YOUR TOP TEN Movies of all time

big bri

Have to give it some thought before i dive in and post my,

FAV TEN Films/movies OF ALL TIME.

I soppose its a realy personal thing like fav music,fav coulor,Fav team,but may just remind us of a few we ment to see,but didnt.Im betting by the time five or ten have posted,youve changed your mind on your own favs,as you forgot about some that have been mentioned in the thread.With that inmind.TOP TEN may help.

Whos first,,,, :blushing: dont be shy,keep it clean :innocent:

BRIAN...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to give it some thought before i dive in and post my,

FAV TEN Films/movies OF ALL TIME.

I soppose its a realy personal thing like fav music,fav coulor,Fav team,but may just remind us of a few we ment to see,but didnt.Im betting by the time five or ten have posted,youve changed your mind on your own favs,as you forgot about some that have been mentioned in the thread.With that inmind.TOP TEN may help.

Whos first,,,, :blushing: dont be shy,keep it clean :innocent:

BRIAN...

Bit like doing a mix tape for your first girlfriend.... It's going to take some thought .... Plus it reveals a lot about ones personality so I might have to lie a little .. Might need 24 hours to consider this one :)

Well, master and commander would have to be in there, like dur! If my bread were buttered on the other side I would happily marry Russel Crowe and have his children, just so long as he wore an unbuttoned shirt and breeches!

Matrix (but not reloaded or revisited) for the special effects.

Lord of the rings as top epic.

Of course Breakfast at Tiffany's because it stars the world's second most beautiful woman (Audrey Hepburn) in the most stunning clothes.

2759.jpg

Guess who's coming to dinner because it stars one our finest actors at his peek (IMHO - Sidney Poitier) and because it made me blub on a plane journey back home many years ago (Gave the air hostesses a laugh although one was impressed I was in touch with my sensitive side - still got her hat somewhere ;) )

And finally Life of Brian for when I want to laugh like a drain.

Well, master and commander would have to be in there, like dur! If my bread were buttered on the other side I would happily marry Russel Crowe and have his children, just so long as he wore an unbuttoned shirt and breeches!

Matrix (but not reloaded or revisited) for the special effects.

Lord of the rings as top epic.

Of course Breakfast at Tiffany's because it stars the world's second most beautiful woman (Audrey Hepburn) in the most stunning clothes.

2759.jpg

Guess who's coming to dinner because it stars one our finest actors at his peek (IMHO - Sidney Poitier) and because it made me blub on a plane journey back home many years ago (Gave the air hostesses a laugh although one was impressed I was in touch with my sensitive side - still got her hat somewhere ;) )

And finally Life of Brian for when I want to laugh like a drain.

Sailor,

Would you know the piece of music they played together in Master and Commander,the doc and the captain.I herd it playing in the hospitality marque at Sunderland festival in the evening and realised what a likeing i had for it.

BRIAN...

It could be one of many. I suspect you mean Boccherini La Musica Notturna Delle Strase de Madrid (you would need to check my spelling on that) but it could also be Motzart No 3 Violin concerto (its the 3rd movement in the film) or Bach Prelude from the Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 or even corelli Adagio from Concerto Grosso . Lucky Jack and the Doctor play together several times in the film, and some of the back ground music may be haunting you too. Suggest you try those on iTunes. Go for the boccherini first - in the film it is the one where Jack and the Doctor are in the captains cabin with the doctor plucking his cello and the captain playing his violin like a guitar (Is that the scene you are thinking of)

King Kong,original b/w version

Laurel and Hardy [Laughing Gravy]

John Carpenters,The Thing

The Warriors

Toy Story

Shaw shank Redemption

True Grit

The quiet man

Miracle on,,the snowman,,anything Christmasy[not the great escape]

Jaws

Changed my mind so many times,Blues Brothers was in ther,The Exorcist,could go on and on.Its hard

BRIAN...im sparticus

simpsons the movie

dont be a menice to south central while drinking your juice in the hood

spiderman 1,2,3

batman(1993)

road trip

american pie

friday

next friday

the hulk

rush hour 1,2,3

jet lei,s the 1

clerks 1,2

jay and silent bob strikes back (gotta support jersey actors)

mallrats

strange days(1992)

fast times at ridgemont high(1980)

thrasher(1987)

boyz in the hood

the shining

eazy rider(1969)

eazy money

the abyss

bruce lee,s house of the dragon(1970)

i have alot more but dont feel like typing them all ..gotta have something to do when i cant fly!!!

No one has mentioned one of my favorites

Cars.......nice story, voices of so many notable people.

