Is the new Blast a good choice for a first quad?

kennyq

Question

I've all but convinced myself that a 1.5 SLE is probably a good starting point, but I cant overlook the fact that the Blast is SO BIG and looks like it really would be a blast. Is the blast more for traction sports (which I'm not into) or can it be a recreational kite as well?

13 answers to this question

Thanks, the more I read the more it sounds like thats the case. I'm thinking either a 1.5 SLE or the JB series (only cause it looks like you get more kite possibilties w/ that kit.

To save you a lot of time and reading every 'which first kite should I buy' thread .... Get the B series .... standard if your average conditions are light/medium, Vented if you have good breeze (If your dealer can get you a mid-vent get that!)

I bought a shockwave as my second kite (a week after my first) and just couldn't fly it ... now I am (slightly) more experienced and can appreciate it a little more so have added a Blast 2~4 and a pair of supersonics (vented and non) ... but the kite that I fly every time I open my bag is the B ... no brainier place to start and finish ;)

We must get some 'Buy a B' T shirts printed :)

I am new at this as well, but I can say that the blast and the speed series kites are considered intermiediate to advanced kites. I originally wanted the shockwave, but I felt I had better learn the ropes with a easier to fly kite. I am sure others here will say mostly the same thing :tomaatit:

After watching Antman (someone with lots o rev experience) getting drug around by his Blast and Blast stack, It looks to me like something one should build up to.

Thanks, the more I read the more it sounds like thats the case. I'm thinking either a 1.5 SLE or the JB series (only cause it looks like you get more kite possibilties w/ that kit.

im with jonsey on that one .. the 1.5 or b series would be a great first choise after time then get a blast obnce you get the control of the kite down to a science.. the blast can pull hard and it also flies a little diffrent the those kites do

If I had to do over my rev experience, I'd start with a B as well. You'll get the hang of flying alot faster.
Agreed, couldn't have put it better. Plus the B gives you more options for different conditions and is a suitable kite to 'grow into'

Thanks All,

I have no problem learning from all of your experiences and help myself avoid making a poor move, but, I have what will obviously be a dumb question - What exactly is a "B" series?... I cant seem to find it on the web site. I see there is a JB series of the 1.5SLE, is that what your talking about?

Hi kennyq,

For a new flyer like you, the good people here suggested either a Rev 1.5SLE or the B series, they can never go wrong, the vast experience from them, you will never regret it choosing either one.

Go for it, once your experience grow, then your next choice can be a Blast, Sonic or even a Shockwave.

Each kite has its own individual character of flying. You will have lots of time enjoying it.

Cheers

chris