Found Rev - Nags Head, NC (near Jockey's Ridge)

Reef Runner

It took me once a couple of weeks to notice that I have lost a kite that took me over 100 hours to build. I still don't know if I lost it in Denmark or Sweden. I lived in Southern Germany at the time. It apparently was never seen again despite phone calls, emails, rec.kite messages, kite club messages and etc. Forums did not exist at that time or were extremely rare.

Happy 4th, and how about a bump or two, over on Kitelife...........thanks for your help. All we can do is keep on trying ! blue_wink.gif

Hi Reef Runner (what's your name, btw?)

Happy 4th to you as well!

I don't know if you've noticed, but this is always at the top of "Lost and Found" ... unless something else is unfortunately lost.

I don't bounce around to too many sites. If I think about it, I'll give a bump; as I did with GWTW not too long ago.

All the best; hope the owner realizes his/her loss soon.

Hi Reef Runner (what's your name, btw?)

Happy 4th to you as well!

I don't know if you've noticed, but this is always at the top of "Lost and Found" ... unless something else is unfortunately lost.

I don't bounce around to too many sites. If I think about it, I'll give a bump; as I did with GWTW not too long ago.

All the best; hope the owner realizes his/her loss soon.

Yep, I knew that. John pinned the subject last week. I just try to keep it active, in case someone new, might just take a quick look at the "Active Topics". I don't know about this missing owner. If it was mine, I'd be doing more than a quick look......... Anyway, I thought that I would try my best to keep it active, for at least a couple of months, and then, to be quite honest, I'm going to let it go. The kite will then be used as a training kite, for employees and "newbies", at Kitty Hawk Kites, in Nags Head, NC................

It's still a shame, that the owner, either doesn't realize that it's missing, or obviously, doesn't know where to go about looking, to track it down. As you mentioned, I likewise don't bounce around, on too many of the forums, just here and Kitelife, mainly, however, I do appreciate your bump, over at GWTW. With them, Kitelife, the Rev Forum, and the entire AKA. being notified in every region, I just don't know anything else to do.....

Well, have a happy and safe "Fourth of July "....................nick cool.gif

Well I missed posting on the 4th as I have just got back from a Week living out in the bush helping to run an Expedition survival type course.

Also the 4th is my Wifes Birthday so thought I should maybe spend what was left of it with her rather than on the Forum.

Hope the owner turns up soon.

Interesting to see how long we can keep this running though.

I've seen people at Treasure Island Fl come out on the beach with a brand new kite try to fly it and couldn't then dump it in the trash as they were leaving. I met a elderly man that had a van full of kites and never bought a kite. So it could have been just like that, bought a kite and too bashful to ask for advice and trashed the kite.

I've seen people at Treasure Island Fl come out on the beach with a brand new kite try to fly it and couldn't then dump it in the trash as they were leaving. I met a elderly man that had a van full of kites and never bought a kite. So it could have been just like that, bought a kite and too bashful to ask for advice and trashed the kite.

Hello kitefantex-

Another 1.gif for an interesting, yet sad, thought.