Lines: Equalizing and Sleeving

airin

Question

I am wondering what the best way of equalizing a set of lines is? I have some dual lines where one line has stretched and also a set of quad lines that were broken which I am now turning into dual lines. What's the most foolproof (and idiot proof) method of getting the lines even and knotted?

As well, I don't currently have a sleeving kite but I do have some salvaged sleeving I can use. What can I use to thread the line through the sleeving?

thanks for your help,

Erin

here's the construction diagram (for the 1point6 bridle board) but without the directions to tie, it's not much use to you, yet!

There are also directions for the installation attached,.... I've made a lot of these over the years for different folks, so I just mail 'em the 3 pieces, they install and tune it themselves. The board's lay-out is specifically designed for 100# hi-test bridle line. I've done 90# spectra only bridles too, but you have guess-timate the difference in diameter and how much length is impacted by the knots' smaller size.

The cost for this service is 50 feet of 100# hi-test bridle line on a continuous length roll, mailed to my residence.

I keep the excess and mail you the 3 pieces with install instructions.

The only difference from the stocker you ask?

This one is built closer to the frame at the center point of the leading edge (a direct connect) and has a significantly smaller hinge to connect the two legs together. The net result is a more responsive connection between the kite and flier, particularly important to inland pilots such as myself.

It is not as sensitive as no bridle at all, but a noticeable difference that many individuals prefer after a side-by-side direct comparison test. Many friends in our local club has been using this modification since 1999. I'm so used to it that I immediately change the bridles upon a receipt of a new 1.5 kite. If I sell an old kite it has the stock bridle in zip-lock baggie and comes with a new 1point6 bridle installed.

Do you NEED it?, heck no!!!,

but you might enjoy learning how to make/use a bridle board and no better thing to practice on than somebody else's proven design!

A few of us are currently paying around with the French Bridle too, but we are not near enough to a solution that it's worth the hassle of making a board.

My house has several of these boards laying around, several sets for the Tirips and another board for KiteSquid's baby Ryvs.

Ryv1.6_bridle.pdf

post-92-1249583308_thumb.jpg

uh oh..... tweaking..... :devil: My specialty. :) And here I was, just looking through this post, to see if it mattered if my top lines were an 1" longer than my bottoms. lol

I quickly went outside and evened all the lines to 1 length so I could some back in and look over this pdf. hehe

I'll have to give this board a shot. I really enjoy making bridles. :)

I made just a simple line measurement board (a little jinky, but it works well), and used that to re-bridle my Widow -- just a 16"pc of plywood with 2 nails driven in 12" apart -- but this looks much much more intriguing. :)

post-2612-126350696777_thumb.jpg

Edited by JoneZ