sail dont fit

kitecowboy

Question

Hello everyone, new to the forum. also new to Rev's. I just bought a "slightly" used blast and having some challenges, mainly the sail is floppy I checked out the wingspan and its 113 thats le length and I think it should be longer am i nuts or am i missing something. the sail is undamaged and the short wing spars are also fine. Thanks for any help.

17 answers to this question

You may just need to tighten the bungees. There should be bungees attached to some if not all of the end caps, just tighten them until the sail is no longer loose. But I don't think the blast generally has a really tight sail... but I don't own one, so I could be very wrong.

the sail is almost to the end of the le 1/4 inch the bungees dont really shorten anymore. could the tube be cut, it dosent look easy to cut neatly. I fly some deltas and when you break that wrapped rod u know its broke. I was looking on Rev site and it says wingspan is 115 that would be le length?

Any pictures? Do you mean the sail doesn't fit the frame or is it a shape problem??

I too bought a second hand blast and even though its in excellent condition I plan on doing a few little re-cuts... Trouble is Mylar shrinks and Nylon stretches so in time some of the mixed material sails can look a little ugly...

Oh and pardon my manners ...... Welcome to the dark side!

thanks "the dark side" i like it. no looking at all the pics i can find and it seems that the le is just to short. If i do one end with the cap on and pull the bungee a little the wing looks great there just isnt enough spar stickin out the other end. the kite isnt very old 3-4 months so it wouldnt stretch? the panel below the le is mylar and im sure that stuff dont stretch.

By the way nice to see an active forum. now if i could find another flyer within 1000 miles i'll have to go check out the events posts.

thanks Cowboy

mines over an inch shorter. oh well at least i got a smokin deal on it saved money for parts.

Hang on you said your LE was 113 mines 112.5 so rods are nominally the same yes?? Must be the sail?? and yes I was definitely measuring my Blast!! you sure its a legit sail (Rev logo etc) ?? take some pics of it and maybe give Ben at Rev a call .... I had an issue with and old shockwave I bought and ended up buying a new sail....

Happy to go and measure my sail if it helps?.... Mrs Jones is at the cinema so I have a window of opportunity to pull kites out in the lounge!

Jonesey

1st off, lets make sure you're both talking about the same blast. Because there is the 2-4 4-8 and power blast. I'm guessing you're talking about the 2-4. But if one of you is talking about the 4-8, and the other is talking about the 2-4, there could be some communication problems ;)

1st off, lets make sure you're both talking about the same blast. Because there is the 2-4 4-8 and power blast. I'm guessing you're talking about the 2-4. But if one of you is talking about the 4-8, and the other is talking about the 2-4, there could be some communication problems ;)

Good point Spence but ...113" leading edge can only be a blast not a 2~4 which is about 120" .... of course I could always talk metric if it helps the confusion! .... 5 definitely measured my Blast .....

Need Pictures :)

sorry i got confused with all the measuring it is supposed to be 113 the wing span i read was 115 but the one i have is like 111 and a bit its hard to be exact becase i tried to fly it and some of the pieces are hard to measure. and its the blast. when i get the pic thing figured out i'll post em. thanks for all the help, everyone.

We have a blast on display in our showroom, plus all the rods for the blast. If you need a pic let me know and I can shoot a couple for ya. The easiest thing IMO would be to measure each of the leading edge rods.

My measurements are:

Leading edge end rods and center rods are each 37 7/16" long. (not including the ferule length on the end rods)

Leading edge end rod w/ferule appx. 39 3/4" long. This measurement could vary slightly depending on where the ferule is actually glued into the rod at. The overall length of the rod without the ferule included is the important measurement.

All three leading edge pieces together should measure 111 5/16" long (appx, could vary about +-1/8").

This is for the Rev BLAST leading edge, not the 2-4 or the 4-8.

Hope this helps.

btw, the leading edge sticks out from the end of the sail appx 1" to 1.5" on both ends.

Hello everyone, new to the forum. also new to Rev's. I just bought a "slightly" used blast and having some challenges, mainly the sail is floppy I checked out the wingspan and its 113 thats le length and I think it should be longer am i nuts or am i missing something. the sail is undamaged and the short wing spars are also fine. Thanks for any help.

Question 1: Is it an original Blast from Revolution with the Revolution logo on it, as Jonesy mentioned?

Question 2: Are the Leading edge(LE) rods fitted together solidly together over the ferrule? Pull the LE rods out of the LE pocket, fit them together and measure them and verify that they are the length Kent(awindofchange) mentioned of 111 5/16". If not measure each rod excluding the ferrule and post the lengths here.

Kent said 111 5/16", I think he means 112 5/16" because 37 7/16" X 3 = 112 5/16", which is closer to Jonesy's measurement.

Question 1: Is it an original Blast from Revolution with the Revolution logo on it, as Jonesy mentioned?

Question 2: Are the Leading edge(LE) rods fitted together solidly together over the ferrule? Pull the LE rods out of the LE pocket, fit them together and measure them and verify that they are the length Kent(awindofchange) mentioned of 111 5/16". If not measure each rod excluding the ferrule and post the lengths here.

Kent said 111 5/16", I think he means 112 5/16" because 37 7/16" X 3 = 112 5/16", which is closer to Jonesy's measurement.

Boy how do you guys still cope with all those fractions? I'm even struggling with my 7 year old daughters maths and that's all metric! :confused!:

one end spar is shorter,sorry for bein so dopey i never had all three out at the same time and stood them up ones at least 1 1/2 shorter and the ferrul is diffrent maybe a field repair he didnt mention. dont want to scare off a buyer right. Thanks again for all the help, everyone. I'm going to order a new one right away, does rev supply directly or is a dealer better. I also think its also time to start shopping for a 1.5 .

thanks. Cowboy

Boy how do you guys still cope with all those fractions? I'm even struggling with my 7 year old daughters maths and that's all metric! :confused!:

That is one tremendous question.

I lived under the metric decimal system half my life and now I am "back" in the inch and fractions which is driving me berserk!

The metric decimal system is so straight forward!

I hate to say it with all ya all that chimed in on this thread. But at the beggining he did say the sail was floppy. :kid_brooding:

That tells you the bungee's are way stretched out, but then again he also said the sail almost touches the LE tips. :P

So that leads you to believe the sail is stretched. :kid_brooding::w00t: Damn newbies, it was a rod and we all missed it. :kid_devlish:

Dean

P.S. It was the last dumb tech support question to ask and before it was asked it was answered. :w00t: