Sign in to follow this  
SKITCH

STOLEN KITES...PLEASE READ

Hello all....I am going to paste a link to a Kitebuilder topic here and I hope it's OK.

It just came up that Cliff and Gerry Pennell have had a lot of kites stolen from an airport and they are asking for help in recovering them. For those of you that do not know the Pennell's...they are great people and build some GREAT kites. Please help out if you can and please check out the link as many of the kites are pictured there. Maybe someone will see them for sale or flying on a lonely beach somewhere.

http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/viewtopi...&highlight=

Please help these great people.

Thanks,

Patrick

That's very sad. Thank you for posting it. You are doing the right thing by

getting the word out.

It would be great if everyone could sent out an e-mail to thier kite freinds with the info about the kites.

They are distinctive. If they turn up at a European festival I am sure we will spot them between us all.

>>sad<<

we shall keep an eye out for them.

Not seen frogs like those before ;)

Oh that's so horrible!!! Thankfully everyone will be keeping an eye out for them now... that's one thing that's great about being in a close knit community.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO>.

I am soo soorry.. .. Ok..im on this one...linking everywhereeeeeeeee here.. you all were awesome to us when ours were stolen.. now its my turn to return the love..

thanks for posting that !

ok, I sent out a email to all of region 9 and am letting board members know..

thanks skitch for posting this..

mousie

As some have said,im sure they will surface.The golf bag thing is i think the spanner in the works or fishing tackle.They must think thats whats in ther.

Will post on our club site if its not on already and will keep an eye out.

BRIAN...time and patience

got my eyes open for them as well .. any help you need im in for it

Thanks for all the support. The kiting community is surely full of good people....worldwide. With any luck the Pennell's will be re-united with their kites!!! Something is sure to pop up eventually...how could you have those kites and NOT try to fly them????

Patrick

Check with and/or notify the area solid waste services. If the thief was expecting golf clubs and finds sticks and fabric, they may just trash them :-( Sorry, terrible thought, but another place to check.

Don't take this the wrong way Hal, but I really hope you are totally wrong.

I hope I'm wrong too, but people are strange sometimes. I can see some slime-ball being "ticked off" cuz there weren't any clubs in the bag he could sell/pawn for a few bucks, and dumping it so he wouldn't get caught. Having a U.S. Marshall for a brother-in-law, and a sister-in-law that is a probation officer may be coloring my perception of certain groups of our society.

well ill go with the positive side and know that they are still out there and will be found

Check with and/or notify the area solid waste services. If the thief was expecting golf clubs and finds sticks and fabric, they may just trash them :-( Sorry, terrible thought, but another place to check.

I hope you are wrong too, Hal, but.....if the thief was looking to get a nice golf bag, he may not even know that what he found inside was kites. He certainly wouldn't know how to assemble and fly them. If that's the case, I wouldn't be looking for them in the air.

The point of my original post being ...... Cover all your bases when looking for the kites.

Point definitely taken!!!

2662929680101380262vLAwES_th.jpg2043898220101380262KlAwzc_th.jpg

Bump....just in case anyone is out flying and sees something.

Thanks!!!

2795520000101380262Drtift_th.jpg2103543520101380262FISgiQ_th.jpg

Bump....just in case anyone is out flying and sees something.

Thanks!!!

Did they ever turn up?