Revolution Event 2008

Felix

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be interesting to see what the other "teams" are flying?

Will the Decs have some nice new skins for 2008?

Our 1.0 and 1.5 sails are from 1998/9 I think. A 'quality product' I would say but I think we would benefit from some new sails <grins>

All being well we will have something new in time for Portsmouth/Bristol...

Felix

As the summer is getting closer and the festival season kicks off I thought it would be helpful to post some of the moves that we may fly at the Bristol/Portsmouth events.

This is very much a work in progress (it's a Power Point 2003 file) and Felix has already given me some great feedback and some suggestions. However, Valencia and Berck will prove a great opportunity to work out some bugs and add some moves. So attached is my starter for 10. Many of the moves are already included in the Team Manual that has been put elsewhere on this forum and we should all try and know these moves as well.

So for anyone going to Valencia or Berck, please have a look and either add moves or let me know if you have any suggestions and we will fly them next week. For anyone not lucky enough to be going to Spain and France's premier festivals, have a play with these and let me know if you think the diagrams are understandable and if you think the moves will be easy/hard in a mega team environment.

I am especially interested in the opinion of those for whom English is a second language.

Many thanks

AnniversaryMegaMoves.ppt

As the summer is getting closer and the festival season kicks off I thought it would be helpful to post some of the moves that we may fly at the Bristol/Portsmouth events.

<snip>

Stephen,

Thank you for posting this.

I think that it is clear that we need to think in terms of 'setting up' the fliers initially, how we can fly in 'parallel' and then how we set up the 'grid'. I think that it will be very important that all the fliers understand these three distinctive elements and the transitions involved. We also need to be able to reverse the process in an orderly manner <grins>

One of the best 'exercises' (this is not practice) I have seen is when the fliers are told to free fly for a short time and then told to go back to position.

Valencia and Berck will provide an opportunity to explore the possibilities.

Felix

Stephen,

Thank you very much for letting us know how the routine looks like at this very starting point, we were all full of insane curiosity :sly: .... to know what was cooking in the oven.

I think there is no problem understanding the maneuvres drawn in the powerpoint. Good work. I'll share this with the Team and try to feedback later this week.

We're all really excited to start working on this project :w00t: . Thank's God next friday is nearly here! By the way, we'll arrive Valencia around friday's midnight but still hope to meet somebody at the bar :P .

Stephen,

Thank you very much for letting us know how the routine looks like at this very starting point, we were all full of insane curiosity :sly: .... to know what was cooking in the oven.

I think there is no problem understanding the maneuvres drawn in the powerpoint. Good work. I'll share this with the Team and try to feedback later this week.

We're all really excited to start working on this project :w00t: . Thank's God next friday is nearly here! By the way, we'll arrive Valencia around friday's midnight but still hope to meet somebody at the bar :P .

Not sure if I'll be at the Bar at that time!

I have just updated the list for Portsmouth/Bristol as attached!

Felix

Attachment updated 21/04/2008

Thats "Chimpinese" for the scholars

:D

We figured out over the weekend some interesting possibilities for two 25 person teams in parallel.

This is not monkeys and typewriters just a severe case of synchronised swimming (in air of course) <grins>

I am sure that more will follow soon.

Felix

Stephen,

Hi Giuseppe,

It was great to meet you at Valencia and I very much hope that you now know the outline of the project. It is very difficult to describe until it is seen in action. On Sunday we saw what could happen!

Stephen is putting together some 'notes' for Berck.

We will be there the second weekend.

Best wishes

Felix

Hi Felix,

We are still trying to "organize" all the feelings that we met in Valencia, a lot of staff to digest. We enjoyed every second and, the best, we are delighted for the moments still to come shortly. It is a honour to take part in this early "beta test" of the routine and we hope we can contribute with all of our efforts.

Let's see if we can fly together more time in Berck and work on the routine. We'll be there from thursday 10 to sunday 13.

It was a pleasure to share the sky with all of you FS & Decs.

regards

Hi Felix,

We are still trying to "organize" all the feelings that we met in Valencia, a lot of staff to digest. We enjoyed every second and, the best, we are delighted for the moments still to come shortly. It is a honour to take part in this early "beta test" of the routine and we hope we can contribute with all of our efforts.

Let's see if we can fly together more time in Berck and work on the routine. We'll be there from thursday 10 to sunday 13.

It was a pleasure to share the sky with all of you FS & Decs.

regards

Hi Giuseppe,

We will arrive in Berck on the afternoon of the 11th, all being well.

I am sure that Stephen will have had time to make more plans based on what was learnt at Valencia.

It was great to see the project started at a practical level and also how well everyone adapted to the different configuration of the fliers.

Best wishes

Felix

Hi all,

Here you have some pictures of this first event in Valencia. There are a couple of them of the megateam, where you can figure out the arrangements of the fliers and the big wall of kites.

http://picasaweb.google.es/linuxatp/FestivalValencia2008

www.bolau.org ==> Album de Fotos ==> Valencia 08

Talking about the routine, it would be helpful to have the names of the movements that we made. We could recognize them better next time.

Regards

Hi all,

Here you have some pictures of this first event in Valencia. There are a couple of them of the megateam, where you can figure out the arrangements of the fliers and the big wall of kites.

http://picasaweb.google.es/linuxatp/FestivalValencia2008

www.bolau.org ==> Album de Fotos ==> Valencia 08

Talking about the routine, it would be helpful to have the names of the movements that we made. We could recognize them better next time.

Regards

I could see the images of the 12 fliers. Thanks for those!

Has anyone got images of the 20 fliers on Sunday? There may be some video as well!

Felix

Leaving for Berck tomorrow morning.

We will stay there 4 days. Hope to fly a lot of time together with Flying squad, Flic, Crazy drivers and others to practise the megateamfigures !!

Bye all

Marc/Madquad (Team Time Out)

Leaving for Berck tomorrow morning.

We will stay there 4 days. Hope to fly a lot of time together with Flying squad, Flic, Crazy drivers and others to practise the megateamfigures !!

Bye all

Marc/Madquad (Team Time Out)

Hi Marc,

I am sure that you will be able to help in deciding on the 'megateamfigures'.

I hope you have a great time in Berck. See you later in the year.

Best wishes

Felix

Hi Felix,

Thanks, we'll do our best.

And sure we will meet this year

Bristol here we come

Bye

Marc

Hi Marc,

Was there snow on the beach today?

We remember Berck many years ago and the warmth of tha Albertross later!

Felix

Hi,

We have just received these pictures from a good friend.

The MegaTeam Matrix can be seen here.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7232/fe...cia08264ru1.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4369/fe...cia08265rw3.jpg

Regards

Hi Giuseppe,

So that was the 'easy' bit! We just need to add another row to make it 25 and have another set to the side to make 50.

I am very much looking forward to this next weekend in Berck to see how Stephen and the others have developed the 'routine'.

I will be at Uchinada at the beginning of May and understand from JB that there will be over 50 fliers. The language situation is obviously different there so we may have the opportunity to 'develop' the 'colour' row and 'number' column idea.

Thanks again for the images!

Felix