Probably the main reason this movie got my attention is that my father was a Hudson dealer in the 50s. My first car was a '53 Hudson Hornet, which became the "Hey Jim, bring your car in Saturday afternoon, we want to try something" test car for the mechanics. It did run very well. 100+ MPH was no problem at all. It ate Olds Super 88s for lunch.

Also, I lived through the crash "Doc Hudson" spoke of in 1954. That was referring to the merger of Hudson and Nash forming American Motors (AMC), which ended the Hudson as we knew it. Starting in 1955 they were Nash bodies with Packard and Hudson engines.

That was a sad time for Hudson people.

No one has mentioned one of my favorites

Cars.......nice story, voices of so many notable people.

Probably the main reason this movie got my attention is that my father was a Hudson dealer in the 50s. My first car was a '53 Hudson Hornet, which became the "Hey Jim, bring your car in Saturday afternoon, we want to try something" test car for the mechanics. It did run very well. 100+ MPH was no problem at all. It ate Olds Super 88s for lunch.

Also, I lived through the crash "Doc Hudson" spoke of in 1954. That was referring to the merger of Hudson and Nash forming American Motors (AMC), which ended the Hudson as we knew it. Starting in 1955 they were Nash bodies with Packard and Hudson engines.

That was a sad time for Hudson people.

Thanks for the interesting history.

I never really knew anything of the merger. I had assumed that Hudson and Packard simply shutdown. To think, I once processed an AMC Rambler with a 5 liter V8 engine and 200PS.

Thanks for the interesting history.

I never really knew anything of the merger. I had assumed that Hudson and Packard simply shutdown. To think, I once processed an AMC Rambler with a 5 liter V8 engine and 200PS.

Packard merged with Studebaker about that same time and became Studebaker/Packard. S/P produced cars up into the late 60s I believe and AMC was bought by Chrysler. Chrysler wanted the "Jeep" division which AMC bought from Willys in '71. Chrysler also continued to produce the AMC 258 ci six cylinder, in various versions, until just a few years ago.

Sorry,,,,,,,back to the movies.

OK... deep breath...

Crash (2004)

Pans Labyrinth

Shawshank Redemption

Blade Runner

Fight club

Little Mermaid (don't ask!)

Donnie Darko

The man who would be King

Life of Brian

Across the Universe

Crouching Tiger hidden dragon

Empire strikes back

Toys story 2 (because I'm in it according to my kids ... check out the toy store owner!)

A Knights Tale

Pleasantville

Ok more then 10 but once you start.....

This is my choice.

The Dam Busters

Whistle Down The Wind

The Railway Children

Sparticus

Carry On Matron

Barbarella

Dracula

Journey To The Centre O f The Earth

Camp On Blood Island

ps. not been to the flicks for a while

Derek. :bye1:

For top slot I can’t decide between these two.

Hunt for Red October

Shawshank Redemption

Then in no particular order.

Warriors

Pulp Fiction

A Bridge Too Far (this one is a “right of passage film for me”. I took my dad to see this to take mind off things while my mum was in hospital having surgery)

The Blues Brothers

Blues Brothers 2000 (not so sure I like having a sequel in this list but the music is brilliant)

Field of Dreams

The Postman

Miracle of 34th Street

Little Mermaid (don't ask!)
Kinky perhaps, but perfectly understandable.
If you’re talking kinky. It wouldn't be in my top ten, but I have to mention Beauty and the Beast and in particular the down the cleavage camera shots in the ballroom scene. Steady on Bob it's a drawing FFS.

For top slot I can't decide between these two.

Hunt for Red October

Shawshank Redemption

Then in no particular order.

Warriors

Pulp Fiction

A Bridge Too Far (this one is a "right of passage film for me". I took my dad to see this to take mind off things while my mum was in hospital having surgery)

The Blues Brothers

Blues Brothers 2000 (not so sure I like having a sequel in this list but the music is brilliant)

Field of Dreams

The Postman

Miracle of 34th Street

If you're talking kinky. It wouldn't be in my top ten, but I have to mention Beauty and the Beast and in particular the down the cleavage camera shots in the ballroom scene. Steady on Bob it's a drawing FFS.

Had a Bridge to far down myself Bob.Kellys Heros just above it.Its so hard deciding.

Do you remember one called The Wanderers[Dion theme tune,the shirellas,Ben E king,smokey Robinson,four seasons,Dylan,]had that also.AWSOME TRACKS in the film.Best part of the film,but swopped it for the warriors.

BRIAN...Stop with those negative waves

Hmm... my favourites wander around a bit, but based on the films that I've watched way more times than is healthy there is...

Alien

Aliens

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

American Werewolf in London

The Thing

Dr Strangelove

The Big Blue

Leon

Trainspotting

The Road Warrior

Dirty Dancing (ha ha ha no, just kidding!)

Ant