vented.

If it was you, then thank you very much for inadvertently being my introduction to this wonderful world up in the air :D

Seriously, I now have a strong urge to go down to Canberra (our capital) and see if they'll let me fly around our Parliament House or some of the other official buildings/memorials there.

And to Michael, thanks for the welcome to the forum :)

It would have been Sunday morning the 13th of November, there was some sort of running race on that morning. I didn't stop to talk because we were only there for a day really, and I had to make absolutely sure we made it to the Air and Space Museum. I just gaped for a few moments at the awesomeness of it, made a mental note of the "Revolution" logo and kept on walking. I think the sail was mostly (partly?) white/light with maybe blue or green accents (but don't trust my memory here). Definitely wasn't one of the power/speed kites and I don't think it was vented.

If it was you, then thank you very much for inadvertently being my introduction to this wonderful world up in the air :D

Seriously, I now have a strong urge to go down to Canberra (our capital) and see if they'll let me fly around our Parliament House or some of the other official buildings/memorials there.

And to Michael, thanks for the welcome to the forum :)

I was definately there that morning from 9AM until a little after noon. I'm glad you enjoyed my flying, and have gotten hooked. Good luck, and have fun!