New advanced Rev tutorial video... Soliciting ideas!

KiteLife

Aaaargh, too many good ideas! :)

Understood!

If there was one thing that I would identify as crucial in the learning process, it would be 'flying in treacle'.

Many years ago, at Damp in Germany, we were flying Rev 2s as it was very windy! (Before vented Revs were made)

We decided to fly EDIT 'very' slowly and it worked a treat.

iQuad make very good use of speed control but I have not yet seen them flying in treacle!!!

Felix

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Felix, would you define treacle, in this context?

Another take on this. Consider the median speed (full forwards) of the kite given a particular 'wind speed'. Now try to fly (consistently) at half that speed through turns etc.

I think that this is an 'amazing' way to find control of the kite and as JMH said many years ago, (I paraphrase), 'if you have your hands on the bridle*, everything is possible'.

20 years and still learning.... <grins>

(*as we do!)

Felix

Aha, I understand.

While you may not have seen it on video or at the events we've attended together, iQuad practices all their moves at all speeds (extremely slow to very fast)... When it comes to show however, we tend to favor the faster stuff quite often, in the interest of smacking the audience in the head, grabbing their attention.

Bottom line, we've never had choreographed routines, so we have to be able to change speed on any move, in any turn, at any time, based on the wind, music and my calling. ;)

• 10 months later...

Wow, if you could only find a somewhat funny, animated, and experienced host who is not only comfortable in front of a camera, but also on a mic, behind the scenes, has been in the industry for say 25 years or so, maybe done a video or two....ya know that kind of thing! Gee, if you could find such a person that ALSO has some flying skills, wouldn't that just be wonderful? I wonder if there is such a person!? :w00t:

Seriously, I am more than willing to help out with anything you plan on doing.

This project has been reapportioned, looks like I'll be doing individual tutorial videos and building an archive on Kitelife.

Very similar content, but broken down by topic which can be downloaded for computer or iPod/iPhone use. ;)

Hoping to get the first ones done in January, looking for a good camera at the moment.