Wildwood Fun Flys

Gaiiden

YAY, it's almost time for the Rev flyin' Extravaganza Weekend!!!!!!! I am so excited. Aerochic, you're killin' us here. Bring the cousin and the baby along, we'll get them flyin' too. Hehehe.

I knowwwwww, it's killing me too! I want to fly with y'all! :'(

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

areo chic this will makt things worse but im on the weather stations all the time and they are saying a nice weekend i upon us sunny 79 degrees all 3 days :kid_devlish: the best weather yet

I knowwwwwwwww!!! Ahhhhh!

Are you guys going to be there all weekend or just Saturday?

One of these days I'm just going to show up and none of you will believe it's me. :blue_wink:

Okay folks! Picture time! Though this weekend was fun-filled and tons of flying with awesome winds, we didn't take many pictures cause we were too busy flying nonstop!! Friday Ang and I tried to get in some night flying but the winds were completly nonexistent when we reached the shore that evening. Saturday we met up with nobodyspecial, rawveeda and Brad for some intense flying in 14-15mph winds occasionally gusting up to 18-20mph for extended periods. Yea, Ang and I both got some major air with our foils - if Antman had been there with his Blade 4.7 mkIII I might have finally suceeded in killing myself :P Sunday brought out the Wildwood Ambassador himself, Antman along with Brad once again for some relatively relaxed flying in winds hovering between 8mph and 12mph. Antman and I broke out the Prism Microns for some fast-whipping action (tho I wish I had brought mine out with me on Sat!). Today they also had a mini-kite fest going on - Cabrini college was handing out free diamond kites with their logo on it, there were some Premier Kite banners up and a bunch of monster single line kites. That night Ang, Antman and myself finally got to do some night flying alongside the boardwalk. Ang and I realized that we both had the same set of lights that we had bought years ago (you can't find em anymore) that were originally made for deltas but they worked awesome on our Revs after srapping the battery pack to the center bridle loop and running the lights across the leading edge and down the vertical spars. We were the hit of the boardwalk! Antman and I played around with tons of people up on the boards. My favorite was to hover the kite over some people (updside down, rightside up, sideways) and get them attracted to the rail, then I'd take a few steps back and snap the kite high up into the sky, tunr it over and do a dive and stop right in front of their faces (but safely out of reach). I got a least one person to scream every time and a few would duck and cover their heads :kid_devlish: Rev got some good publicity - people were asking left and right where they could get one, and one group actually told Ang that they had walked over from like 2 blocks away inland to see what the lights in the sky were. I wish I could night fly there every nite! Monday was just me Ang and Antman, and we didn't last too long after a whole weekend of flying. Antman and I abused the boards one last time and we packed it all in.

I'm sure everyone else will have their own stories to add, and there's some further discussion about this weekend as well:

reved up for a wildwood weekend

saturday at wildwood

Last but not least - Pictars!!!

post-1069-1188881977_thumb.jpg

Someone's happy to be on the beach flying!! Hells yea!

post-1069-1188881986_thumb.jpg

Giving the Micron a workout

post-1069-1188881991_thumb.jpg

The real stallion prepares to take off on a beer run. "Hi ho Silver!!"

post-1069-1188881996_thumb.jpg

"AWAY!!!!"

post-1069-1188882002_thumb.jpg

Finger lights ain't got nothing on us baby!!!

post-1069-1188882008_thumb.jpg

Here are the lights that were attracting people from blocks away

post-1069-1188882014_thumb.jpg

Antman having some fun over the parking lot - can you spy the kite?

BTW - I edited my original post and changed the title of this topic - the official Wildwood fly thread has begun! Too bad it'll be mostly dormant now till next year... :P

very nice work gaiidan .... boy il tell ya what a great weekend wind and weather wise .. now we got our fall plans in the works for both a sandy hool fly and liberty park fly in october im working on when i can get everybody to get to those spots in time i will have it.. all in all it has been a great summer thanks to all that have come to my beach and have given me the best summer of kiteflying ive had in years ...ang, gaiidan. rawveeda rc dude , brad and rdzl 23 you guys rock man... hats off to yuo all.. i look at the bike shots .. boy that seat must be happy when i get off it lol...but hey wildwood in the summer you need it to get around see you all next fly :sign_kitelife: