Black Bridle line wanted

big bri

Question

I was hopeing some kind sole could point me in the direction of some GOOD QUALITY DACRON[i think its dacron Black Bridle line.I wana strip the core from it and use the outer as fine sleeveing.Weight around 100lb-150lb would be just the ticket.

Ive used Tim Bensons line in the past,but want a full roll now and Tim didnt have much when i e mailed him.

Thanks Gang

BRIAN...

12 answers to this question

You still after that line Bri, what on Earth do you need a whole roll for?

I would have ta kill ya mate if i told ya.

Bob thanks for the PM mate,I need a roll between a few of us. Chalkie only had the quite heavy stuff last time we spoke.I need the Benson quality stuff thats not to heavy.I know Kitebuilder have other coulors,but i want Black.

Any ideas People

BRIAN...

Bob thanks for the PM mate,I need a roll between a few of us. Chalkie only had the quite heavy stuff last time we spoke.I need the Benson quality stuff thats not to heavy.I know Kitebuilder have other coulors,but i want Black.

Any ideas People

BRIAN...

Hang 'Em High Fabrics (Bonnie Marvin) in Richmond, VA.

Hang Em High Fabrics

FA has some good stuff. Same as benson uses. Personally I would. Of give them a single penny of my money, but your choice of course.

Hi Bri,

I've got 130 lb Black Dacron. It's what we make our handle leader lines from. Do you like this ?

Black is no problem.

Be careful, this stuff can bleed.

Lolly

• Like 1

Hi Bri,

I've got 130 lb Black Dacron. It's what we make our handle leader lines from. Do you like this ?

Black is no problem.

Be careful, this stuff can bleed.

Lolly

Thanks for the offer Lolly,but from memory[no std leaders anymore]i think its a little on the heavy side.The 90lb Bridle line would be kewl.I want it for sleeveing mostlyand leaders .

Thanks Lolly

BRIAN...

Any ideas People

BRIAN...

Just wondering if it might be worth letting you kill me just to find out :lol:

If you can not get it this side of the pond Bri I know T at Thekiteshoppe should be able to help you out. I have got a few deliveries from her. Once you strip it out it fits 90lpg just fine.

I think it is 100lb LPG bridle line. Good stuff.

I was hopeing some kind sole could point me in the direction of some GOOD QUALITY DACRON[i think its dacron Black Bridle line.I wana strip the core from it and use the outer as fine sleeveing.Weight around 100lb-150lb would be just the ticket.

Ive used Tim Bensons line in the past,but want a full roll now and Tim didnt have much when i e mailed him.

Thanks Gang

BRIAN...

There is/was a kite shop in Hamburg called Luftpirat that has/had some really thin good dacron sleeving. It came in at least four color variations which is prefect for Revolutions using 90/100lbs(40Kg) lines,

The owner Raimund Dorow speaks absolutely perfect English, more towards the Queens English.

Address is:

Luftpirat

Achtern Felln 21

25474 Hasloh

Telephone:

(0 41 06) 62 74 72

I make no guarantees he still exist in business. All I can suggest is try calling the telephone number.

Attached is a photo showing the sleeving on 40Kg Shanti lines.

What I do is to use the orange/red line for the left(port) hand and the yellow/lime/green line to the right(starboard) hand. Then I have the lighter lines on top and the darker on the bottom. I have my handles setup with the same sleeving for the pigtails.

post-41-1243374445_thumb.jpg

Thanks John,i have the green stuff on the right of your picture,but cant get anymore.Its quite an old sleeveing im told.Myself and Antman chatted about it over in NJ.Earlier this year. Derek[Wufer]has a sample of good black stuff on the way for me to try.If it doesnt workout.I have some great info and PMs to help also on standby.

Its goda B Black,,,

Thanks John,ile check it out

BRIAN...

FA has some good stuff. Same as benson uses. Personally I would. Of give them a single penny of my money, but your choice of course.

Craigs who runs the shop on FA is kewl ,spent quite a few quid with him a while ago.Seems like a Top fella.

The Bridle line your correct on.Its the same as Tim Bensons stuff.I think it actually boasts that fact

I want alot of it though.They tend to supply smaller amounts.A bridles worth at a time realy.

Thanks pal

Have a goodn

BRIAN... :)