Buying a Rev

lisazpilot

Question

OK, I'm not a great kite flyer, but a friend of mine wants to get a Rev kite and have us learn how to fly and maybe even fly as a duo next year at the Longbeach, Wa kite festival. What's the best starter Rev? EXP looks good, but will it be too limited? Will I just need to buy a Barressi before next year?

19 answers to this question

An EXP would be great for a beginner if you don't want to spend much. If you're willing to pay more, I would go with either the B-Series or the 1.5. See if you can get the Training DVD with your order.

I wish you had met me at WSIKF. I could have let you try my b-series. But there's alwayse next year.

Welcome to the darkside :big_starwars:

Spence

OK, I'm not a great kite flyer, but a friend of mine wants to get a Rev kite and have us learn how to fly and maybe even fly as a duo next year at the Longbeach, Wa kite festival. What's the best starter Rev? EXP looks good, but will it be too limited? Will I just need to buy a Barressi before next year?

You can't beat the package that comes with the B-Series. 2 frames, handles set up for you with adjustments, while I haven't seen the DVD I'm sure its top notch with great information.

get the 1,5 or the b series as i tell every newbie they are the best starter packages.. if you tight on funds the exp is good for a low cost but the 1.5 will get you started and will be a good kite for when you get into that ... play around ... mood . what i mean by that is once you get the basics down that is a great kite to try some insane stuff with

Thanks for the advice! I'll save up my pennies and get the big package b-series (I thought it was like getting 6 kites in 1!). My girlfriend did stop by and someone let her fly their quad, which is why she now wants us to fly next year!

I'm going to try to get to the show on Whidbey next month too...

Thanks again!

lisazpilot

Thanks for the advice! I'll save up my pennies and get the big package b-series (I thought it was like getting 6 kites in 1!). My girlfriend did stop by and someone let her fly their quad, which is why she now wants us to fly next year!

I'm going to try to get to the show on Whidbey next month too...

Thanks again!

lisazpilot

I don't know about 6 kites in 1 but it does defiantly does give you a much wider window as far as flexibility with the frame set ups more than just a standard kite would, plus as I mentioned the added bonus of line adjustments on the handles makes this to me the ultimate starter pack. You get what it took most of us along time to acquire right off the bat.

Kind of funny seeing as I don't even own one yet just knowing what it comes with I recommend it highly.

Good Luck,

I can't help it! I alwayse do that. I know it's wrong, but I'VE alwayse done that. ALWAYSE!!!! I think it has just alwayse been a habit or something. :kid_smartass:

Ha ha! I've just seen this post Watty (managed to miss it for two months! LOL). Ya cheeky wee git. :kid_smartass: