Well, busted my first rod today!!

Baloo

I found out that Professional Use Only rods dont like being smashed into the ground at about 5,000 mph or so. Just poped into 3 pieces as easy as that.

I knew I should have put a B series up but so wanted to try out my new Sedgwick. Had a 3 wrap in the LE and 2 wrap verticals. Caught a gust, over compensated and POP.

Good job I bought a 2 and 3 wrap frame with a 4 wrap LE as an add on.

On the good side did a couple of intentional flick flacks with the B after I put the Sedgewick away. Still cant get the hang of the Bicycle turns though. Get it half way then it gos all wrong.

Oh well back to the practice board.

I found out that Professional Use Only rods dont like being smashed into the ground at about 5,000 mph or so. Just poped into 3 pieces as easy as that.

I knew I should have put a B series up but so wanted to try out my new Sedgwick. Had a 3 wrap in the LE and 2 wrap verticals. Caught a gust, over compensated and POP.

Good job I bought a 2 and 3 wrap frame with a 4 wrap LE as an add on.

On the good side did a couple of intentional flick flacks with the B after I put the Sedgewick away. Still cant get the hang of the Bicycle turns though. Get it half way then it gos all wrong.

Oh well back to the practice board.

I remember breaking my first "Professional Use Only" rod, it exploded like a gun going off breaking in 5 almost equal length pieces. It was simply flown way outside it's maximum designed limits.

About a year later a friend of mine broke all five of his "Professional Use Only" rods at once. He stepped on the kite in it's bag at home.

He is a big guy, may Brian's size, but can hardly see without glasses.

I flew my custom progressive stack early on for the first time in a good wind,WAW,nice kite ,,,,didnt break anything ,,,,near broke my wrists when the wind gave me a wake up at around a 12mph,,,

BRIAN,,back to the cams

I did break my right arm back in December 1995 flying a REV II on an icy surfaced grass. My arm was casted for 5 weeks thus no REV flying all that time.