Portland, OR

KiteLife

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Anyone else thinking of flying at Delta Park today? smile.gif

I guess Delta is a little far for me to travel when the weather is cold and I'm usually ready to go after an hour or two. If you went today, how was it?

I went to the Wash Co Fairgrounds today and had a couple of great hours with my vented 1.5, including a tube tail part of the time. Yesterday I had about an hour with the Hawaiian. Friday Ron Payola and I put up Rev 1.5 full sails but the wind was too squirrely to consider it enjoyable, so we mostly just caught up on each other's recent adventures.

I'll start watching more closely for postings, as I would really like to get some more team time, but December is getting pretty busy, so maybe in January?

Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to all.

Chuck

Chuck and all interested - I would like to have a get together on New Year's Day, if possible!! smile.gif Went to one many years ago when my son was a little one, and had a great time!! smile.gif We'll keep an eye on the weather and post info as we get closer!!smile.gif

Guess we'll have to watch the weather but what a great way to start the new year!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, what gives?? I drive up to Delta this afternoon, and am the only person there!!! kid_brooding.gif Nicest day in forever and no one else to share the wind with!! confused_1.gif Winds started out light, but got better as the day went on!!! You all better have a good excuse!!!!kid_devlish.gif

Sorry Wayne. John, TK, and I spent the day flying in the crowds at the Saturday market kid_smartass.gif

SV said, "Any other reasons from anybody else?"

Ummm -- doing my part for energy conservation?

Didn't think driving 3000 miles (and back again) for 2 hours flying was quite the right thing to do?

I really would like to fly with you, but maybe this wasn't the time for me.

SV said, "Any other reasons from anybody else?"

Ummm -- doing my part for energy conservation?

Didn't think driving 3000 miles (and back again) for 2 hours flying was quite the right thing to do?

I really would like to fly with you, but maybe this wasn't the time for me.

--Pete : It would be great if we could fly together!!!smile.gif My question was really for those in the area!! We have quite a few fliers up here that aren't that far away!! So unless something was interfering ...............? kid_devlish.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in Portland the Jun 10th through the 18th, and wish that I had found this before then. I'm sure that I would have been able to make contact with someone that way, and known where to fly when I was there. I tried to make contact to the only kite club I was able to find in Portland listed on the AKA website, only to never get a reply. Next time, I'll be sure that I get on here first, and make sure that I let people know when I'll be there. At least I now know of someplace to fly!! Had a heck of a time trying to find some place I could get a kite up when I was in town.

Hope to be seeing some of you on my next time into town!!

I will be sure to post when I'm next going to be in Portland. When I'm in town, I rage from Scappoose, Vancouver, Boring, Sandy, and all the way down to Albany. And the coast if I get a wild hair. So I'll meet where ever people are.

I have posted trying to find Fliers in Montana.. None yet to reply

• 2 months later...

I Would LOVE to join you S.V..........!!!

But....... ...... ..... ...... .....

my dog almost diedconfused_1.gif

my oldest daughter got all 4 wisdom teeth cut outconfused_1.gif

3 kid's enrolled , and ready for schoolkid_content.gif

getting Electrical up to code, and ready for inspectionkid_brooding.gif

car broke down this evening, going to tow it home in the am.confused_1.gif

got the B-Pro ordered last week............smile.gif ...........

Stop your whineing Eli...Life is GOOD and U LOVE IT....smile.gifsmile.gif

I would love to make it up their in the near future!!!....... maybe some kind of get together????

Too bad I can't make it to yachat's,wacko.gif .........I guess it will be lincoln city!!!wink.gif

I Would LOVE to join you S.V..........!!!

But....... ...... ..... ...... .....

my dog almost diedconfused_1.gif

my oldest daughter got all 4 wisdom teeth cut outconfused_1.gif

3 kid's enrolled , and ready for schoolkid_content.gif

getting Electrical up to code, and ready for inspectionkid_brooding.gif

car broke down this evening, going to tow it home in the am.confused_1.gif

got the B-Pro ordered last week............smile.gif ...........

Stop your whineing Eli...Life is GOOD and U LOVE IT....smile.gifsmile.gif

I would love to make it up their in the near future!!!....... maybe some kind of get together????

Too bad I can't make it to yachat's,wacko.gif .........I guess it will be lincoln city!!!wink.gif

1 out of 6 ain't half bad!!! mumble, mumble - "B"pro!!!!!