Wildwood Int'l Kite Festival '09

Very interesting video there and a lot of familiar faces.

I'm really excited for Wildwood too because that's a 3-day weekend for me :)

Has anybody signed up for the banquet yet? I keep forgetting to send in my form and money. I'm excited about the super hero theme. THe banquet is always fun, Beatrix does a really nice job with everything.

Thought about it many times, but we're still lax on the registration. Need to get it done soon, though!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nineteen seconds,

I know because Cath Shook and I discussed her complete dismantling of the other Quad-heads in this event @ Ocean City.

she was feeling pretty cocky until I asked her about the actual numbers. She said 23 seconds,.... That ain't gonna' show-up Antman. I was crushed last time, looked like a blind squirrel in front of a semi tractor. Disqualified after two minutes, O-U-C-H!!!

nineteen seconds,

I know because Cath Shook and I discussed her complete dismantling of the other Quad-heads in this event @ Ocean City.

she was feeling pretty cocky until I asked her about the actual numbers. She said 23 seconds,.... That ain't gonna' show-up Antman. I was crushed last time, looked like a blind squirrel in front of a semi tractor. Disqualified after two minutes, O-U-C-H!!!

As to Rev Games at Wildwood, look for an improved (I hope) version. I want to keep things fresh and interesting (and fast), so we'll be changing things up a bit....hint - anybody watch "Ninja Warrior"? Some elements of the skills challenge you know, some you may not...not to be too mysterious about it. ;)

And, yes, Cath was very psyched that she beat Scotty blindfolded at MIKE. How many people can say THAT?! :clap;

that blindfold try was pure luck .. i amazed me .. im sure i could,nt do it again

DUDE!!! No, no, no....that was ALLLL skill....right? ;) Now never play that game again so nobody can prove you wrong. heh! ;):devil:

nineteen seconds,

It's all in the coaching... ;):lol::P !!! Way to go Cath :clap; !

Paul, I think I've DQ'd 3 times now with that little blindfold !!! At least I'm consistant.... lol :lol: .

After the last gathering I attended at Belmar, I found that sand wedged between my race rods and the end caps, causing deep scratches when I pulled them apart. I found this thread, http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=598 and purchased some of the tubing recommended in this thread. The photo in that thread shows how the tubing is stretched over the end cap. I found that my rods had a .060" gap in the caps where large sand grains could fit. With the 5/16" ID tubing, I am left with a .025" gap. I presume that this will prevent the larger grains from getting in, while the smaller grains probably don't cause harm. I haven't flown since getting the tubing, so I don't know how well it works. According to the above thread, Wildwood has finer sand than Belmar, so I don't know if it provides any benefit there.

My reason for posting this here is that I purchased the minimum of 10 feet despite needing less than 1 foot (4 x ½ to ¾" per Rev). If anyone attending the Wildwood festival wants any for their Revs, see me there and I can share the extra.

After the last gathering I attended at Belmar, I found that sand wedged between my race rods and the end caps, causing deep scratches when I pulled them apart. I found this thread, http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=598 and purchased some of the tubing recommended in this thread. The photo in that thread shows how the tubing is stretched over the end cap. I found that my rods had a .060" gap in the caps where large sand grains could fit. With the 5/16" ID tubing, I am left with a .025" gap. I presume that this will prevent the larger grains from getting in, while the smaller grains probably don't cause harm. I haven't flown since getting the tubing, so I don't know how well it works. According to the above thread, Wildwood has finer sand than Belmar, so I don't know if it provides any benefit there.

My reason for posting this here is that I purchased the minimum of 10 feet despite needing less than 1 foot (4 x ½ to ¾" per Rev). If anyone attending the Wildwood festival wants any for their Revs, see me there and I can share the extra.

Hi Wayne-

I might borrow a couple little pieces. It's odd, but I always have a problem with my purple B's down spar bottoms ... and no other kite! Deep scratches.... I have no wrap lines left! It's ground down past it. It's not an issue other than the fact that I have a difficult time (and usually need a stronger hand) to remove the cap.

Are you going to attend Belmar's festival?

See you soon!

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind a few pieces if you have extra to spare, Wayne. I know exactly what you're talking about. My race rods have some nice scratches on them as well. :/

Living and flying in this concrete cement jungle, I've taken to electrical tape as my best friend. I've been wrapping the ends of my rods with some tape to protect the rods. It also provides a cheap, easy (but time consuming seal) around the caps and rods.

Laura, Bob, Carolyn, (& anyone else while my supply lasts)

You are all welcome to have some. I do not expect to be available the weekend of the Belmar festival, so I will provide the tubing at Wildwood.

Bummer :sq-sad: , Wayne, was hoping you'd spend at least one day with the crew.

See you in the Woods!

Living and flying in this concrete cement jungle, I've taken to electrical tape as my best friend. I've been wrapping the ends of my rods with some tape to protect the rods. It also provides a cheap, easy (but time consuming seal) around the caps and rods.

Bob just so you know while that seems like a great idea the residual glue left over actually attracts MORE sand and debris later on, Best to go with some kind of tubing that doesn't involve any adhesive.

With Time short,

Roll call:

Mega grid pattern session? who's in?

I received some paperwork from FELIX Mottram for the grid pattern. who's willing to try?

Roll Call: :blushing: don't be shy NOW!

LET'S ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!