Wondering about a vented kite?

Wiggle

Question

Hi , everyone..I have a B2, a Rx and a spider. At the moment I seem to be using my Spider the most due to blustery winds. It Feels like the venting helps alot with stability and smoothness of flight.....since buying my Spider I've considered buying a single vented kite? Would there be much difference in flight because of  the mesh? And size of venting?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Hi Wiggle,

If you are looking for even more vented than a spider, I would suggest going for a Super Spider. I have 3 full sets of revs in my bag (Baressi 1.5 STD, Mid Vented and VTD) (RX STD, Spider and Super Spider) (XX STD, Tarantula and Super Tarantula) + the all new Eagle. You can pretty much consider your Spider as a Mid (single) vented, a Super Spider would be between the Full vented (double vented) and Xtra Vented (no longer available, but it's even more vented than the full vented version). I have no problems flying my RX Super Spider in 5-6 BFT wind speeds.

My Revolution XX set

My Revolution RX set

My Revolution 1.5 Baressi set

You can find some photos of our team kites at https://www.unitedwings.eu/

On 3/11/2020 at 5:25 AM, REVflyer said:

Two Bazzers and Five Shook for me,.......

1. Zen

2. AuA indoor

3. SUL B-Pro full sail (or Phoenix Ashe)

4. 40% Shook

5. 75% Shook

6. B-2 Shook (called the CR2, only in a 75%)

7. a 135% Shook

So, you just brought your whole bag :D

Be well!

ha, just saw this Monkey..... Ha, whole bag, not quite.  

I carry about a dozen kites minimum (in the Orvis Full sized Carry-on padded case). It is like a wallet or a cell phone, handy always!

Then there's another bag of excessively sized quads that don't fit or make the cut to the "A" bag.  

Mini-Ryvs? A case for 4 stacks, hard-sider, plastic waffle board lined and Brianne's sewing expertise to turn it into a double sided case.  I can carry half of it or all. each stack is six kites, three are 42 inch LE baby revs by Harold Ames, the last is a 36 inch set by Paul Dugard,... they need 25-40 mph to take off and are a hoot hiding by a structure whilst flying THEM out into that gale.  Each half case holds two stacks of six kites

if I could only have one kite though it would have to be a Zen,... I've abused four of 'em to valueless rags since introduction of that model. Gust buster, no wind long line super reliable demo kite, superb teaching aide, defines the words "slow and graceful" in flight dynamics (for example; axels are timed with sun dials!)

Walking on foot to my local park, at least 14 kites accompany me, together with a dozen sets of handles, lunch (my Barbara is queen of sandwiches!).  I tow a wagon, can't imagine why anyone would try to carry the kite supplies on their back only.

• Like 1