Wildwood Int'l Kite Festival '09

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting in the Oceanic bar with Dennis Hawley, sipping a gin and tonic and waiting for tomorrow's wind and sun. Where are the rest of you people?!

Was that your manta rays I saw earlier tonight? :D

Wish I had my packing done...UGH!

John: We're gonna miss you guys this year!!! :(

Edited by Aerochic

Was that your manta rays I saw earlier tonight? :D

Nah, I got in too late to drag stuff out to the sand. Dennis had his mid-size ray up and Tom Zack had a mini ray up. There were also three rev flyers when I walked out there, but i'm not sure who!

Wow, I can't believe it, everyone heading to Wildwoods this weekend while me sitting at home reading all heading by ferry, by truck, by car and whatever for an exciting weekend.

Hopefully, one day I will get to go there to fly with you all as well. That is my dream one day.

Anyway, hope you all have a blast time, don't forget to snap more pictures.

Guess things will be quiet at the forum, I take charge from today till the weekend, hahhaha !!

Enjoy yourself guys !!!

cheers

chris

Hi Chris...

We would love to see you in Wildwood. It would definitely be worth the trip. It's not far from Atlantic City and tons of other good places to visit.

I'll bring a laptop and post some photos throughout the weekend for you!

Oh, there's also a webcam if you want to look in on us.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Chris...

We would love to see you in Wildwood. It would definitely be worth the trip. It's not far from Atlantic City and tons of other good places to visit.

I'll bring a laptop and post some photos throughout the weekend for you!

Oh, there's also a webcam if you want to look in on us.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Laura,

Yes, one day, maybe not this year, a good chance in future that I will popped up at Wildwoods I heard so much from the wonderful people here.

I have never been to US though I have travelled lots of times to England, central Europe and a few Scandinavian countries.

I will plan next trip to be in US esp during the 3rd week of May and from there fly off to Calgary, Canada to catch some time with a closed friend of mine, he has been calling too many times.

Yes, I have been to the web cam many many times, day & night, thought someone would be flying under the street lampost. Thank you. How convenient the technology of today where I am from Malaysia can view it, it still amaze me at times.

Yes, it will be great to see some of the pictures from Wildwoods, in fact dieing to see it, hahhahahha.

Here is my email in case you have the time, [email protected]. Much appreciated.

Send my regards to everyone esp Watty, have a good blast at Wildwoods, relax and enjoy.

cheers,

chris

Trailer's packed and hooked up. Nav system has WW put in, on my way tomorrow morning.

Mel and Scott, fingers crossed about the transmission.

JB, too serious? This group? Hah!

-Alden

Hi Alden,

Guess you are also ready for a blast this weekend at Wildwoods, drive safely and set up your Sat Nav on course to Wildwoods.

Have a great weekend.

cheers,

chris

what a ball i had today .. it was so great to see so many people .. i didnt do much flying because i had to meet up with some old pals.. tomorrow however its gonna be kites in the sky all day long .. stay tuned because this story gets way better

what a ball i had today .. it was so great to see so many people .. i didnt do much flying because i had to meet up with some old pals.. tomorrow however its gonna be kites in the sky all day long .. stay tuned because this story gets way better

somebody ask Antman about his new pink kite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got home from my festival,s over fly at my local field .. ui do it every year .. i will miss you all .. thank you all for comeing out to see how i live .. great winds and great beaches.. im so happy that in the past few years i have made so many new friends. espically iun the rev world. i have done every kind of kiting their is and by far the rev world is the best one to be in .i had a blast with you all and i wish you all a safe trip home .. see you soon

Awwwww Man, ~What~ a great time this past weekend!!! I am So Missing my Jersey Crew and Rev Family now that I'm home. :'( So many people to thank for So Many Kindnesses, So many people I am thankful to have finally met: Mel/Scott/Laurel, Sammy, BobW, Al... So many silly stories that I'm sure will surface here. Heh!

My highlight of the festival was finally breaking some personal blocks and finally attempting some team flying! YAY!!! :ani_punk: While I may not be great at following yet, I was leading Ant for a little bit! Alden was also great at giving me some very valuable tips for team flying, and I almost got to fly with him and Ant together. :) ScottW & iQuad Jay were amazing in organizing/calling the Mega Fly and Grid Fly. I think we had 22 people in all. You guys had your work cut out for you... Major Props! :clap; It was also wonderful to see Ben once again! I never fail to be impressed by his flying skills when he's boogieing down in his own world with his Rev of choice. Makes me appreciate the beauty of short line flying all the more! Oh Jeez Oh Jeez and Props to Jeff King to for running another year of hysterically fun Rev Games! I hope Jay has survived the encounter! Hehehehe!

Stay tuned for photos this week as I sort everything out. Many MANY hugs to all those I crossed paths and lines with this weekend! I'm sorry it's over already!

Edited by Aerochic

Selection of press links. I was sure I saw still another video news crew out on the beach, but this is all I could come up with quickly tonight. Would love to see more video news stories if anyone has links.

Wildwoods 'Unlock' Beach to Start Summer Season

Kites invade the Wildwoods

Get your kicks with kites on the beach

video

WILDWOOD SKIES PAINTED WITH KITES OF ALL KINDS

Wildwood Kite Festival Takes Off

Selection of press links. I was sure I saw still another video news crew out on the beach, but this is all I could come up with quickly tonight. Would love to see more video news stories if anyone has links.

Wildwoods 'Unlock' Beach to Start Summer Season

Kites invade the Wildwoods

Get your kicks with kites on the beach

video

WILDWOOD SKIES PAINTED WITH KITES OF ALL KINDS

Wildwood Kite Festival Takes Off

whoops, here's another one... wildwood kite festival

Guess you all guys having a big blast at Wildwoods and resting away after a 4 days festival, can't wait to see the pictures coming into the gallery.

A good rest will eventually charged everyone batteries.

chris

Edited by ramakristan

What did we learn from Wildwood this year.

1. DON'T mess with Ben when he has a fork in his hand.

2. ANTMAN looks "pretty" cough cough gag in pink.

3. DON'T insult Jay Nunes when standing at the top of a staircase.

& the important one

4. In order to fly big you have to crash big.

So when we all doing it again folks. I can't wait to see the pictures.