STOLEN KITES...PLEASE READ

SKITCH

Hello all....I am going to paste a link to a Kitebuilder topic here and I hope it's OK.

It just came up that Cliff and Gerry Pennell have had a lot of kites stolen from an airport and they are asking for help in recovering them. For those of you that do not know the Pennell's...they are great people and build some GREAT kites. Please help out if you can and please check out the link as many of the kites are pictured there. Maybe someone will see them for sale or flying on a lonely beach somewhere.

http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/viewtopi...&highlight=

Please help these great people.

Thanks,

Patrick

As some have said,im sure they will surface.The golf bag thing is i think the spanner in the works or fishing tackle.They must think thats whats in ther.

Will post on our club site if its not on already and will keep an eye out.

BRIAN...time and patience

Thanks for all the support. The kiting community is surely full of good people....worldwide. With any luck the Pennell's will be re-united with their kites!!! Something is sure to pop up eventually...how could you have those kites and NOT try to fly them????

Patrick

Don't take this the wrong way Hal, but I really hope you are totally wrong.

I hope I'm wrong too, but people are strange sometimes. I can see some slime-ball being "ticked off" cuz there weren't any clubs in the bag he could sell/pawn for a few bucks, and dumping it so he wouldn't get caught. Having a U.S. Marshall for a brother-in-law, and a sister-in-law that is a probation officer may be coloring my perception of certain groups of our society.

Check with and/or notify the area solid waste services. If the thief was expecting golf clubs and finds sticks and fabric, they may just trash them :-( Sorry, terrible thought, but another place to check.

I hope you are wrong too, Hal, but.....if the thief was looking to get a nice golf bag, he may not even know that what he found inside was kites. He certainly wouldn't know how to assemble and fly them. If that's the case, I wouldn't be looking for them in the air.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...