Revolution Event 2008

Felix

I've just looked at the geometry and I think to get the interlock we would be looking at 5 x 8 kite rings, each interlock is about a quarter of a ring and would require 2 kites for each ring to offer sufficient definition.

I have just drawn 40 kites with the overlap as face to face. The overlap would not be very well defined but I suspect that the intention would be clear.

At this stage I suspect that this would be sufficient.

Does anyone have any further image details of the current "Blue Peter' logo. We will be able to do '50' at Bristol but I wondered if we could do something more specific?

Thanks

Felix

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's four years away but we could take the grid to Hackney Marsh in time for the London Olympics :)

So we could have units of 10 x 10 fliers all the way up the marshes. (OK 6 x 10 then!)

That could be a couple of thousand fliers...

The sky 'is the limit'. <grins>

Felix

Does anyone have any further image details of the current "Blue Peter' logo. We will be able to do '50' at Bristol but I wondered if we could do something more specific?

Thanks

Felix

Instead of the framed 20 last weekend, we could frame a capital B and P and then morph that to a 5 and 0

...ooh isn't this fun?

I have just drawn 40 kites with the overlap as face to face. The overlap would not be very well defined but I suspect that the intention would be clear.

The next step up in resolution would be 5 x 12 (3 kites, per ring, per overlap) but at that resolution we would not only be running out of pilots, we would be running out of sky.

<snip>

50th Anniversary of the show. They will be on site on Sunday and flying kites including, I believe, Rokakku kites with the logo!

If the shield is still used I guess we could take that as the frame and do something with the 'ship'.

Felix

I don't think I have a muscle that isn't aching!

how's the laughter muscle doing ? ;)

great fun all round.

Starting to buzz now I have 'recovered' (best long weekend ever!)

"The only way is UP!" :blue-love:

P.S. lovin' the Olympic ring idea.

Bristol

Ok moving to next weekend for those involved on Friday & Sunday at the moment the wind is looking marginal :kid_devlish:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=4042

As in 1 mph Friday & 2mph Sunday according to the weather witch.

Who has 120ft 50lbs line sets?

Suggest we plan to do as much MEGA as possible on the Saturday. "Normal" Team flying should be OK with 2mph on Sunday.

50th Anniversary of the show. They will be on site on Sunday and flying kites including, I believe, Rokakku kites with the logo!

If the shield is still used I guess we could take that as the frame and do something with the 'ship'.

Felix

Nice :)

Re: Olympic Rings

I have produced a drawing of a 12 kite ring overlap and have scanned it, I don't think it will post on the forum so will email you a copy.

Unfortunately I think we were right to fit the overlaps in the balls will have to be so big we would run out of sky.

See for your self e-mail to follow.

iQuad has 120' x 50# team sets, and 60' x 90# sets as well. <grin>

I smell a team 360 coming on!

Hi John, lets not worry abut that.

No doubt Chris Goff will be there and he is younger than both of us so we can throw him in the arena for a few hours and he can run round like a mad thing :kid_devlish:

BTW talking of young things...post-1801-1219782188_thumb.jpg

@ groz - Can't wait to see the full video - is it ready yet? ;)

Yes, the video is 100% ready. All I need to do though is re-order the video clips, swap a few bits of audio around, add some transitions, add some text overlays, do some colour correction, clean up the audio levels, render, create the DVD menu images, segment for DVD tracks, compress, then re-ingest at full HD 1080i, conform, re-render, and publish. Should take about 4 weeks. Any good? :D

Bristol

Ok moving to next weekend for those involved on Friday & Sunday at the moment the wind is looking marginal :kid_devlish:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=4042

As in 1 mph Friday & 2mph Sunday according to the weather witch.

Who has 120ft 50lbs line sets?

Suggest we plan to do as much MEGA as possible on the Saturday. "Normal" Team flying should be OK with 2mph on Sunday.

Thanks Simon for the update. I always reckon on doing as much as is possible on the day anyway. Thursday is Press Call at 2:30 pm on the Downs.

Nothing formal is planned for Friday as far as I am aware.

On Saturday we should go for it, without hesitation, if you get my meaning! If there is any breeze on Sunday that would be a bonus.

While not wanting to spell it out, should we 'prioritise' the Grid Mega Team? The 'facing up' hover is the benchmark.

After Portsmouth I would like to be involved in any opportunity to take the Grid Mega Team forward and would forgo other options. We know that the normal format teams should be able to perform in still air.

Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks

Felix

Yes, the video is 100% ready. All I need to do though is re-order the video clips, swap a few bits of audio around, add some transitions, add some text overlays, do some colour correction, clean up the audio levels, render, create the DVD menu images, segment for DVD tracks, compress, then re-ingest at full HD 1080i, conform, re-render, and publish. Should take about 4 weeks. Any good? :D

Groz,

In your own time please and DO NOT accept any pressure to do otherwise!

Best wishes

Felix

Groz,

In your own time please and DO NOT accept any pressure to do otherwise!

Best wishes

Felix

Thanks Felix, but a bit of friendly pressure will keep me motivated to get this done! But right now need sleep - 5 days of wind exposure to sleep off...

Cheers

G

Thanks Felix, but a bit of friendly pressure will keep me motivated to get this done! But right now need sleep - 5 days of wind exposure to sleep off...

Cheers

G

Tomorrow then?

Sleep well. We need to have material for press etc. on Thursday at 2:30pm... Clifton Downs... <grins>

Is that friendly enough?

Best wishes

Felix

Hi All

Thanks for a great weekend, best weekend I have had for ages.

Would esp like to thank Joe H and I Quad for Showing my wife (Kate), Why I abandon her.

Not going to get any awaytime now thanks for that :P

Hoping to get unedited footage online soon.