Wildwood Int'l Kite Festival '09

Hi Felix-

I would love to be a part of that!!! Let's see what happens... I'm a "definite maybe" for now ;) !!!

27 July-12 Aug 2012 is the main event, 29 Aug-9 Sept 2012 is the Paralympic Games.

I wonder if we could get someone to put together a 'proposal' in the light of these dates. Obviously doing an event simultaneously would be 'very' expensive.

I think that I might start some investigations and may also set up a new thread but I am making no promises! <grins>

In the meantime, what about Berck 2010?

Felix

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW,

What can I say, I've been sick with a cold since Tuesday, I can't move, I'm wornnn out. progress not perfection.

Thanks for all the fun LEARNING and un doing mega wraps. It' seems I have been fatally attracted to mega twists/wraps for the last few weeks,

definition of Humiliation, "being humbled against your will", great quote, I heard at the Wood, very fitting for me!

I take nothing but Positive from the experience, and I know frustration is the key part of learning patient.

If your not breaking kites your not flying em. I used to say that when I was given the nickname "SPLINTA" (Rhode Island accent)

We did some grid, and that's a start! we included just about everyone, all at once, lesson learned. "less is more"

I think everyone has some new experience to take to the next gathering.

I'd be willing to bet that half the flyers there have never flown with that many people before! chime in if I'm wrong. we certainly didn't set any records for numbers but I know many had their personal biggest team number set.

That for me was a very memorable Wildwood and I've been to a few. with some great highlites over the years.

NEXT YEAR WILL BE the 25th so it will be a bigger better , Everyone Ready?

THANKS TO ALL,

FELIX,

We have to find a way to get the father of the grid to make the 25th a special one. (grins)

Decorators

Iquad

just for starters!!!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

WOW,

<snip>

THANKS TO ALL,

FELIX,

We have to find a way to get the father of the grid to make the 25th a special one. (grins)

Decorators

Iquad

just for starters!!!! :huh::huh::huh:

Hi Scott,

I had sent a PM just before your post arrived.

Sounds like you had fun.

I would be delighted if we could get to Wildwood next year.

Please see my comments regarding Berck 2010 and UK 2012.

Felix

WOW,

What can I say, I've been sick with a cold since Tuesday, I can't move, I'm wornnn out. progress not perfection.

Thanks for all the fun LEARNING and un doing mega wraps. It' seems I have been fatally attracted to mega twists/wraps for the last few weeks,

definition of Humiliation, "being humbled against your will", great quote, I heard at the Wood, very fitting for me!

I take nothing but Positive from the experience, and I know frustration is the key part of learning patient.

If your not breaking kites your not flying em. I used to say that when I was given the nickname "SPLINTA" (Rhode Island accent)

We did some grid, and that's a start! we included just about everyone, all at once, lesson learned. "less is more"

I think everyone has some new experience to take to the next gathering.

I'd be willing to bet that half the flyers there have never flown with that many people before! chime in if I'm wrong. we certainly didn't set any records for numbers but I know many had their personal biggest team number set.

That for me was a very memorable Wildwood and I've been to a few. with some great highlites over the years.

NEXT YEAR WILL BE the 25th so it will be a bigger better , Everyone Ready?

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Although not every mega fly went perfectly, every one in which I participated was a blast to do. :clap; It is not as easy to tell when I am having a great time as it is with Laura and her wonderfully hearty laughs. :ani_yahoo: I set personal records for team flying, learning, and fun; and those are the only records I care about. You and Jay were major factors in my positive experience so my appreciation goes out to you for this. I am psyched for #25.

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Although not every mega fly went perfectly, every one in which I participated was a blast to do. :clap; It is not as easy to tell when I am having a great time as it is with Laura and her wonderfully hearty laughs. :ani_yahoo: I set personal records for team flying, learning, and fun; and those are the only records I care about. You and Jay were major factors in my positive experience so my appreciation goes out to you for this. I am psyched for #25.

