Ideal festival base tent

bazzeb

To add to this, Dieppe banned cabanas, tents etc a number of years ago from the arenas. Equally though they do have better barriers for some security. It's a thorny problem, best options is usually to allow tents on the side of the field the public don't frequent. The other option is as was done at Sunderland, a corridor for the public to get in front of the tents, I liked that but it did need extra space. It also meant that the pesky rev fliers didn't leave their kites littering the arena all day :-)

Interesting to learn that Dieppe banned cabanas. The Washington set-up with corridors has been like that since 1988 in my recollection. There has been an accumulation of constructions at the audience end in recent years.

In more recent years also I believe that Revolution fliers spend more time in the air, not on the ground. <grins>

Felix

The tent in the first post would tick the boxes though.

You just have to laeve all the doors un zipped so the wind can blow straight through :)

Flags significantly disrupt airflow, people disrupt airflow, what is this magic tent you talk of?

Felix

Its not so Magic.Baloo for once is incorrect.Ther are only two sides that fully unzip on that model.

Parking and tenting in and around the arenas ive been guilty of,but hadnt thought realy,what effecy we all may have.Certainly will consider this more in future.

BRIAN...

Its not so Magic.Baloo for once is incorrect.Ther are only two sides that fully unzip on that model.

Parking and tenting in and around the arenas ive been guilty of,but hadnt thought realy,what effecy we all may have.Certainly will consider this more in future.

BRIAN...

Thanks Brian,

I am not intent (grins) of pointing fingers but let's address this before the festival organisers surround us with 100ft inflatables and then ask us why we cannot fly our kites.

Felix

And you should know better...

There is no such thing as a 'humble Rev Flier'.

They are all 'especially gifted'....

Felix

"Rev pilots... never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villany…," Obi-rev Zen-obi (apologies to Obiwan Kenobi)

Sorta makes you proud, don't it???

I feel THAT guilty about disturbing all the fliers wind by pitching my tent at the edge of the arena that I am putting all my tents etc on E-Bay

any takers ?

Hey Baz,

Just keep them for the 'not festival' days. No problem then...

Felix

I feel THAT guilty about disturbing all the fliers wind by pitching my tent at the edge of the arena that I am putting all my tents etc on E-Bay

any takers ?

G'day cobber, next time could you ring after dark, we were right in the middle of some tricky team stuff when Daz's phone went off.....yeh....no bloody phones on the flying field either...that'ud do for the New Year stuff.

Putting them on Ebay eh...quite right too, you should have done it ages ago........ummm ......have you got one around 7ft tall and about 12 ft wide with a safe built in? Could be interested in one like that for going back up north, I want to fly from the inside next time.

<snip>

Putting them on Ebay eh...quite right too, you should have done it ages ago........ummm ......have you got one around 7ft tall and about 12 ft wide with a safe built in? Could be interested in one like that for going back up north, I want to fly from the inside next time.

Do you need a safe built in up north? I thought they were civilised up there or do you know something different?

Felix

G'day cobber, next time could you ring after dark, we were right in the middle of some tricky team stuff when Daz's phone went off.....yeh....no bloody phones on the flying field either...that'ud do for the New Year stuff.

Hiya Bruce

sorry to have interupted your team flying today - hope you had a good one,give Colin my best

BUT

(i'll whisper this) I am trying to get one of those wind interupters for Daz from Decathlon - I was just keping him informed

When I go tomorrow I will see if they have a 12 foot wide super wind interupter in stock

let ya know tomorrow

Cheers all

No I need the safe built in before I leave, I came away from the North with quite a lot more than I went with, they might have noticed and attempt recovery.

I beleive the package of goods arrived ok.Dont be fooled into a false sense of security or into thinking ther actually realy what they apear tobe

Trust no one,suspect everyone

Your now Bugged and Videoed 24-7 and that scratching noise isnt your new hearing aid bedding in.Its our kit tunneling its way back home,with your mega vent plans.

BRIAN...

• Like 1

Ooops, gotta red card now, been sent orf by the humourless referee, see ya'all someplace else.

Cheers Bruce

Ps

Nothing wrong with "Sheltered Accomodation", I will probably be soon in some myself, wonderfull thing this "Care in the Community" ain't it Felix.tongue.gif

You are quite right! The other thing that we see is people insisting on driving their cars up to the flying field edge and hoping that the organisers will not ask them to remove them.

I have sympathies for the *huge* SLK inflatables where a solid anchor is needed. Some festivals do indeed provide anchor points.

However, for the main arena, there is typically one prime viewing zone - directly upwind of the 'performers' and it would seem fair this be mandated as a tent-free zone. The only logistical issue is knowing months in advance which way the wind will blow on festival days!

I have sympathies for the *huge* SLK inflatables where a solid anchor is needed. Some festivals do indeed provide anchor points.

However, for the main arena, there is typically one prime viewing zone - directly upwind of the 'performers' and it would seem fair this be mandated as a tent-free zone. The only logistical issue is knowing months in advance which way the wind will blow on festival days!

Andy,

I would not get into a conversation about those large inflatable things even if they have a SLK holding them up. <grins>

A sense of proportion may be helpful in respect of shelter and security of equipment...

Felix

Well folks

been to Decathlon today for another wind interupter for Daz Larsen

they are still £29.95 but only had grey coloured ones in stock (still showing £79 on the net)

even after I took one for Daz there was still about 8 left

we will soon have enough of these to build a wall around the arena at Portsmouth lol

Edited by BAZ

<snip>

we will soon have enough of these to build a wall around the arena at Portsmouth lol

When those 'boats' go past who needs a wall?

At low tide there is a big one in place anyway...

Still, just shows what can be done in the face of adversity. <grins>EDIT

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

Well folks

been to Decathlon today for another wind interupter for Daz Larsen

they are still £29.95 but only had grey coloured ones in stock (still showing £79 on the net)

even after I took one for Daz there was still about 8 left

you wasn't supposed to tell everyone,we will have to get the IROS (international register of obstructive shelters)together to sort this problem out.But the price of £30,you can't go wrong,and they dont just have to be used at festivals.

you wasn't supposed to tell everyone,we will have to get the IROS (international register of obstructive shelters)together to sort this problem out.But the price of £30,you can't go wrong,and they dont just have to be used at festivals.

Best to avoid getting IRATE involved <grins>

Felix