Cocoa Beach Florida

choz06

• 2 months later...
If your on the east coast of Florida you should stop by Cocoa Beach. There is a parking lot right at 16th street. Lots of kite surfers as well as a very very friendly kiting beach.

Next time your in Cocoa Beach, go up a bit north to Cape Canaveral... its less crowded, and it has the same wind in the afternoon.. :)

If you guys come to Cocoa Beach and don't let me know I will be hurt. I am always looking for Rev'ers to fly with. I have lived here 25 years and flown on every inch of sand around here. If we have a group and want to fly 120' lines the best paces are just South of Coconuts (bar/grill) if you want to be close to bars restaurants etc. or one of my favorites Lorie Wilson Park. 1500 N. Atlantic Ave. I like it because of the rest rooms showers and easy close free parking. Usually there is plenty of room on the beach a hundred yards or so south or North of the life guard stands. I was there yesterday afternoon.

I have never been asked to leave a beach.

Denny...

I can't believe we haven't met before. I used to own a kiteshop in Cocoa a few years back, and was always on the beach in Cape Canaveral and Lori Wilson..

I still have family up that way, and occasionally head up there on the weekends... I may have to bring some kites up next time and head to the beach.

John.