Gold label vs silver label any difference?

bartman

Question

I need to replace one of my ultra-light rods. It has went missing which is a bit of a puzzle.

It is a gold label. I have ultra light that are silver labels too. Is there any difference? I want to ensure I get the proper match.

Thanks.

Bart

8 answers to this question

I need to replace one of my ultra-light rods. It has went missing which is a bit of a puzzle.

It is a gold label. I have ultra light that are silver labels too. Is there any difference? I want to ensure I get the proper match.

Thanks.

Bart

Of course there is a difference 1 has a gold label and the other has a silver label :confused!: :doh:

Same rod just new labels that's all, as long as they both say ultralight you're good.

Okay, smartie, can you tell me the "obvious" where the heck it is? :-)

I wouldn't even have noticed has it not been for taking everything out of the bag tonight to switch bags and seeing one less stick in there!

I can't even remember using the ultra-light rods this year.

Bart

I checked the leading edge right away since that was my first thought, but no such luck. I always put everything in a bag before it goes into the vehicle so no luck there either.

Clearly laying out in some field somewhere, but I'll never find it. Probably some kid has a nice stick to beat his friends with by now!

I don't think it will be an issue to get another one. It is annoying more than anything since I'm always counting what I'm putting away, but not that time apparently. Might have been missing since last year.

Bart

Okay, smartie, can you tell me the "obvious" where the heck it is? :-)

Bart

It's where ever it ended up due to accidental misplacement :P

I would check other kites maybe it got rolled up in a LE or check the trunk of your car etc.

I had one fall out once after I had rolled up the kite went back 2 days later and luckily it was still there, Now that's luck especially since the lawn guy was way on the other side of the field heading my way.

Hope it turns up ;)

Lost one in a field myself a while back. Like you say, not much money but damned annoying.

Gents,

I roll the kite up rather loosely. Found that when you do that the vertical rods can slide out of the end of the roll. Thus, I started to tuck the two vertical rods in a little more securely. Once the kite wings have been folded inward and before the kite up is rolled up, I tuck the rods into the slot formed by the center leading edge and the two vertical wing leading edges. Once the kite is rolled up, the rods are securely captured. You can safely place the kite under your arm and wind up your lines without fear of one of the vertical rods slipping out of the roll.

Thought I was being a little anal. Now after reading your posts ... maybe I'm not ... well, at least in this area I might not be.

Cheers,

Tom

Gents,

I roll the kite up rather loosely. Found that when you do that the vertical rods can slide out of the end of the roll. Thus, I started to tuck the two vertical rods in a little more securely. Once the kite wings have been folded inward and before the kite up is rolled up, I tuck the rods into the slot formed by the center leading edge and the two vertical wing leading edges. Once the kite is rolled up, the rods are securely captured. You can safely place the kite under your arm and wind up your lines without fear of one of the vertical rods slipping out of the roll.

Thought I was being a little anal. Now after reading your posts ... maybe I'm not ... well, at least in this area I might not be.

Cheers,

Tom

:) Hi Jim,simple but efective ideas are kewl.Nice tip sir.

The only thing thats been a little awkward.When it comes to Gold or Silver Labelling, is now ther all silver.They all look like Race Rods at a glance.When ther was only Race Rods with Silver Labells.I didnt mix um up :wacko::) .

We seem to find lots of spars at our flying site quite regular.Usually ther fiberglass cast offs i would think.From £3 easy up kites.

Perhaps its time for,,,, DAY GLO SPARS...lol

BRIAN...

Edited by big bri