Easter Blackheath 2010

Felix

might be able to attend.All depends on work as they are changing the shift patterns I work.

Hmmm... On reflection I may not be able to be there myself as the following weekend is the start of Berck. The week after Berck is Cervia!

Felix

If this does happen I think a few from North East may be up for it Felix............would we need passports and translators again<grins>

Hi Vince,

I had 'forgotten' that it is only 3 weeks away and I am away for the 3 weeks afterwards! <grins>

I had wondered about the Blackheath Kite Festival weekend but have been told that there may be issues...

It may be best to wait until the festival season is over, something to brighten the shorter days later in the year.

If it isn't 'd a r n s a u f' maybe somewhere in the Midlands would be good?

Felix

That sounds like a good idea Felix........................... its all down South from hear.

Someone asked how many (EDIT) 'competent' fliers we could get together in the UK? I'm wondering if that could be a focus... <grins>

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

We have a date clash for your festival at Blackheath in summere[we meaning T4M]or we intended to come and suprise ya.May still happen anyways.Ive been diying to see them ther GOOOOSES...kid_devlish.gif

Im sure the lads would love a trip down your neck of the woods.Please let us know .We can arrange passports and a translator.

As for Berk[its 60/40 against atm]

As for WSIKF[as above]

BRIAN...

We have a date clash for your festival at Blackheath in summere[we meaning T4M]or we intended to come and suprise ya.May still happen anyways.Ive been diying to see them ther GOOOOSES...kid_devlish.gif

Im sure the lads would love a trip down your neck of the woods.Please let us know .We can arrange passports and a translator.

As for Berk[its 60/40 against atm]

As for WSIKF[as above]

BRIAN...

Hi Brian,

The Canadian Geese are not usually evident in the Summer. We had a couple of fly pasts last Sunday but they have not been grazing so conditions underfoot have been OK.

Are you thinking of going to Rougham, Washington (again) Portsmouth or Bristol? There are space issues at all of them in practice so an independent venue may be best.

I wonder if a late July gathering at Blackheath would work?

Felix

It is a big field at Rougham, true it is well used but I'm thinking that if the organisers were approached early enough with the promise of a significant Rev showing they may be persuaded to juggle thing a bit and make room for us. There is camping on site which would keep costs down for many. It could be a good weekend. Maybe all it would need is for somebody of repute to make an approach.

I like Rougham, I don’t like to miss it, it marks the start of the season for me.

It is a big field at Rougham, true it is well used but I'm thinking that if the organisers were approached early enough with the promise of a significant Rev showing they may be persuaded to juggle thing a bit and make room for us. There is camping on site which would keep costs down for many. It could be a good weekend. Maybe all it would need is for somebody of repute to make an approach.

I like Rougham, I don't like to miss it, it marks the start of the season for me.

So, if c50 fliers step up to the mark I would be delighted to 'claim repute' and make an approach...

Felix

Rougham is the 15th & 16th on kitcalendar.We dont seem to have anything on our events for that weekend.I shall put it to the Democratic vote at the weekend practice.Paul reckons its a dictatorship,so hes going alreadyblue_wink.gif .

Thing is at that time of year.Its good to just have a weekend at home and go to IKEA or do a bita MOWING THE LAWN......kid_devlish.gif

BRIAN...

Hello all

I could send a few emails to various people to see what the layout for Rougham is this year,and if there is going to be enough room for a potential showing of 50 rev flyers.As it is not just a kite festival,but 4x4 show aswell

I have sent an email to Martin Corrie from the Suffolk kite flyers,to try and find out what the arena set up is for rougham this year.As there is potential for a lot of rev flyers to be there,and would there be enough room for us to set up and practice on a certain part of the airfield

Edited by dazlarsen

I have sent an email to Martin Corrie from the Suffolk kite flyers,to try and find out what the arena set up is for rougham this year.As there is potential for a lot of rev flyers to be there,and would there be enough room for us to set up and practice on a certain part of the airfield

Thanks for that. I think that when you get a response you should start a new thread/topic. I would close this one by saying that I will probably be on Blackheath on Easter Sunday with some of the Decs and friends.

We are also doing a team meet on Saturday 27th March mid afternoon and Sunday 28th March 10am onwards...

(And then Berck and Cervia... <grins>)

Felix