Super Sixteen

Felix

Hi Felix-

Just imagine the sixteen kites "morphing" from one shape/design to the next. Slowly everyone moves out to a shape, then after it's "seen", everyone moves quicker into the next one, then slower into something else.

I can picture something where the four columns morph into a sort of "M" shape and then it morphs and flattens out to become either a flat line or somewhere inbetween, and then fade back in to the so called "M" .... sort of how the folds in a paper fan can stretch out and flatten or fold back in when squeezed together; when looking at it on the end. (It's hard to put into words a visual like that).

Just thinking....... lol

Hi Felix-

Just imagine the sixteen kites "morphing" from one shape/design to the next. Slowly everyone moves out to a shape, then after it's "seen", everyone moves quicker into the next one, then slower into something else.

I can picture something where the four columns morph into a sort of "M" shape and then it morphs and flattens out to become either a flat line or somewhere inbetween, and then fade back in to the so called "M" .... sort of how the folds in a paper fan can stretch out and flatten or fold back in when squeezed together; when looking at it on the end. (It's hard to put into words a visual like that).

Just thinking....... lol

Hi Laura,

We put a folding move in the Decs routine recently. The key is, as you say, to morph from one configuration to another. I imagine it done 'slowly'. <grins>

Big grid to little grid could be an initial simple example.

Felix

<snip>

Is there any other alternatives than 'radaring' to ground?!

Chris

Chris,

I made a suggestion in the very first post of this thread for a sequential 'ladder up' in opposite directions for each of the four groups. I have not gone into detail but envisaged the kites 'hopping' into position on the ground as the initial kites launched. The 'ladders up' could very well be accompanied by taking a couple of steps back to set up the grid on the ground. The reverse down to ground could work I think!

Felix

<snip>

Is there any other alternatives than 'radaring' to ground?!

Chris

Chris,

Another slightly devious thought occurred to me which was that we might want to set up 'non-linear' line-ups of fliers in order to execute specific figures. Last weekend we were flying 5 and following around in various unconventional orders without issue. This could be exploited in the 16 Grid.

It all comes down to the perception of the fliers of the figures that are intended.

(EDIT I was suddenly reminded of the positions that American Football players take up just before/after the ball is put into play in anticipation of the moves that will follow)

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

If a Super Sixteen was VERY practiced, would it be feasable for them to walk from grid to line than back to grid again. This would enable other "non grid friendly" positions and open up the routine.

I understand space allowing of course.

Excuse me if this has been suggested B4.

<snip>

BTW the latest 'Diamond' animation seems to be working OK. Scroll down as there's a 'Play and Pause' button positioned at the base of the animation that some might've missed. Love the inclusion of the counter, nice touch.

Chris

Hmmm! No scroll option here in Firefox and Safari on Mac or IE8 on PC.

Edit Then I reduced the page to 75% and got the buttons...

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

My fault. I am using a large monitor. I should have shrunk it down to a size more usable by everyone without them have to adjust. I will take care of it in around 8 hours or so.

No worries.

The pause button is wicked as it gives the opportunity to consider other interesting ways to get back to the start point or further potential steps in a routine. I like the 1, 5, 7, 3 crossing point and wondered where the lines would be at that point. I also think that when the diamond is reformed each quadrant could form squares before rotating back. <grins>

Felix

Slave Driver <grins>

Then we have four diamonds which could transform into pinwheels (left or right tips in), do a rotation, 180, reverse out and hit the traditional horizontal thread on the outward leg. On the return leg how about the dosey doe's (how should that be spelt...?) and then the next move <grins>

Great work John.

Thanks

Felix

You know I've kept my mouth shut on this thread cause I'm not much of a flier at this level but I will say its way cool and even me who likes to fly to a different

drummer shall we saykid_devlish.gif wants to come out and play........blue_cool.gif Thanks all who are making this thread possible cause there is a ton of good stuff here, to John

and Felix my hat is off to you both for all your hard work..... Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

You know I've kept my mouth shut on this thread cause I'm not much of a flier at this level but I will say it way cool and even me who likes to fly to a different

drummer shall we saykid_devlish.gif wants to come out and play........ Thanks all who are making this thread possible cause there is a ton of good stuff here, to John

and Felix my hat is off to you both for all your hard work..... Ben

Hi Ben, think I mentioned now you are on your back for a while good chance for you to come up with some ideas  :kid_devlish:

