Found Rev - Nags Head, NC (near Jockey's Ridge)

Reef Runner

The "Lost Rev" has now gone into "TRAINING MODE"...............[done deal]

Can't you just see the Newbies, being drawn over to "the dark side"........kid_devlish.gif

I guess this is the silver lining to the lost REV :)

Instead of being lost and forgotten, it will bring joy and hopefully more fliers to the sport we love :) :)

You did a great job Nick. I think the outcome, even though it is not what we all wanted is a positive after all.

Well Done B)

I guess this is the silver lining to the lost REV smile.gif

Instead of being lost and forgotten, it will bring joy and hopefully more fliers to the sport we love smile.gifsmile.gif

You did a great job Nick. I think the outcome, even though it is not what we all wanted is a positive after all.

Well Done cool.gif

thanks................nick

• 6 months later...

This is my first post on this forum, and I actually DO realize that the search for this kite's owner has been called off. But I just had to say how impressed I was by the effort you folks put into it. It has inspired me to do the same, as I'm sure it will inspire others, if ever I am faced with similar circumstances.

It would have sure been easier just to pick it up, look around suspiciously for a few seconds, and then just slide your new-found prize into your own bag. But I've always heard that one's character is defined by what he does when nobody is watching... it's an Eagle Scout thing with me, I guess.

Unfortunately, my experience has been somewhat opposite of this... i.e. leave even a kite stake unattended for a few minutes, upright in the sand on Jockey's Ridge, and it's a crap shoot as to whether it will still be there after you land and come back for it. So when you go up there with a bundle of kites and a gear bag, you almost feel like you need to padlock it to your leg, or hide a LoJac in the bag somewhere, which kind of interferes with your concentration, mobility, and lest we forget the reason for going up that hot... no, SCORCHING hot... pile of sand in the first place, your ability to relax and lose yourself in the wind.

For what it's worth, I think it's almost always the tourists and non-flying people who perpetrate such acts, not realizing that by picking up a skinny little 14 ounce bag, they are committing grand larceny. But still, it's a shame when it happens. Thankfully, folks like you give the rest of us cynics, a little hope.

Best wishes from Virginia.

Skip Hall

Suffolk, VA.

This is my first post on this forum, and I actually DO realize that the search for this kite's owner has been called off. But I just had to say how impressed I was by the effort you folks put into it. It has inspired me to do the same, as I'm sure it will inspire others, if ever I am faced with similar circumstances.

It would have sure been easier just to pick it up, look around suspiciously for a few seconds, and then just slide your new-found prize into your own bag. But I've always heard that one's character is defined by what he does when nobody is watching... it's an Eagle Scout thing with me, I guess.

Unfortunately, my experience has been somewhat opposite of this... i.e. leave even a kite stake unattended for a few minutes, upright in the sand on Jockey's Ridge, and it's a crap shoot as to whether it will still be there after you land and come back for it. So when you go up there with a bundle of kites and a gear bag, you almost feel like you need to padlock it to your leg, or hide a LoJac in the bag somewhere, which kind of interferes with your concentration, mobility, and lest we forget the reason for going up that hot... no, SCORCHING hot... pile of sand in the first place, your ability to relax and lose yourself in the wind.

For what it's worth, I think it's almost always the tourists and non-flying people who perpetrate such acts, not realizing that by picking up a skinny little 14 ounce bag, they are committing grand larceny. But still, it's a shame when it happens. Thankfully, folks like you give the rest of us cynics, a little hope.

Best wishes from Virginia.

Skip Hall

Suffolk, VA.

Hey Skip..............thanks !

nick

Hey Skip..............thanks !

nick

Gentlemen,

For those reasons, years ago I started flying on the north end at the Whalehead Club, and when I opened a store it was across the street.

While the Whalehead Club/Currituck Heritage Park does NOT have the space of the Ridge, it does offer a safe place to fly - especially when the winds are from the west. And generally doesn't have crowds cutting across the flight path.

Come try it sometime!

Cath

• Like 1