Rev II Sighting

Aerochic

Back when the down tubes were in fornt of the rev logo :kid_devlish:
It's sadly very common. There was an issue of the Into The Wind catalogue several years ago that had the vertical spars on the front of the sail in some photos.

A couple of months ago I saw a guy with a brand-new blue B-Series with the sticks on front. He didn't want to believe me when I said that it flies best with them on the back, but eventually switched them.

Guess what? It flew better! B)

john mitchell is right i too was guessing between 91 and 93 for that model and i dont recall the down spars ever being in the front of a rev kite ever...

Now that gets me to thinking!

What if someone put the rods on the front, added in some standoffs like a dual line kite. Maybe some more of the dual line tricks could be flown with the REV.

or maybe not!

What if someone put the rods on the front, added in some standoffs like a dual line kite. Maybe some more of the dual line tricks could be flown with the REV.

or maybe not!

I seem to remember some of the guys in the UK were experimenting with something like this when I first took up Revs about 3 years back. I don't remember the details, I wasn't paying much attention at the time I was still struggling with the basics to worry about what they were doing. But I think it's probably fair to say that the phenominal amount of breaking news on this forum may be a good indicator of the level of success they had.

or maybe not!

Yep been there tried that, it flew pants lol

Is that what the guy in this video is doing???

http://www.southjerseyvideomagazine.com/ht...7kitefights.htm

What you see in the video are the trick sticks. Guido Maiocchi of Italy has popularized these in Europe and won all of the last five European Cups that he competed at.

What we are referring to is the the opposite. The vertical rods on the front of the REV, instead of on the back, and then standoffs to to keep the bellow in the sail like a two line kite. Something of this nature, however it may turn out.

What you see in the video are the trick sticks. Guido Maiocchi of Italy has popularized these in Europe and won all of the last five European Cups that he competed at.

What we are referring to is the the opposite. The vertical rods on the front of the REV, instead of on the back, and then standoffs to to keep the bellow in the sail like a two line kite. Something of this nature, however it may turn out.

Ahhhhh, Ok! I see the difference now!