July 4th RWB Kite Show @ Liberty State Park!

Theresa

I just received this message from Kurtis:

Subject: July 4th RWB Kite Show @ Liberty State Park!

All points bulletin. (Please fwd to all kite fliers and clubs)

RWB Kite Show

I know this maybe a little last minute. But, Liberty State Park New Jersey will be set up for kite flying (RWB) on the 4th. They had planned for fire works and live entertainment. That has been canceled due to budget problems. And this gives a opportunity to start a new kite event at the park with a built in crowd base. If we can put on a good show, it can grow into something major in the future. This is a chance to start exposing kiting to a LARGE population in the Northeast every July 4th.

Anyone with Red White and Blue Kites (any type) and/or can do demos (of any kind) can come LSP and enjoy some sweet Liberty wind. We will need help and volunteers from any club or anybody! New people, old people, novice, experts or folks that have been wanting to meet kitefliers. If your into kites and want to help support the sport, please come on over.

The great thing is that we do not have to pay the park for this event or the one in August 28, & 29, which would help out the NJSKC event (could come back with help).

It’s going to be less people then if the Jersey City was paying for the Fireworks. But plenty of people come to the park to try and see Macy's fireworks in NYC.

If I can get conformation on who is coming, I will get some catering too. I maybe able to get some one night rooms (limited) also, although it’s kind of late in the game.

We have just about the whole front “Green Lawn” area to use including the circle to fly. This could turn into the biggest RWB kite festival ever!

More info to come.

Please contact.

Kurtis Jones

201 921 5518

oparadis at verizon dot net

www.AliveArchives.com

Kurtis.................

Obviously the Rev Riders and the Jersey Crew will be there in full force to help out in any way possible, including team and individual demos. You know how to reach me so touch base and let me know what we can do to help.

post-1822-127657321036_thumb.jpg

post-1822-127657329917_thumb.jpg

Sure sounds like something that Lynn and I would love to do with our collection of Patriotic Revs, however not in the cards for this year. We already have a commitment in Wyoming for the 4th. We have been wanting to fly at Liberty, but haven't made it to the east coast for several years.

Anxious to see how the event goes. May look at it hard for next year.

See you Jersey folks at WSIKF

Kurtis.................

Obviously the Rev Riders and the Jersey Crew will be there in full force to help out in any way possible, including team and individual demos. You know how to reach me so touch base and let me know what we can do to help.

post-1822-127657321036_thumb.jpg

post-1822-127657329917_thumb.jpg

Hi Rich!

I posted this for Kurtis, so in case he doesn't read your post, you might want to contact him :)

See you in August!

T