Team Clinic @ Kite Henge '09 **SOLD OUT**

KiteLife

John, having me seen fly, do you think I would be too much of a burden at this clinic? I promise to do my homework daily on the beaches in Cancun. Let me know :blushing:

Manny your more than ready for the madness.

Come join the throng.

Bazzer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how many fliers we'll have for the team clinic, but certainly for WSIKF we'll want to be familiar with the grid concept.

Some wicked video...

I'm not half as adept at it as Mr Hoath, but everyone seemed to respond well at our last clinic.

It feels odd the first few times, as the whole dimension of the window and flier positioning changes a bit. :)

I still need to talk to my mom, and get a job to save up for gas and admission. There are a couple of rev flyers in Spokane, but they rarely get out, and I don't think they are ready for a Team Clinic. However, if there is someone along the way from Spokane, I'd be happy to pick you up and split gas cost and such.

Not sure how many fliers we'll have for the team clinic, but certainly for WSIKF we'll want to be familiar with the grid concept.

Some wicked video...

I'm not half as adept at it as Mr Hoath, but everyone seemed to respond well at our last clinic.

It feels odd the first few times, as the whole dimension of the window and flier positioning changes a bit. :)

This is f#@**()& AMAZING

It's much easier than it looks... Keeping track of the group is much harder than flying one position. ;)

For an example, lock into one kite visually and stick with it through one of those videos... You'll see how little movement is actually required.

After watching this mega flight I had an idea you can spin around in your head. A coreographed (sp?) mega flight to the music of Beethooven's 9th symphony. One kite for each instrument! RevI s for the larger instruments, 1.5s for the medium sized and 2s for the little fast violins. Watty's MiniRev could be the triangle, the one that makes "ping". That makes about, what? 50-80 kites for the orchestra depending on what kind of orchestra(Classic or Modern). Now for the choir you will need an additional 50-60 kites. Preferably in black and white. Something to do for Bazzer. Get that little machine of yours buzzing :P You think you can get that organized for Long Beach this fall?

Ok. I might have gone a little overboard here. You can skip the MiniRev, but the rest should be doable. :devil:

Update

My mom doesn't like the idea of me driving over to Tacoma by myself, so if everything works out she will either be going with me, or I will not be going. In the event that she will be coming, we will end up staying at my aunt's home (I have not seen this aunt in over 5 years :unsure: .) We may even end up bringing my 2 year old little brother. Fortunately things are looking up, but there is no definite yes or no.

Just had it pointed out to me, Monday after the team clinic is a work holiday.

Two choices...

1. Move to Sat/Sun/Mon (drop Fri)

2. Expand, to make it Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon

I'll be out there on Friday regardless, but I'd like to get input from y'all on this. ;)

Thoughts?

Just had it pointed out to me, Monday after the team clinic is a work holiday.

Two choices...

1. Move to Sat/Sun/Mon (drop Fri)

2. Expand, to make it Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon

I'll be out there on Friday regardless, but I'd like to get input from y'all on this. ;)

Thoughts?

No work holiday in Canada :angry: John, so I'd rather have it as originally planned.

Cheers

Mario