basic set up

cordover

Question

In "helping"me set up, my kid untied the harness along the leading edge from the vertical line from the lower point of the kite to the leading edge.

Am I correct that the upper most knot of the vertical line attaches with a larks head just behind the long pigtail on each side of the line that extends along the leading edge? I've tried to look at some pictures and at the DVD that came with the kite. Is there a place in the site that displays the harness set up, or is it just as simple as I suspect?

Thanks.

Mitch

6 answers to this question

Black line runs from the top of the kite to the bottom. The double red line is the pigtail that you tie your flying lines to, the other end goes towards the center of the kite and to one wing tip.

What you need to do is poke the black line through the main flying line pigtail from the underside, then open the black line and re-stuff the pigtail line through it. Pull it tight and attach your flying lines.

If you can, compare it from the right side of the kite to the left side. It should be the exact same.

Hope that helps.

Black line runs from the top of the kite to the bottom. The double red line is the pigtail that you tie your flying lines to, the other end goes towards the center of the kite and to one wing tip.

What you need to do is poke the black line through the main flying line pigtail from the underside, then open the black line and re-stuff the pigtail line through it. Pull it tight and attach your flying lines.

If you can, compare it from the right side of the kite to the left side. It should be the exact same.

Hope that helps.

That is a tremendous help. Thank you! the picture is precisely what I needed.

Mitch

It probably is...if only that shot was wide enough to show the pigtail and where that line ends, that would be a perfect reference pic.

thanks for that advice,I've recently bought my first rev and I knew my bridle set up wasn't correct ( it also snapped a spar on it's maiden outing,so It's not much fun at the moment !)

I can't wait to actually FLY it :)