New Years Day Fly in Portland, OR

KiteLife

Well folks, almost a new year...

Who's coming out for our annual New Years Day fun fly at West Delta Park in Portland?

TK and I will be there!

If you're coming, I strongly recommend being prepared to bring rain or warm weather gear, as well as a thermos of something warm and tasty. :)

The last time we talked about this, you said you would be in San Diego!! :kid_smartass: So, now you're gonna horn in on our fun?? :kid_devlish: Hahahaha!!! Just kidding!!! :) Hope we get a good turnout of Portland fliers!!! :)

We were hoping to be in San Diego, but things haven't come together for it, so chances are pretty slim now with only 3 weeks left to go.

Well folks, almost a new year...

Who's coming out for our annual New Years Day fun fly at West Delta Park in Portland?

TK and I will be there!

If you're coming, I strongly recommend being prepared to bring rain or warm weather gear, as well as a thermos of something warm and tasty. :)

Tell ya what...I'll fly HERE and we'll meet in the middle. Bring yer long line sets... :P

--Tak

Long lines? Yeah, let's see....

Oh yeah; maybe 12 million foot lines? Might be difficult. Really hard to see what the kite is doing at that distance. Easy to make a mistake and get tangled up.

Also, I suspect it would be hard to get continuous lines that long. I just hate knots or splices in the middle of my lines.

Of course, from here, it is mostly upwind. I'm thinking that doing a 360 with 12 million foot lines might be difficult. (Really a lot of VERY high-speed running involved. Straight through trees and parked cars.)

Ya'll have fun. I don't think I'll make this particular fly.

Edited by --Pete

I'm sure we can get Spence to come. :)

Yessir! Just moved to Vancouver yesterday, so I will be at Delta Park all day! Really looking forward to it!

Long lines? Yeah, let's see....

Oh yeah; maybe 12 million foot lines? Might be difficult. Really hard to see what the kite is doing at that distance. Easy to make a mistake and get tangled up.

Solution: Webcam kid_devlish.gif