Team Clinic @ Kite Henge '09 **SOLD OUT**

KiteLife

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I am a mushroom, no one told me............ :blushing:

Is it a big surprise as to who it is? And whom do I bribe? ;)

I understand he has flown with Amy & Connor Doran, Lisa Willoughby, RX Burner, Walt, & Dean750. Hey Walt you should know this guy,

he even has one of your kite stakes and you flew with him already :huh:

Figure it out yet Walt? :P Played in the River together for a while. ;) His chairs were home base in Lincoln City. ;);)

:lol:

Totally cool. I knew we'd fly again someday. Glad you got all your stuff back. Pretty extreme way to justify 2 new kites though. :lol: Just kidding.

Dean B)

AAAHHHHHHH.......so I see said the blind man to the deaf boy as he grabbed his hammer and saw........... :doh:

I just got the green light from JB. So I took the last spot and the $ are on the way to JB. Will be fun to see everyone :P

Thanks Amy for the confidence and your spot :) Have fun in CA, Congrats again :clap;

Welcome Brett, and thanks Amy. ;)
Cross posting from another thread, bobw found this Kitelife article which talks about grid flying as a team...

http://www.kitelife.com/magazine/issue62/r...s62/content.php

Students, would be good for you to at least take a look... I'll fill in the blanks when we meet up for the clinic. ;)

You Bet JB, I know Brett will have a grand time... I really hope you hold another one of these soon. I think you read my mind about the grid deal. I have not flown one before so I was going to post a question last night about grid flying. I am getting the idea we will be using it at wskif!

Thanks Brett! I am looking forward to it and flying in lots of no wind situations (in between desert rocks here in Bend) lol.

AAAHHHHHHH.......so I see said the blind man to the deaf boy as he grabbed his hammer and saw........... :doh:

I must admit, this almost makes me more comfortable than you next to a lathe while wearing a hoodie. :lol:

Dean :blushing:

Yes, the GRID will be in play at WSIKF... Almost requisite with 40 fliers.

The clinic will acclimate 21 pilots to the concept, which will allow us (as a group) to get everyone else working with it.

Portsmouth was almost taught on the fly, I'd like to be better prepared, having had the chance to try it with a god sized group beforehand.

Yes, the GRID will be in play at WSIKF... Almost requisite with 40 fliers.

The clinic will acclimate 21 pilots to the concept, which will allow us (as a group) to get everyone else working with it.

Portsmouth was almost taught on the fly, I'd like to be better prepared, having had the chance to try it with a god sized group beforehand.

I missed this post previously, especially the reference to a deity. <grins>

Were you referring to the clinic 'on the fly'?

Felix

Actually, meant GOOD sized group. :)

Yes, of course, I realised that but was interested to know if you were referring to dealing with Mega Team flying in the clinic or the fact that we had just done the whole thing un-rehearsed, largely, at the festival, as in on the fly!

Felix

Our mega team curriculum is a bit undeveloped at this point to be frank... It's a team clinic first, with mega team content.

Remember, as for Rev teams in North America, iQuad is the first one to prolific since High Performance in the early 90s, as opposed to Europe which has had several veteran teams for a number of years... Up until now, we've been busy building the flier base, we're just now reaching a point where we have a large stable of solid team fliers.

My main interest is to solidify the etiquette (LE down, no "freewheeling" in the sky while getting a team ready, relative silence on the line, etc)... Other than that, its pretty wide open and mainly comes down to essential team skills in large and small groups.

Myself, I'll be using it as an opportunity to teach three selected pilots captaining skills, and so I can learn and develop grid maneuvers... I understand the grid formula, but haven't had an opportunity to put it in into practice and learn transitions with a stable group as a caller yet.

For the grid at this clinic, looks like we'll have five columns of four, or four columns of five.

<snip>

For the grid at this clinic, looks like we'll have five columns of four, or four columns of five.

Sounds good. Thinking ahead, if we ever get there, 4 teams of 25 working in parallel might well need a local leader <grins>

Felix