Kite Fest Louisiane' 2010 April 9th-11th ! Cloud chasers and The Rev Riders !!

SKYWLKR

Wow, Joe, hope you're feeling better and can kick that cough. Leslie, if you're reading this- make Joe get some rest so he can get better!

KFL was SO MUCH FUN! I'm home now, nursing my sunburned feet. And then the dogs rushed up to greet me, and stepped right on the worst part of my sunburn. :censored: But it's all good... I certainly hated to see the festival end, but already planning next year. Rev Riders- y'all totally rocked! Flying both teams together was genius, and a lot of fun- someone post the video! The only part I didn't enjoy was the times I had to stop having so much fun because I've been advised to get some sleep. LOL

It was so great to meet all of you face to face. We definitely created some fun memories! And I had a great time flying with you as well on Revs.

Joe, you put on a hell of a party along with Sharon and Kathy. Looking forward to next year for our Rev Riders/ Austin EOL reunion. Hoping more of Quadzilla can be there as well (I'll work on that).

Edited by dagnabbit

Hello All-

Got back late last night .... or early this morning. wacko.gif I truly had a great time! As always, I took quite a bit of video and photos. There's some really cool things that we all did! After I chill a bit, I'll get on it.

I have to thank Joe, Kathy and Sharon and the rest of the gang, as well, for all of their wonderful southern hospitality. YOU ALL helped make this one a very special event for myself and the team.

EOL, you guys ROCK! What a blast hanging with you all and flying team and all of the fun stuff ............wink.gifbiggrin.gifcool.gif ...... we'll share it with everyone soon!

"Go Big or Go Home" .... what a great bunch of people! I had a blast hanging and flying with you guys! Can't wait to do it again.

Thank you all for a really awesome time!

Photos and videos to follow.... at some point..cool.gif

Hi Guys-

Here's a link to some fun flying.

We had no wind for Friday night's night fly.

Sooooooooooo.....

Rich started out by flying off the back of the Sherriff's quad (ATV). Now, fondly called, "Quad Quadding" kid_devlish.gif .

So, that was great, but we took it a bit further....

After EOL did some dual line off the back of the golf carts and "Go Big or Go Home" flew a big power lifter from it, the Rev Riders decided to do our team flying off the back of a pair of golf carts! What a frick'n blast!!! Blenders, threads, twister, etc., in the dark with some extremely cool lights on the Revs.

The videos in the dark didn't come out well; but here's, basically, what we did.

Some photos will follow.

Enjoy.... (WE DID!!!!!)

Edited by Kitelife

Hello All-

We arrived Thursday evening and started out at a cool place called Boutin's where we tried Crawfish and alligator and yes.... the gator tastes like CHICKEN! LOL

Scott and Darren really chowed down on the crawfish and got pretty good at peeling 'em. Nope, I never did suck the heads of those things, but I did try the tail. A little tail action never hurts!

These posted a bit out of order, so the first two was from the night fly on Friday.

post-2058-127156063529_thumb.jpg Rich "Quad Quadding"

post-2058-127156088441_thumb.jpg Rich in action.... "Quad Quadding"

post-2058-12715603679_thumb.jpg The gang at Boutin's...

post-2058-127156038495_thumb.jpg Scott and Darren showing how to do a Crawfish.... eat them, that is!

post-2058-127156061815_thumb.jpg Crawfish Revving???????

post-2058-12715609885_thumb.jpg Rich's quad action...

post-2058-127156110164_thumb.jpg Scott's axil action

post-2058-127156112571_thumb.jpg Scott flying from the golf cart....

post-2058-127156115669_thumb.jpg More Rev Quad action...

Edited by Love2fly

Here's some more....

post-2058-127156187016_thumb.jpg ... more "Quad Quadding" with Scott in action...

post-2058-127156190561_thumb.jpg Darren having a go the quad quadding; while a couple of the EOL guys were dualing from the quad, too.

post-2058-127156194592_thumb.jpg Our team kites "posing" with the lights! kid_smartass.gif

post-2058-127156227696_thumb.jpg This gentleman's name is "Blue" (not sure of the spelling). He so enjoyed what we were doing that he came back on Sunday to watch again and share his photos. He absolutely loved Rich landing on his head. His expectations were higher on Sunday. After I "warmed up" with landing on his head, he had me do a tipstand on his fingertip! He was very impressed by it all!

post-2058-127156229385_thumb.jpg Team Rev Riders balling up above a sponsor's sign.

post-2058-127156232195_thumb.jpg As if Sammy and Darren didn't run enough, Sammy challanged Darren to a Bol Race. Sammy did win, but Darren did well for someone TWICE Sammy's age!!!!

Finally-

post-2058-127156312358_thumb.jpg The "Barnicle Bill Story" came full circle as Rich and Ben met here. For those of you that didn't follow the story, Barnicle Bill was loaned to Ben from Rich last year. That kite had met its demise after a "barnicle ambush" kid_smartass.gif in NJ. However, Alden did some of his magic and his surgery was a success, revivng Barnicle Bill!

post-2058-127156314569_thumb.jpg ... and yet, another type of Quad action. Rich and Sammy did some "dosey does" on these babies! lol

post-2058-127156317225_thumb.jpg

post-2058-127156319694_thumb.jpg Third from the left, on top is "Quadzilla". He's been flying for many years. Aside from "our gang", "Go Big or Go Home" crew is in this photo with us. They are a great bunch of people and a couple of them fly Revs a bit, too!

Thank you, all, for a great time.

Here is the Quad Quading video, this stuff was too much fun!!! The Quad team routine via golf carts with kite lights and a R/C UFO flying around was surreal. Someone has a good video of it but I don't remember whom it was... not sure why though...

We had an Absolute blast having ya'll down! Thanks guys!

Edited by Kitelife