Original style Super Blast

SmokeMan

Question

I just bought a used Super Blast. I think the bridle is missing pieces. Could someone post a picture of complete bridle and where can I get a replacement? Also, there are two rubber rings on the LE ends, what are they for and where do they go? They're about 1/4in wide, one is one the LE and one is on the end cap.

Thanks,

George

4 answers to this question

On the Super Blast (Now called the Power Blast 2-4), The bridle had a down-line that ran from the top bridle to the one of the bottom bridles, one down-line on each side.  Some people took this line off and said the kite had a little better precision without it.  It flies fine with or without the down-line.  Is this what you are talking about?

If you do need a new bridle, we have them in stock.

http://www.awindofchange.com/product/rev-bridle.html

As for the rubber washers/spacers.  Those go onto the leading edge end caps.  Their purpose is to protect the bridle line from being cut by the larger leading edge rod.  You should have one spacer on each end cap on the leading edge.  (two total on the kite).  Sometimes this spacer gets pushed off and it falls onto the bridle line, just move it back to where it goes when you see it.

http://www.awindofchange.com/product/rev-stopper.html

• Thanks 1

Funny I was just on you website looking for these very items. I was confused once I seen that the washers were in different locations. I expect that they shouldn't come off too easily? I'm ordering a couple sets. As for the Bridle, that is just what I was referring to. I'll fly it without the down-line for now.

Will a 1.5 SLE leading edge work in the Super Blast? Let me explain. I picked up a used 1.5 SLE and it only has the larger tube LE. I determined this by fitting the end cap inside the tube. My SB only has the higher wind LE as determined by the end cap fitting inside the LE. I would to get just one complete LE and share it between the two kites. Is this possible?

REVflyer is correct.  The leading edges are different lengths and will not interchange.  The Super Blast leading edge is also stronger/stiffer than the 1.5 SLE leading edge, even though they might be labeled the same.

We have several different frames available for your 1.5.  You may want to change out the SLE leading edge  for the standard 1/4" leading edge.  It gives the kite a lot more precision and takes some of the quickness out.  If you decide to do this, all you need is the three pieces, just slide the SLE rod out and insert the 1/4" rods in its place.  End caps still work just fine and will fit over the rod instead of inside it.

Hope this helps.