4th Annual West Coast Rev Clinic

KiteLife

Hi folks, I've just finished our sign up page for the 2011 WCRC in Long Beach, WA... Scheduled for March 18-20.

http://www.teamiquad.com/schedule/west-coast-rev-clinic

To immediately put some minds at ease, the 18th (Friday) is a casual day with no workshop curriculum, just play and one-on-one coaching for those who can come for the extra day ;)

You'll find detailed information about the schedule, local lodging and more at the link above.

Please let me know if anything is unclear on the registration page. ;)

==

For those of you who are RevGuild members, you can find coupon codes here...

http://www.revguild.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=151

We've got 30 slots open, hope to see you there!

I plan on signing up monday !!!

I was wondering, Is 120' lines manditory ? (for this clinic)

I do not have any yet , but do plan on getting some !!!

(I have not needed them because I have no one local to fly with ! )

Thank you.....can't wait.........!! rolleyes.gif

For the regular stuff, any usable line set will work fine. If you want to get into the team exercises, you will need 120' spectra lines. I believe Theresa from The Kite Shoppe will be there and ready to handle your kite shopping needs.

• Like 1

Exactly as Watty says, not required, except to participate in team exercises (well worth having for this purpose).

Theresa will be fully equipped for sure, I believe the RevGuild discount applies as well!

Watty, loving your new graphic! Would look better exported (via the file menu in AI) with a transparent background. ;)

• 1 month later...

I was really hoping to attend the clinic this year as I had so much fun and learned so much last year. I just had a full hip replacement on Monday and they tell me I can't drive for 6 weeks. It might be too hard to fly from a walker even if I could get there!! I've flown quite a bit this winter and what I'm finding out is that the more you fly the better you get!! I know, no revelation but it is satisfying to make progress. I know the clinic would have sped up the process. I should be getting around ok by the time Lincoln City festival starts and hope to see all that helped me out last year there or at WSIKF.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed... Between both the instructors and the students, this was probably the best clinic we've had to date!

We ran a little tighter schedule, focused more on the assigned skill areas and got way more people into team exercises than in years past.

Honestly, I think this was my favorite event of the year thus far, everyone was wonderful. :)

Also, we had a chance to give away from really cool stuff on Saturday night... 10 prize winners in all:

• B2 standard w/lines (from Kitelife)
  • Prism molded hard case (from The Kite Shoppe)
  • 13" Pro handles (from LS Custom Kite Accessories)
  • 2 custom ground stakes (from John Mason)
  • 2 iQuad DVDs (from iQuad)
  • 2 yearly Kitelife subscriptions (from Kitelife)
  • 2010 WSIKF mega fly post card (from The Kite Shoppe)

Thanks to everyone who donated, to our instructors, and most of all - to our students!

Look for news on our 5th annual WCRC (2012), details to be announced later this year. ;)

Just got home!! and I wanted to THANK ALL OF I-QUAD,

theresa, kite museum, sponsors, and ALL who attended !!!

I had a GREAT TIME, and learned ALOT!!! especially with TEAM FLYINGcrazy.gifdizzy.gifrainbowwave.gif .....................................................clap2.gif

I did not win a PRIZE......but being their was a PRIZE , all on its own!!!!

cant wait for a festival, and hope to make it back next year.........................THANKS AGAIN .....ALL !!................

P.S. made alot of new friends!!!! AWESOME.................biggrin.gif .........

I was so glad we didn't get rained out!! It's so hard to pick a date and hope for the best in March!

I made a page for the WSIKF mega fly greeting card if any one wants a close-up look:

http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/products/WSIKF-2010-Quad-Mega-Fly-Photo-Card.html

If you were there.......Can you pick out where you are?? :)