South Wales Kiting.

lightshipman

Where is the South Wales kite scene, nowadays, there used to be a lot going on on Cowbridge Common, near Cardiff. I live in Barry. fly two line and Revs.

Sorry can't help with that one, being based in Bedfordshire, but I suspect you will get a more informed answer if you ask on Fractured Axel.

http://fracturedaxel.co.uk

You are so helpful and good Bob :innocent: . That Sailor bloke didnt think about making a clicky link :blink: .

Let alone typing in the link.

That Sailor bloke is just so picky!! Still maybe he dont know how to do the posh stuff :w00t: .

Thought I would add some emoticons or wotever they are as this post s supposed to be daft :blue-grin: .

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

New rev flyer & first time post.

If heading down to pembrokshire then be sure to stop off at Newgale beach on the way to St, Davids... huge sands when the tide is out.

Hi Merrik, welcome to the weird world of Rev

I flew a few times at Newgale in August. Superb beach at low tide when there's mile of sand. You're a lucky man if that's going to be your local spot.

Most of the time I was there though the weather was just a bit damp!

2767718727_bcc732c7d4.jpg

Not my local beach unfortunatley as i am based in essex :angry: Just remember it well from holidays when i was a bit younger.

Still i`ll head back there one day and fly it again i`m sure.

Cheers

Merrik

Flown there a few time myself. No room once the tide is in though.

Good surf too.

Pendine is another great beach to fly on.

Welcome to the dark side Merrik

• 9 months later...

Swansea and surrounding

Llanelli Beach!! (9/10) My main fly site!!

Amazing beach when the tide is out. The wind comes clean up the estuary and hits the beach square on rather than some of the side wind beaches around this area. Walk to the left on the beach, carry on to the 'tide breaker' rocks, other side is the mouth of the Estuary AV Speeds 8-12 summer 20+ winter

Pembrey. (10/10)

Home of the Buggy boys, massive sands with variable winds. Summer provides some nice steady winds, Winter provides some seriously nerve racking experiences. Many a kite has died during the winter season, a 2 meter Rad Evo dragged my 15st butt for about 200+ yards....moral- use kite killer.

Aberavon (Aberafon) Port Talbot (6/10)

Short beach but immense fun. Warning, winds CAN change from Nice to Nasty within a second, keep an eye on the water for wind changes (you'll see) Hot weekends make this beach hard to use as it get's packed with families (LOCK YOUR CAR TOO)

Ogmore on sea to Porthcawl. (Ogmore-o-s 7/10 Newtown 8/10)

Nice curved wind catching beach separated from Newtown Beach by the river. River crossable during low tide (ok, summer months)

Watch the tide if you do cross the river, miss the cut off and it's a fair walk to the nearest bridge.

Hope to see some of you there one day, worth a visit if your passing.

I'm the one with the blue & pink EXP and the green /black & white Blast

(oh, and an HQ M Series Hypno Quad....soon to be converted to a Rev-a-like style)

• 1 year later...
Guest Probablynot

I'm in mid-Wales, with lots of hills and trees. And sheep.

And rain.

But I fly mainly on a lovely, flat, tree-free area to the west of Haverfordwest. Locals call it the Cricket Field, but I gather it was originally a horse racetrack.

Five miles west of there is Broadhaven Beach. I've flown there, and it was fun, but it does tend to get people'd at the weekends and holidays.

A few miles up the coast there's Newgale (mentioned earlier in this thread). I've been there and it looks promising, but I haven't flown there yet. Might try it some time this summer.

I wish I could find suitable places for flying closer to home though. I've seen guys flying their hang gliders from a hill about 2km behind my cottage, so maybe I should get up there one day and investigate ...

I'm in mid-Wales, with lots of hills and trees. And sheep.

And rain.

But I fly mainly on a lovely, flat, tree-free area to the west of Haverfordwest. Locals call it the Cricket Field, but I gather it was originally a horse racetrack.

Five miles west of there is Broadhaven Beach. I've flown there, and it was fun, but it does tend to get people'd at the weekends and holidays.

A few miles up the coast there's Newgale (mentioned earlier in this thread). I've been there and it looks promising, but I haven't flown there yet. Might try it some time this summer.

I wish I could find suitable places for flying closer to home though. I've seen guys flying their hang gliders from a hill about 2km behind my cottage, so maybe I should get up there one day and investigate ...

This place sounds like heaven! Well, ok, it could do without the sheep lol :lol:

It hasn't rained in Las Vegas at all this year so far :(