Wildwoods Int'l Kite Festival

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are all going to miss you all out there tomorrow areochic.. thanks for comeing out

I miss everyone already! Wah! Wish I could still be there.

Here are some teaser pics to tie everyone over until I get the gallery(s) up. I was shooting with 3 different cameras this weekend.

post-1408-1211811380_thumb.jpg

Adobe Lightroom is really great for going through lots of photos real fast.

I really like your Web Site! Super!

For those who have not seen it, you have to look at it!

Thanks for the tip, John. I'll have to take a look at that. :) Although, I do have to admit that I have to review the pics one at a time regardless. I'm ridiculously fussy about choosing the right images.

Thanks for the website compliment! :D It took me awhile to arrive at an overall look that fit all the things I do.

Thanks for the tip, John. I'll have to take a look at that. :) Although, I do have to admit that I have to review the pics one at a time regardless. I'm ridiculously fussy about choosing the right images.

Then it should be perfect for you.

You can import changing filename and metas if you want.

You can look at each picture individually, adjust them. Rotate is fantastic.

Then you can export them into various formats.

Create a simple web site.

Even put them directly into Photoshop.

Thanks for the website compliment! :D It took me awhile to arrive at an overall look that fit all the things I do.

Your quite welcome. Your web site is quite impressive.

Did you use Dreamweaver?

Your quite welcome. Your web site is quite impressive.

Did you use Dreamweaver?

Yes I did. :) Thanks once again for all the info!

While I'm here, I'm going to update with some more local tv news video clips that feature team iquad in action. The Rev fliers dominated the festival this year. It was glorious! :ani_punk:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=...&id=6158774

http://video.nbc10.com/player/?fid=23055#videoid=255333

http://www.nbc40.net/pages/videoplayer/video.php?vid=5677

http://cbs3.com/video/[email protected]

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article...her-2008-season

Article With Video:

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article...ival-highlights

Plus a nice article from The Press of Atlantic City:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/181/story/167930.html

The Wildwood Leader:

http://www.thewildwoodleader.com/pages_a/page_01.htm

Courier Post Online:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.../805260349/1006

Ok... off to undertake the massive photo sorting...

well now i post this as the the end of this weekend :angry: i must say it was a hoot seeibg all of my good friends from all over the world and the usa as well.. i just got home and im pretty drunk as i have had a blast of a weekend with the i quad boyz and the rest of my flying brothers and sisters.. today was a early ending due to a 25 + blast of wind hitting the beach i spent it drinking a few beers with dennis olo and paul lemaster .. after that kitezen hooked it up with the bloody marys.. john b and i quad along with scott weider did a great job with the team and mega flies here on my beach.. im so blessed to heaved thes guys here doing the beast they can to keep the wildwood folks loveing the kite showas they put on every year.. its because of them that ive become a better rev flier and i took my chance to be a team caller for the first time with the jersey crew. luv 2 fly brad w rdzl23. rawveeda,alden miller,kitezen, drew and adventure ang,and computer bob.. all did a great job in helping me do my first team calling fly .. THANK YOU GUYS AND GIRLS for the help .. you all did a great job in this first jersey team fly.. what a great weekend and im sorry to say im really sad to see you all go as next week i will see the empty wildwood beach once again. i must say every morning when i drove in to the beach it,s so cool to see the big kites flying from the bridge as i got into town.. as 21 years of going to this festival i gotta say it brings tears to my eyes to know that this many people love comeibg to my hometown to enjoy the winds on my beach..to all i say my home is your home.. welcome kite family!!!!!!!pictured below is my new i quad b sreies mid vent ... thanks ben .. your are my big brother !!!!!

post-87-1211846680_thumb.jpg

well now i post this as the the end of this weekend :angry: i must say it was a hoot seeing all of my good friends from all over the world and the usa as well..

I'll tell ya, Ant... For me the defining moment of the festival was during Mega Fly and I heard you saying something like "Yeah! This my beach, and it doesn't get any better than this!!!"

Congratulations on your first calling!!! I knew it wouldn't be long before you'd be doing that! :sign_kitelife:

Hello fellow Rev heads...

OMG, what an amazing weekend!! :ani_yahoo: It was great seeing the "old" gang and meeting and flying with the "new gang". Finally, I can put a face with everyone's username. I have to tell you, most sincerely, you are all a genuinely warm and kindhearted bunch. I had so much good, clean fun! OK. Monday afternoon wasn't so clean. With the wind blowing over 25 mph and our lines screaming, I have sand EVERYWHERE... it gets through some clothes. not too clean...nothing a shower or two can't handle.

