rev lines

wufer

Question

Individual kite shops have the option to purchase their Rev's with or without supplied line. If Revolution supplies the line then it always Laser Pro Gold or Shanti line. The same high quality line that you would find individually packaged from Laser Pro and Shanti. The EXP is the only exception as it can sometimes be supplied with a sport grade line. Laser Pro Gold and Shanti Warp Speed will have no stretch. There may be some small amount of "creep" in the lines when they are new, that is natural and may need to be adjusted out. Once the "creep" has been worked out of your lines then this should cease to be. The heavier the wind you fly in the more "creep" you will get in your lines. If your lines have substantial amount of stretch in them all the time then I would have to think that they may not be Laser Pro Gold lines. Again if you have the EXP then you may have sport grade lines which are not the same as the Pro lines.

You will want to double check with your local shop because some shops will order their Revolutions without line and then supply their own. It is assumed that the shop will include the same high quality line but I have heard of some of the discount priced online shops giving a lower quality line claiming it is the same as the Rev supplied line when in reality is is a very poor quality line that is cheap for the shop so they can sell the kites for less.

Revolution performance can be greatly reduced on poor low quality lines. It is like putting plastic tires on a Nascar.

As everyone who flies will tell you, line is one of the most important factors for your kites and they way they perform. A seasoned kite flyer will insist on 100% spectra line for all of their performance kites. The best line you can purchase (in my opinion) is Laser Pro Gold or Shanti Warp Speed. I feel there are many who would strongly agree with me.

Hope this helps.

WOC.

Im not arguing with your statement but it dosnt coincide with what antman said.

He said he has tried genuine rev lines and thy are ok But thy have a lot of stretch.

Im only asking as my Uk on line shop has just started to sell rev lines and i want to clear things up

Otherwise its Laser pro gold for me.

Regards.

Derek.

I personally prefer Shanti. I have been using their lines since 1994. Line stretch is minimal. They stay round and don't flatten out like some other spectre lines. I have never had one break on me, only cut by a fighter kite. I am still using lines that are 13 years old and they don't look bad.

I have flown with Laser Pro, but I don't have any of my own. I have no negatives to say about them with the few times I have used them.

Wufer,

Both WOC and I are Rev dealers. What WOC said is correct. If the shop purchases lines from Revolution, then they are in fact Laser Pro Gold (mostly). I'm not sure what you mean by "Genuine Rev" lines though. At least here in the States, "Genuine Rev" lines ARE Laser Pro Gold. So the statement by WOC is correct.

If you have lines that came with your Rev, and are experiencing a lot of stretch, chances are those lines were NOT Laser Pro Gold and were in fact supplied by the dealer from some other company.

Is your local shop selling "Rev lines' that actually CAME from Revolution, or are they just selling a set of quad lines for use WITH Revolutions? Big difference!

Jim

mc,

Im not arguing about what WOC or yourself say but ,if you look at what antman said ( a lot of line stretch), and what WOC said ( no stretch) about LPG, it just confused me a bit.

To end my confusion ive ordered 90lbx85ft LPG from USA and not rev lines.

Regards.

Derek.

I purchased my first Rev last year in Lincoln City. 1.5 SLE. Flew it a few times on the lines supplied...thinking they were the lines that REV supplies.....I have since purchased a set of 100' LPG lines from Theresa at the Kite Shoppe. Definitely NOT the same thing.

The sleeves on the lines I received with the kite were black/black and white and red/ red and white. Don't think the winders (2) said anything on them about type of line. Would be interested if I got a bad deal....I really do not want to slow my curve due to things I don't know how to adjust. I'm willing and ready to learn but would like to focus on flying the kite....not adjusting it all the time.

Is this a realistic approach???

Also, due to lack of space to fly in....would lines in the 70' range hurt me as a newbie. I've got 85' (came with the kite) and the LPG 100'. I think if I had shorter lines while I'm learning I would not be as worried about taking out a kid, a large dog or perhaps a small family of 4.

I know this question has been beat to death....but would 3 wrap LE spars help me to learn by stabilizing the kite and allowing it to load up more. I'm flying with the SLE LE and it is STIFF. Ran into some pretty high winds the other day and was amazed at the difference in the kite when the wind would actually bend that thing into shape.

Thanks all,

:unsure::unsure:

P

I think the shape of the kite is all important. Not tried a SLE and from all accounts dont really want to try one. If you get a set of 2 3 and 4 wrap leading edges you are pretty much OK for almost any wind you can stand up in.

As for the lines, fly with what works for you or what you need. I use 50 ft sometimes, makes the kite "fast" up to 120 ft each different length makes the kite "different"

I fly with a 3 wrap LE. It handles perfectly for me. I also use 30 ft line (I used to have 60 ft, but for the life of me, I can't find them!), and I'm waiting for my step-dad to finally pay me, so I can get a 120 ft set from Theresa.

You wont regret it Skitch, you dont NEED the full set. Just a Leading Edge (3 spars) will do. Though if you make up full sets you will be right for any wind.

Not sure what the SLE carries as down spars, anyone know??

Dont go TOO short on the lines, the longest you can get away with I would say, gives you more "window" to fly in.

You wont regret it Skitch, you dont NEED the full set. Just a Leading Edge (3 spars) will do. Though if you make up full sets you will be right for any wind.

Not sure what the SLE carries as down spars, anyone know??

Dont go TOO short on the lines, the longest you can get away with I would say, gives you more "window" to fly in.

This is for as delivered from the Factory to the dealer:

Down spars are most often the 3 wrap labeled "ultra light" when the SLE is labeled "ultra light". In the case that the SLE has a "Revolution Equipped" label, then the down spars will be 4 wrap "Revolution Equipped". The latter can be found on some, maybe all(at least mine) vented REV 1.5 SLEs.

LOL, the only problem Baloo is that he has a 30 right now. So the only way to get 30 out of 60 is to cut it in half. But then again I have to remember you are from across the pond where you use Pounds... not dollars ;) Maybe there is a way to come up with 30 by taking 20 and 40 ;)

joshing of course :P

This is for as delivered from the Factory to the dealer:

Down spars are most often the 3 wrap labeled "ultra light" when the SLE is labeled "ultra light". In the case that the SLE has a "Revolution Equipped" label, then the down spars will be 4 wrap "Revolution Equipped". The latter can be found on some, maybe all(at least mine) vented REV 1.5 SLEs.

Yep, that's what I've got...pulled them out tonight to clean and check. Ultra light down spars with the SLE.

Thanks again guys......

QK I was saying it would have been better to make 20 and 40, oh blow it you know what I mean!!

And you are only jealous cuz we use proper measurements and stuff.

Of course if they are stretchy lines you could stretch them out a bit.

Or maybe cut a 30 down to 20 and tie the cut off bit onto a 30 to make a 40.

Now I am evn confusing myself, what were we talking about??

Just for the record, I didn't cut my lines. I bought a 30ft set from the Kite Shoppe, and lost my old 60ft set.

I like that whole "and stuff" part in that post Baloo. It definately shows how much more sefisticated you are.

Well we on this side of the pond like to give a good example so that others can become more sophisticated. Makes folks aspire dontchaknow.

hope you find your 60's soon, and you will love the 120's you get such a BIG window to fly in. Biggiest problem I have found is that walk of shame is a long one. I need Quad Sticks front and back!!