Wildwoods Int'l Kite Festival

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alden,

Have you got back your Blast 2-4 yet and hope in time for the Wildwoods Festival ??

I have a few videos of my friend flying the Super Blast in Malaysia, he enjoyed flying with shorter lines and a very execise for him as well. I have actually 2 Super Blasts, sold I to him and kept another for low winds condition. You have the same colours as mine.

Check it out the web site below.

Cheers,

chris

www.ramakristan.multiply.com

Hi Alden,

Have you got back your Blast 2-4 yet and hope in time for the Wildwoods Festival ??

I have a few videos of my friend flying the Super Blast in Malaysia, he enjoyed flying with shorter lines and a very execise for him as well. I have actually 2 Super Blasts, sold I to him and kept another for low winds condition. You have the same colours as mine.

Check it out the web site below.

Cheers,

chris

www.ramakristan.multiply.com

Yep, she's back and all fixed up. Ready for next week.

I like the pictures on your website. The tipstand on that pedestal with a blast is pretty neat! Lot's of different kites too.

-Alden

Gee, I am drooling all over seeing you all having a time of your life at Wildwoods, wish I can fly across the ocean to fly at Wildwoods Festival, its like going to a Super Ball game, right ??

Been to 6 times Europe but never once in US or Canada, my next visit will be US California and from there, fly over to Calgary to meet up a couple from our homeland.

Anyway, you guys enjoy yourselves !! May the Force of the Wind be with you.

Cheers

chris

Yep, she's back and all fixed up. Ready for next week.

I like the pictures on your website. The tipstand on that pedestal with a blast is pretty neat! Lot's of different kites too.

-Alden

Hi Alden,

Very happy to hear your sweet heart is back with you, I am sure you will have a blast time at Wildwoods.

Glad you like what you see at my site, lots of kites of different shapes and sizes.

Cheers

chris

At the beginning of this post is a downloadable PDF with the schedule.

yea, I saw that but it doesnt really lay out wht time the competitions are. I know the quad mega fly is 11:30 On Sunday but was curious about what time the quad line comps take place on Saturday and Sunday. Also what time the rev games were and what exactly the rev games are?

Hi,

Just to let you know REV games are on Sunday at 9:00 am on field #3.

REV games are when you have to fly around the cones/ buckets and do different things while being timed. The person with the best time wins. The cool part is we can make up the game to fit the level of flyers. If someone can't do something, not to worry!!! We want it to be fun for everyone. Again the key part is for everyone to be able to have fun and fly at your level.

Just talked with Jeff King and he is going to bring is Slalom game!! :clap; Jeff wrote:

It's any number of driveway marker stakes (I mix up the heights and use about 5 or 6 usually) set up in a wide V (narrow end farthest away), and the stakes each have ping pong balls (with a nice wide hole drilled in them) on top. The flier starts at the far end and has to "slalom" back and forth between the staggered stakes, knocking off the ping pong balls (generally with the bridal line) one by one as the flier backs up and draws the kite through the V to the wider end. It's a timed event beginning with "go" and ending when the flier has knocked off the last ping pong ball and then touches the kite down. -Jeff K

And a return of the blind folded game!!!! :ghostrider_h4h:

I hope everyone will join in!!! We will have games at everyones level!!!!!!

The key thing is to have FUN!!!!! :w00t:

I will have the cones out all weekend. We can get lots of practice before Sunday...........

We also have cool REV prizes!!! Thanks Ben!!! :ani_yahoo:

See you at the games!!!!

yea, I saw that but it doesnt really lay out wht time the competitions are. I know the quad mega fly is 11:30 On Sunday but was curious about what time the quad line comps take place on Saturday and Sunday. Also what time the rev games were and what exactly the rev games are?

Alright......I'm an idiot!!!!!!!!

Just scrolled down and saw page 2, etc..Duh.

oh man the memories of last year.. 3 days left!!!!!! and im on the beach with you all

if last year's schedule for comps is any indication, quad comps were held sunday am, way to frickin' early.

:D

I'll see if I can find out before the weekend.

if last year's schedule for comps is any indication, quad comps were held sunday am, way to frickin' early.

:D

I'll see if I can find out before the weekend.

Let me see, was that the one you took first or second in????

I tell you, some people are never happy! :kid_smartass:

-Alden