Masterpiece Challenge Winner Take All

beach

Alden, I believe (correct me if I am wrong Ben) that if you were to bid 5000 on kite A, and I was to bid 5001 on kite B, then YOU would own kite A and I would own kite B - but artist B would get all the cash (that is if someone else doesn't out bid either one of us).

The artist that gets the highest bid on his/her masterpiece wins the grand cash prize, each highest bidder on the kites win the kite they were highest bidder on.

That is the way I understand it too. That's why it would be a big gamble to try to rig the bidding unless of course you wanted to pay $5000 for the one kite. I am sure it would make the winning kitebuilder very happy!

-Alden

Yea, bidding against Ben is tough!!!

Ben doesn't have to bid, he's getting 8 free kites out of this deal so far, unless other artists jump in with their 2 kites, actually, Ben would have to bid and win 1 kite to have the complete collection, that kite being the duplicate of the kite that is choosen by the top artist that goes to AKA, but that would be kinda like inside trading.

Are you sure these artists are going to make 2 each? I sure would have been more eager to jump in on the bidding if it was One-Off kites being made for this challenge.

Yes, as long as there were two crazy people out there willing to give up what they bid, the contest should be fine. If the bids were published then someone could just wait for a few minutes before the cut off to bid. Again, as long as someone else was willing to keep others in check by also bidding a crazy amount, everything would be fine.

My recommendation would be to keep bids private. This would also stop someone from out bidding the last person by $1.00. Hiding the amount of the bid means that the person willing to pay the highest, honest amount, wins (not the highest by $1).

I'm certainly not promoting it and I'd hope everything works out fine. I certainly don't have skin in this game so it's just my 2 cents.

All the players are above board thats why I choose them and there friends are my friends....Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

One off or Two off, they are still limited production and will be available at no other time. The rarity honstley is not any different being 1 or 2 made ever..

It's not like a pro pattern kite anyone will be able to copy at a later time. These are artists creating something randomly out of thier own minds. They will be 100% new and original, can't get any more rare or special than that..

Is this an invitation-only event, or may any artist who can create a masterpiece (in Bazzer's opinion?) participate?

I'm sorry but this is by invite only and Bazzer is just one of the artists as well as being one of my great friend,

heck all these guys and gals are my great friends..... If you would like to talk about doing a Masterpiece series

I'm always open and looking for new talent and can be reached in private at [email protected]... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Is this an invitation-only event, or may any artist who can create a masterpiece (in Bazzer's opinion?) participate?

I'm sorry but this is by invite only and Bazzer is just one of the artists as well as being one of my great friend,

heck all these guys and gals are my great friends..... If you would like to talk about doing a Masterpiece series

I'm always open and looking for new talent and can be reached in private at [email protected]... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

I'll send you a photo when I'm done.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know about anyone else, but I have started a personal fund so I can snag one of these masterpiece kites......

It is gonna get real expensive, real fast!!!! :sign_kitelife:

But it's going to be fun...... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

• 1 month later...

Well as the kites are coming in it's driving me crazy wacko.gif, cause I can't share whats going on and from what I've seen

so far there are some really cool kites here.... This has really made some folks step up to the plate and bring out

there A-game, wow,wow,wow, is all I can say...... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Well as the kites are coming in it's driving me crazy wacko.gif, cause I can't share whats going on and from what I've seen

so far there are some really cool kites here.... This has really made some folks step up to the plate and bring out

there A-game, wow,wow,wow, is all I can say...... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

I would drop by, however I am sure you wouldn't let me in at this time.

Have fun drooling!

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Family and sorry about lagging a bit here but between flying kites and the gun show I'm

running a bit late.....kid_devlish.gifBecause of the finish work being done on these BEAUTIFUL kites and

wanting to spread them out a bit I will be posting these photos as they come in to the factory

from the finishers.....blue_cool.gifThis artist is kind of new to the "Masterpiece Series" but has really

brought out his "A" game, let me introduce Mr. Kevin Bayless who hails from Utah and is is fact

the muscle for the "Antelope Island Kite Festival"...... When Kevin sent this in to me I was just

floored and my photos are not really doing this wonderful work of art justice...... Heck I even

gave this kite a name and started to call it "Outside the Lines", also in the next few days I will

get more info on Kevin and a photos of him so you can connect a face to the work and if I'm

good he may even do a write up on it..... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

post-35-13424533599859_thumb.jpg

post-35-13424533717957_thumb.jpg

post-35-1342453390329_thumb.jpg

post-35-13424534071405_thumb.jpg

post-35-13424534234374_thumb.jpg

.blue_cool.gifThis artist is kind of new to the "Masterpiece Series" but has really

brought out his "A" game, let me introduce Mr. Kevin Bayless who hails from Utah and is is fact

the muscle for the "Antelope Island Kite Festival"......

SLACKER!!!!! ;~)!!!!!!!

kid_loved.gifinnocent.giflaugh.gif

Cya in a bunch of weeks!!!!!