Felix

Super Sixteen

I have sent links of the teams to the organisers and gave them an outline idea of what to expect on the weekend. We are booked into the hotel. I like the idea of civilised travel.

I have sent links of the teams to the organisers and gave them an outline idea of what to expect on the weekend. We are booked into the hotel. I like the idea of civilised travel.

Hi Vince,

I wondered if tapes and stakes for a defined 'parking area' would be a good idea?

Felix

I think the setting will be similar to Dunstable or Herrington. I think an arena may trigger there events procedures and could complicate preparations. A parking area may be an easier option than an arena. Do you feel we need a parking area. We will need some tape.

I think the setting will be similar to Dunstable or Herrington. I think an arena may trigger there events procedures and could complicate preparations. A parking area may be an easier option than an arena. Do you feel we need a parking area. We will need some tape.

Hi Vince,

It was just a thought. Let's not worry about it!

Thanks

Felix

Just in case anyone needs a reminder here is the link to the first super 16 flight.

Felix

Just looking for the correspondence and found this link which shows exactly what happened <grins>

There are drawings of moves in this thread as well...

Felix

I think one of the key light-wind items in this video, is after 2:07 where we start "non-stop" flying with no hanging about.

Makes all the difference in the world to keep things moving when there isn't enough wind for a stable hover, even in big groups. ;)

It was 'way cool' as an initial experiment with the group of fliers who quickly offered to take part after I suggested the possibility. The fact that the moving issue was resolved 'on the fly' was a demonstration of the committment and the capability of the fliers. Knowing where to go was the key...

We have had some equally special moments with the Super 16 concept subsequently especially the final Monday at Portsmouth 2012 where the fliers were 'blown away' by what was flown. Nothing on record in this case but it was just magic! Fly to arrive, fly to return was the key...

Hoping to develop this theme at the Shipley Country Park event 12-13/01/2013.

Felix

Great afternoon at Shipley if a little muddy underfoot. Now Sunday 7:35am and snow has fallen overnight. Only 1cm...