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom with me to help me improve my flying; it's getting there.

I have tons of photos and video clips. It'll be a few days before I can go through them, but, it should be worth the wait.

Get home safe everyone

Sweet dreams... I know I will, I have this weekend etched into my brain!

Wildwood was amazing this year. You had all types of wind. Great times & great memories. New toys & new friends. I am sure as the pictures start to post the story will unfold.

I had a great time with the Rev Games. Challenging, Skill Building & FUN! I have a lot to learn.

Brad with the octopus and I think I saw Dennis with his scuba diver.

-Alden

Okay, that's pretty funny...the footage with Dennis' diver is actually from last year, as I'm in the video, along with Kelly Mayhew.

My wife tells me this was the happiest she's seen me since the birth of our son...........14 years ago. Can't say that's quite true but WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This weekend was amazing!!!!!

Meeting and placing the names with the faces, the genuiness and friendliness and the helpfullness and the guidance, etc etc etc......truly amazing!!!

Thanks to all who put it together, BEATRIX and company.

Rev Games = amazing! I stunk it up but what fun anyway!

Thanks to Antman for the use of HIS beach and his putting up with me next to him in my first ever mega fly. (hope I didn't mess you up too bad)

Scotty W, a big heartfelt thanks for everything.

IQUAD boys, I bow to you all. Thanks for the tips along the way and for helping me become a better flyer.

To all the kind folks I met this year who also gave their wisdom and tips, I cant wait to fly with you all again!

This weekend was truly amazing!!!!!

It's been a long day but it's good to be home!! It was a great weekend in the Woods. It was great meeting everyone that we see posting here..

Having Scott, Daren and Laura over to the hotel for dinner on Sunday was so much fun!!! Thanks for coming folks and eating some of the meat balls. Come to Florida for some leftovers.

The indoor was awesome. And a big thanks to Scottie for the indoor lessons. Rev games were a lot of fun as well.

I have to say the best part was handing off Steve's Red Dragon to Ben and watching him fly it with a huge smile on his face.

I've posted some pictures in the Gallery.

What a weekend!

It was great!

Sadly I am back to work now rather than flying with all my friends.

At least now I will be reminded every time my phone rings and says "Watch the tram car please!".

I am looking forward to everybody's pictures!

Here's one that John wanted three copies of...

-Alden

post-480-1211937326_thumb.jpg

What a weekend!

It was great!

Sadly I am back to work now rather than flying with all my friends.

At least now I will be reminded every time my phone rings and says "Watch the tram car please!".

I am looking forward to everybody's pictures!

-Alden

Alden, That was hysterical and a great idea to record that as your ringtone. Send it off to the Wildwood Chamber of Commerce. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it.

Ok Folks, I have at least a hundred photos I think are gallery worthy! :? I'm going to have to add things bit by bit. So feel free to check on my progress here (you can enlarge the image by clicking on the "all sizes" icon:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16896184@N05/...57605296628049/

Also I've been adding to this post about tv news video and articles about the Fest:

http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?s=...ost&p=20382

I'll make an announcement when the set is complete. In the meantime enjoy!!! :D

-Alden

Please don't tell me who that is :kid_drool:

I ended up opting out at the last minute due to the expenses of a 380 mi each way trip.

Good thing is the money I had saved for it got me 2 kites :kid_happy: with 2 more on the way.

And yes I finally did give in and get a set of B-Series so the weekend wasn't a total loss after all.

It Sucks I didn't get to meet alot of people I had wanted to but the season isn't over just yet.

It's been a long day but it's good to be home!! It was a great weekend in the Woods. It was great meeting everyone that we see posting here..

Having Scott, Daren and Laura over to the hotel for dinner on Sunday was so much fun!!! Thanks for coming folks and eating some of the meat balls. Come to Florida for some leftovers.

The indoor was awesome. And a big thanks to Scottie for the indoor lessons. Rev games were a lot of fun as well.

I have to say the best part was handing off Steve's Red Dragon to Ben and watching him fly it with a huge smile on his face.

I've posted some pictures in the Gallery.

Hello Sherri, Steve and the wonderful chef :kid_smartass:

It was great meeting you all. Your hospitality was five stars; and the food was wonderful. Thank you so very much! I truly hope to make it down to your neck of the woods in January and fly in your "backyard"...that should be a great time. It was a treat to see your Red Dragon up close and personal; I can understand why it was such a treat to watch Ben fly it!