My first Rev. Beyond excited.

Jreeb

Hello everyone! This is Jim in Cincinnati, Ohio. I just ordered my first Rev and I am beyond excited. After years (and I'm talking 20+) of flying my two dual line Top of the Line stunt kites bought in the late 80s, a team hawaiian chevron and a spinoff, I am finally getting the quad line that wanted since seeing the early Revs of the early 90s. Soon (but not nearly soon enough) I will have my beautiful B series Pro std with race rods.

I want to thank all of you for the incredible amount of information and advice that I found here on the Rev Forum. I'd also like to personally thank Dave at the Kite Connection, Kent at the Wind of Change, Dan at Into the Wind, Therese, and Lolly for providing guidance and clarification for this newbie. I had LOTS of questions and everyone I've dealt with in this community has been great. I really appreciate it.

While I wait for my kite to be stitched by the masterful hands at Revolution, I will be creating line sets (first time, yikes. Wish me luck!), learning line management so that I don't end up with a rats nest of LPG, and reviewing all the John Baressi videos that YouTube has to offer. Now I just need to hook up with the handful of fliers in my area. Boy I wish I lived close to the beach.

Should be quite an experience learning to fly on my own. Any tips, suggestions, or words of wisdom/encouragement are welcome and appreciated in advance.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum and Congrats for the purchase :)

You will find loads of info here and on our sister forum kitelife.com where JB has tons of tutorials to get you do those crazy moves the B Pro deserves ;)

Have fun and may all the nicest winds be always in your back

B

great choice, you'll love that kite!

Jeff Burka and I flew 'em yesterday in occasional wind, pretty much a dead calm otherwise on 120 feet of 50#LPG at the Washington Monument. When it got really demanding he switched to a rev2-B on 'bout 20 feet and I fell into my Zen moment on 60 footers.

Bazzer's Pro 1.5 full sail is the first kite out of my bag and last to be put away. Hundreds of abusive hours on it and it still looks great, you will love yours just as much.

Welcome

Congratulations and welcome to the darkside.

B-Pro to start with? I'm green with envy!

Go slow when setting up, take the time to check and double check everything. It will make it a more enjoyable experience. I know how hard it is to take the extra time when the new toy is screaming "fly me, fly me".

Most of all, enjoy.

After messing around a little too long with the colorizer, I decided that I might as well get something that would challenge me for many years to come and look fantastic doing it. I'll display it as a piece of art in my home during the off season, too. (See how easy it is to justify?)

This may well be my version of the mid-life crisis convertible sportscar. Soon I'll be flying my new baby and enjoying the wind blowing through the remaining hair on my head. Life is good.

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments.