indoor rev fliers in the UK

Martyjuggles

Hi Everyone

I'm a keen Rev flier and also juggler living in North Wales but closely affiliated with the Nottingham Juggling Scene. I''ve been a core member of teams organising a number of National Juggling Events including the British Juggling Convention 2007 in Nottingham, The Party on the Pier in North Wales and the Annual one day event in Nottingham (Nott Another Juggling Convention).

This year i'm keen to ally my two hobbies within the evening show of the Nottingham Event and am appealing to the readers of this forum to give me some guidance. The show has traditionally consisted of various acts from the worlds of juggling, circus, dance and even roller disco in one instance, and i KNOW that kites are among the toys of choice for many jugglers. However, i also know that indoor rev flying will be something no-one will have seen and will blow people's minds!

Is anyone on here a UK based indoor kiter wishing to show off their skills, or can anyone on here give me the contact details of suitable people to approach, to do a 3-7 minute show piece to music to an audience of approx 150-200. Ceiling height is good as this is vital for the jugglers. If you want to contact me off-list to discuss requirements/ expenses etc you can contact me at madATjuggler.net

There is major kudos to be had within the juggling community - it may also open up the opportunity to perform at other similar events.

Any help GREATLY appreciated

Thanks

Marty

Pay for a plane and I'm there :P . I'll even through in a bit of juggling (Yes, I can juggle, but nothing fancy)

I am not aware of any indoor rev fliers in the UK, but I don't know of many indoor kite fliers...

Hi Watty, there are loads of Indoor Rev flyers...

Jonathon Harris, James Robertshaw, Carl Robertshaw, Chris Goff, Nic Boothby (anyone in the Decs is skilled enough, but may not have done it.) Chris Matheson, Paul Hankin, Luca D, Dave Ellison and lets not foget Andy "the godfather" Preston.

Most of those have been doing it for over a decade, the main problem is location. These are pretty much all south of London & its probably quicker for you to fly over :-)

Jonathon Harris, James Robertshaw, Carl Robertshaw, Chris Goff, Nic Boothby (anyone in the Decs is skilled enough, but may not have done it.) Chris Matheson, Paul Hankin, Luca D, Dave Ellison and lets not foget Andy "the godfather" Preston.

Most of those have been doing it for over a decade, the main problem is location. These are pretty much all south of London & its probably quicker for you to fly over :-)

You can add yourself(Simon Dann) who shares the World's record with James Robertshaw for time flown non-stop indoors.

You can add Guido Maiocchi and his wife Olga from Italy. Guido is the by far the best I have ever seen flying indoors whether live or on videos.

I myself started indoor flying back around 1992/93 though I am not that good at it. I have flown in a tiny tennis hall in Denmark, that was no higher then two lengths of a REV I. I flew in the German museum between and F4 Phantom and an F104 Starfighter. I flew in a shopping center in Vienna Austria. I have weaved amongst trees where the Rev had to be rotated to fit through at a park in Munich, Germany. I flew though the dinner hanger at the German Kite Nationals I think in 1995 with all seats filled and everyone eating. That go a lot of cheers. However since about 1996 I have not flown much indoors anymore. Age started to creep up, upon me. I don't hold any records, but I have flown in some weird places.

You can add yourself(Simon Dann) who shares the World's record with James Robertshaw for time flown non-stop indoors.

You can add Guido Maiocchi and his wife Olga from Italy. Guido is the by far the best I have ever seen flying indoors whether live or on videos.

I myself started indoor flying back around 1992/93 though I am not that good at it. I have flown in a tiny tennis hall in Denmark, that was no higher then two lengths of a REV I. I flew in the German museum between and F4 Phantom and an F104 Starfighter. I flew in a shopping center in Vienna Austria. I have weaved amongst trees where the Rev had to be rotated to fit through at a park in Munich, Germany. I flew though the dinner hanger at the German Kite Nationals I think in 1995 with all seats filled and everyone eating. That go a lot of cheers. However since about 1996 I have not flown much indoors anymore. Age started to creep up, upon me. I don't hold any records, but I have flown in some weird places.

But neither your or guido are in the Uk which is what the poster wanted. There are after all some amazing 4 line indoor flyers in Belgium who dont fly outside. So us mainstream guys may never have seen them. I only saw them when I judged an event a few years back. I've never seen anyting like it those guys were sooo good. So time to plug Karl Overlat and his 2 line routine, the only routine I've seen anywhere that I still remember and am still amazed by. Ok hi jack over. I'm out of here...

But neither your or guido are in the Uk which is what the poster wanted. There are after all some amazing 4 line indoor flyers in Belgium who dont fly outside. So us mainstream guys may never have seen them. I only saw them when I judged an event a few years back. I've never seen anyting like it those guys were sooo good. So time to plug Karl Overlat and his 2 line routine, the only routine I've seen anywhere that I still remember and am still amazed by. Ok hi jack over. I'm out of here...

Sorry, I did not catch the first post on this thread.

Okay scratch Guido, Olga and me. We don't live in the UK.

Hi Everyone - thanks for responses so far

Simon - You seem to know a few possible's there - any chance you've got any idea how i make contact?? Or whether you'd be up for dusting of your indoor skills?

Watty - having seen your vids i'd love to get you over but not sure our budget will stretch that far on this occasion but just out of interest, where would you be flying from?

Thanks

Martin

Simon - You seem to know a few possible's there - any chance you've got any idea how i make contact?? Or whether you'd be up for dusting of your indoor skills?

Watty - having seen your vids i'd love to get you over but not sure our budget will stretch that far on this occasion but just out of interest, where would you be flying from?

Thanks

Martin

I have passed this on to Chris Goff so we will see

Thanks

Martin

I would be flying from Spokane, WA USA