Welcome to the world of Rev team flying!

KiteLife

Here's the section for Rev team flying, both in small and large groups.

This is just an initial post to open things up, but look for more content here very soon!

This is a great idea John.

As a member of an existing team I am looking forward to some good discussions here. Whilst I would try and persuade you all that Rev team is a really hard thing to do :P actually it is something that anyone can do with just a few basic control skills. OK some of the more complex stuff takes a bit of practice but there is still a great deal that can be done with new pilots. So, if I can help in anyway I would be glad to be of assistance.

Thank you Stephen, we can look forward to a lot of growth in this area as things progress... I truly believe that Rev team is one of the more accessible group activities in kiting, definitely one of the most entertaining and educational!

Whilst I would try and persuade you all that Rev team is a really hard thing to do :P actually it is something that anyone can do with just a few basic control skills.

Its also hard to cope with the sheer and complete depression that flying Rev team brings about.

(ie, the time spent NOT flying team)

;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a blast!!

After learning the basic moves needed, the next thing is getting used to flying in the same space with others and very close, without the fear of crashing into someone and sending the whole group crashing to the ground in a heap of tangled kites and lines. Then, after that happens, you need to get right back up on that horse and go for another ride.

Really.... it's much easier than it looks. Lynn and I have been fortunate to learn team/mega team flying from some of the best, Barresi, Lummas to start with. Find a strong but very patient leader and just do what they say. Keep one eye on your kite, one eye on the kite ahead of you, one eye on the kite behind you and one eye on the whole group and you will do just fine. :blink:

Really, really....Give it a go. You'll have more fun than you have ever had without buying a ticket.

Jim