Then you will HAVE to come to Berck next year and show us  :blue-cool::blue_wink::blue-grin:  :blue-confused::blue-sleepy::blue-music::blue-love::kid_devlish::blue-cool::blue_wink::blue-grin:  :blue-confused::blue-sleepy::blue-music::blue-love::blue-love:

Hi Ben, think I mentioned now you are on your back for a while good chance for you to come up with some ideas :kid_devlish:

Then you will HAVE to come to Berck next year and show us :blue-cool::blue_wink::blue-grin::blue-confused::blue-sleepy::blue-music::blue-love::kid_devlish::blue-cool::blue_wink::blue-grin::blue-confused::blue-sleepy::blue-music::blue-love::blue-love:

Simon don't start no trouble and there won't be nonebones.gif, me on my back I NEVERwacko.gif....... As for ideas well my mind works a bit different than the rest of

of the planet so at time its hard for most to follow,laugh.gif but I will give it some thought on on our next meeting...... Ben (whinge)blue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Hi Ben, think I mentioned now you are on your back for a while good chance for you to come up with some ideas

Then you will HAVE to come to Berck next year and show us

I hope that everyone will feel able to suggest ideas. It is John who is translating into visuals which is the hard work.

Felix

Simon don't start no trouble and there won't be nonebones.gif, me on my back I NEVERwacko.gif....... As for ideas well my mind works a bit different than the rest of

of the planet so at time its hard for most to follow,laugh.gif but I will give it some thought on on our next meeting...... Ben (whinge)blue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Hey good to hear from you, Just missing you dude.  Keep well.

Hey sometimes new ideas work really well... Who ever thought of putting 4 lines on a kite ? That'll never work  :kid_devlish:

Then we have four diamonds which could transform into pinwheels (left or right tips in), do a rotation, 180, reverse out and hit the traditional horizontal thread on the outward leg. On the return leg how about the dosey doe's (how should that be spelt...?) and then the next move <grins>

Great work John.

Thanks

Felix

You know this getting to be a bit of fun.

I think I will hang on variations of the Diamond for the next weeks. Next week in mind is the Diagonal thread which I seem to understand from some of your messages from last week. Then the four diamonds and variations there of you are mentioning above.

I am moving all the "Super 16" on to it's on web page at http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16

This web page is extremely crude at this time. I guess there is not much expect with only 20 minutes work on it. I will clean it up as I take breaks from Flash and do a little bit of Dreamweavering. If you want to see some of my better web work, look at:

http://gyraphicdesign.com/imcp

There is also some inconsistencies between the animations such as page size and buttons sizes. This will also be corrected sometime soon.

Hi John,

Everything looks OK except for the 'Felex' typo <grins>

What is the problem after step 6?

Felix

Please excuse me for the typo in your name, it is now corrected.

OK, take step 6.

As team captain/caller, how would you call the turns so that the correct kite turns the correct amount in the direction they are each suppose to turn?

Please excuse me for the typo in your name, it is now corrected.

OK, take step 6.

As team captain/caller, how would you call the turns so that the correct kite turns the correct amount in the direction they are each suppose to turn?

How about "6" go.

If we/those that fly it practice this and watch your flash, then stick it should be OK.  Perhaps the music will be the key  :kid_devlish:

How about "6" go.

If we/those that fly it practice this and watch your flash, then stick it should be OK.  Perhaps the music will be the key  :kid_devlish:

The way I am looking at this is that Super 16 probably does not fly together very often as teams would. Each person needs to know there position and what to do on "GO". The problem lies in whether you will always be in the same position when you fly this maneuver.

Maybe I making it a bit more complicated then it actually is, or am I?

Just wait until you see what I have coming up next! Maybe the prototype will be done later today. Then the question is whether this new idea is even possible in real life.

Just wait until you see what I have coming up next! Maybe the prototype will be done later today. Then the question is whether this new idea is even possible in real life.

My concept for the "Cross Thread" is now available at: http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16

This one is for the teams to determine whether it is even possible.

I might suggest reducing down from 16 to 6 REVs with two pairs flying from the right and one pair flying up to see if this will even work.

I would appreciate feedback from teams so I can determine whether to continue with this concept or bin it.