Hi Wayne-

It sure was a blast! You did great. Every time we fly, we gain some skills. Having master flyers with their years of experience helps to point out those little things which helps us become more proficient pilots. What a great combo for this long weekend! Everyone gained from the experience; that's all that matters.... after having tons of fun, of course... which I know I DID!!!2.gif2.gif

See you soon...

WOW, What can I say, I've been sick with a cold since Tuesday, I can't move, I'm wornnn out. progress not perfection.

So sorry to hear that you've been sick, but not surprised at all as I know how hard you worked your ass off this past weekend!!! Something tells me that work will show when we all participate in next year's 25th Anniversary Megafly! ;D

Be Kind to Yourself this week and fly soon!

Found some photos on another website.

Here's one of AdventureAng: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreed3/356792...57618757351713/

That giant windsock: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreed3/356440...57618797259442/

And a nice photoset of all those non-rev kites :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreed3/sets/72157618797259442/

Enjoy!

What a fun weekend!

The Wildwood winds were incredible, four straight days of flying with hardly any downtime!

It was wonderful to see everybody and I had a great time.

I posted a couple pictures in the members gallery. I didn't have many, that just means I did a lot of flying.

-Alden

And you get the credit for taking the ones of Antman!

I'll post one more in a moment.

Maybe so, but it seems you were in part the mastermind to that evil plan! :lol:

Check out this really nice blog report someone did on the Rev Flying. Maybe we'll see him join the forum someday!

http://theshadowshop.blogspot.com/2009/05/...e-festival.html

Great pics, Jeff!!! It's very to cool to see what was going on with the rest of the festival! :clap; I must spend more time on the Big Kites next year...

FINALLY, have my gallery up now. Plenty of Rev pics for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?au...si&img=3326

Do you have any idea who had the REV I with a black center, black logo and red tips? That is a new one for me, though old.

Do you have any idea who had the REV I with a black center, black logo and red tips? That is a new one for me, though old.

Actually, if memory serves, that's a red logo on a black center. The woman who had it was flying next to me at one point on Saturday, and I believe her name was Vickie...but I know nothing more to help you!

Hi John,

Thw owners name is Vicky from Ohio.She has a long history of dual team flying(air circus I think) about 20 years ago.Hopefully this will help.

Thw owners name is Vicky from Ohio.She has a long history of dual team flying(air circus I think) about 20 years ago.Hopefully this will help.

Thanks for the info Brad. I had Noooo idea who it belonged to (or what her name was for that matter). That certainly was a pretty Rev. I loved the color combination!

Thanks to Everyone for their pics as well!!! As we get our galleries up, we get a more complete view of the festival as whole. It's neat to see stuff that you might have missed or wanted to get a better look at! YAY! :clap; There just aren't enough hours in the day to see and do everything.

Vicki Romanoff

team flyer from Ohio area, also an individual REV FLYER from way back. Herself and Robyn Gardner drove the 600 miles or so to revisit the WOOD, here is a link to Rick Gardners, recent empty places in Kitelife. The part of a great group of team flyer/ KITERS from the midwest. Al Hargus, Vern Balodis, JOHN Baressi

http://www.kitelife.com/magazine/issue58/e...r58/content.php

TRANSMISSION UPDATE: (for those who were wondering)

We finally got the van back yesterday. After they rebuilt the transmission the first time, they drove it and it wasn't shifting right and sure enough, it messed up again. When they rebuilt it the second time (at their expense this time) They found the problem....a little tiny cap that regulates the pressure....in true Melanie style, they had NEVER seen this go wrong with a transmission in over 15 yrs of working on them!!! I really should start buying lottery tickets!!!!

TRANSMISSION UPDATE: (for those who were wondering)

We finally got the van back yesterday. After they rebuilt the transmission the first time, they drove it and it wasn't shifting right and sure enough, it messed up again. When they rebuilt it the second time (at their expense this time) They found the problem....a little tiny cap that regulates the pressure....in true Melanie style, they had NEVER seen this go wrong with a transmission in over 15 yrs of working on them!!! I really should start buying lottery tickets!!!!

Glad to hear it! Safe travels, ya'll. :)